0806 mini dashcam Group buy ALL SPACES NOW FILLED

gadgetman

Have placed one 128GB micro card into camera slot B, which will register 22 hours +, and stay as selected in/on slot B.

If I place the same card into slot A it will register the same 22hours+ and stay as selected in/on slot A.

If I place two 128GB micro cards into camera, it will still only register 22hours+ whether selecting AUTO/ slot B/ slot A.

If both cards are fitted and AUTO is selected it will use A.

Have swapped cards around and triple checked validity of both cards which were fine/OK.

I did similar tests with my 2 x 64Gb cards.  Same results as you except that my camera prefers to use Card Slot B when in Auto (or even when 'Card A only' is selected)

Hi all need some advice on how I've hard wired my dash cam

Car is a Honda CR-V 2013

Firstly I piggy backed it into fuse box through rear wiper but this was live with ignition off so I tried numerous other fuses but again they were also live

So i found a spare slot in fuse box so I have plugged piggy back into this with just a 3 amp fuse in the piggyback to cover dash cam and this is only live when ignition is on

So can someone confirm this is ok what I have done

Many thanks in advance all

Hi all need some advice on how I've hard wired my dash cam

Car is a Honda CR-V 2013

Firstly I piggy backed it into fuse box through rear wiper but this was live with ignition off so I tried numerous other fuses but again they were also live

So i found a spare slot in fuse box so I have plugged piggy back into this with just a 3 amp fuse in the piggyback to cover dash cam and this is only live when ignition is on

So can someone confirm this is ok what I have done

Many thanks in advance all

Yes thats fine.  You only need it live with ignition so it will automatically start recording when you start up.

First road test of mine today as I'm now back to driving again :dance:

Left Hinckley approx 0930hrs and dashcam appears to be working fine (no GPS or speed registered though)...... for an hour and recording shuts off.

Pull into Potters Bar Services M25 and camera is restarted with ignition following coffee break :thumbup: GPS & speed now being registered and as before recording stops after 1 hour.

The end result is I have the first hour and the last hour of my 3 hour journey today. Running x2 64GB Transcend SD cards.

Is the problem caused by the device having to write 1 hour of footage? Is there anyway for it to record in smaller chunks? I've left the instructions in Hinckley so apologies if this info is in the manual.

There should be an option to split into 1/3/5m chunks in the menus.

I think this is the bug with loading 2 cards.  It tries to share the load, and falls over?  Not seen a software update yet.

I've set it up for 5min intervals now and will see what the journey back is like :thumbup:

Don't wish to put a downer on the group buy, but mine went back having stopped working with no means of getting it going again. 

Until the all the bugs of the Mini 0806 have been ironed out I don't think I'll be getting another.

Mine is RMA should be with them today, will see what happens.

Mine managed a short recording during the day, took cam out checked footage and all good, put cam back in car to take a night time test and I got a red light, black screen and horrible smell.

Second unit gone the same way as first one now RMA, getting my money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on my third which looks to be working OK, all credit to CCS their customer service has been second to none and they gave the last one a trial run with the same settings I was using to ensure it was not down to a bug in the system caused by the settings I was using. It does look like these units are very early in the release stage so there may be some gremlins about. As I am only using one card at the moment so the switching issue does not cause me any problem. It will be interesting to see what the new firmware will bring once it comes out. I think it is down to the individual if they want to stick with it and wait for the update or just say this model is not for me at the moment. At the moment I have only be doing shortish journeys but will have a longer one coming up soon so will see how it behaves :notme:  One question I have for those that have working units is how long does it normally take for your GPS to get a fix? 

John

From CCS "we’re out of stock of the Mini 0806, and we’re not currently sure when we’ll be receiving more, so at this stage we’re suggesting that returns be refunded in full, rather than keep customers waiting for stock. I hope that’s okay."

So a refund it is for me, and to be honest I think I would have been asking for a refund.

First one worked great for a short while then just died, nothing I did could revive it, just did nothing no lights. Second one came on once while I adjusted the settings after that it would power on (blue/red led) but that was it no screen or recording, would only turn off by holding the power button for 20 sec to get it to reset. Unfortunately when CCS sent this new one we also discovered that the GPS mount had failed, powered the unit but no GPS info. CCS sent me a new one that is working (but a bit slow at getting a fix hence my question) I then looked inside the failed mount and chip U5 had popped its top so the question I then posed to CCS was could this have been killing the others. They have passed this on to the manufacturer to see what they think. 

John

JJC 

Almost exactly the same experience as me, mine also got very hot and gave off a horrid smell.  CCS and I think it is probably the GPS unit that has caused the problem.

It's clearly apparent that my experience is not a one off so there is no way I'm going to take a chance and replace this with the same model .... on the lookout for a more reliable alternative.

Just a quick one guys

When you start your car up and the dash cam comes on,

does the screen only come on for 10 seconds or so then goes off while your driving, is this so you don't get distracted,wasn't sure if it stays on while recording or not

had a problem with mine too - just not turning on - was working perfectly for 3-4 days. going back to ccs in the next few days and if they cant repair, its going to be a refund. ccs offered me a 0805 as the 0806 is out of stock or a refund. dont know what to do as Ive got it hardwired and everything

I got mine through ccs, had no end of issues with mine. Onto my third memory card and now the camera is not loop recording over old footage. It's going back to ccs but I am not impressed with this models reliability.

Video quality and size are excellent but when it doesn't record footage then it is a bit of a waste of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has the loop record bug, but until the last few days has worked well. Now it keeps freezing up partway through a recording. Going to try a different memory card otherwise this one is going back to ccs for a refund and I will go back to the Mobius.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

CCS have asked me to return the cam for testing. They want me to remove the GPS mount and the hardwire kit. Not particularly impressed with having to remove the hardwire kit as a load of trim will have to come off ........

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk