0806 mini dashcam Group buy ALL SPACES NOW FILLED

gadgetman

Is anyone getting an electronic 3 pinging sound from their dash cam every 2 minutes.

I wasn't at first but after moving a few settings it started. Sounds a bit like some phones do when taking a picture, but loud.

Got similar when I tested ours without a memory card inserted. Showed an error message on screen as well.

Is the memory card OK? Is it branded or eBay?

Could be a clue worth following. Originally I had either a Kingston 16gb or a Lexar 8gb in one slot only, these were in the house. Then I ordered 2 x Verbatim 16gb's off ebay. They are in original packaging and don't say "upgrade". I shall take a guess at which one went in first and try again. Will get back in due course. Thanks

There's an app to check if they are legit cards or Chinese fakes. Too many fakes on eBay, I wouldn't buy memory cards from there.

I've got an old Samsung class 10 32gb card I got from Amazon (sold by Amazon) I'll be using.

just ran a few checks and the old Kingston card shows either memory full or card error when it tried to upload the just recorded file. That's one which I had in with a verbatim card. Also I missed the bit about being at least a class 6 card requirement. will run with both verbatim in morning to see what happens. but think it should be ok except for needing the correct card class.

Thanks gadgetman.

Just been looking to see what else there is out there on the 0806, & found this: http://www.carcamwarehouse.com/mini_0806_car_camera.html

Unfortunately I can find nothing on why the "Mini 0806 has failed our STRICT quality control testing".

Does anyone else have any further information?

Just been looking to see what else there is out there on the 0806, & found this: http://www.carcamwarehouse.com/mini_0806_car_camera.htmlUnfortunately I can find nothing on why the "Mini 0806 has failed our STRICT quality control testing".Does anyone else have any further information?

Iirc that message has been on their site for a while.

Those that have the 0806. Have you managed to get the speed and GPS to display. Mine just shows a row of zero's. I am assuming its due to having only the standard mount in the kit.

When I plug the camera into the computer & use the camera player, I get the 3 screens with the video, GPS, & speed. I am using the GPS mount, although initially I'd used the non-GPS mount (senior or blonde moment when sticking it up, just opened up the mount & changed the innards). Plugging the card into a reader I only get the video, probably a way round that, but so far haven't bothered finding it.

When I plug the camera into the computer & use the camera player, I get the 3 screens with the video, GPS, & speed. I am using the GPS mount, although initially I'd used the non-GPS mount (senior or blonde moment when sticking it up, just opened up the mount & changed the innards). Plugging the card into a reader I only get the video, probably a way round that, but so far haven't bothered finding it.

Yours came with 2 mounts? Ordered GPS option and only got one

Are you still using the player from the SD card to play the files back?

Registratorviewer is a better option IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally fitted mine today.

I've checked out a journey I did and found a few gaps in the recording.  I've turned off motion detection, hoping this was the cause. I'm using 1080p 40fps.  Has anyone else reviewed their recordings?  I'd recommend copying the SD card to a PC as this can cause stuttering in the camera app.

Example recording with lens filter added (didnt clean glass from removing circular sticker :notme: )

Are you still using the player from the SD card to play the files back?

Registratorviewer is a better option IMHO

Yes, but will try the viewer you recommend, thanx.

1. Gadgetman - code sent 
2. Johnny 5ive - code sent
3. Andyvee - code sent 
4. Leouk - code sent 
5. wharferat - code sent 
6. hockeylad72 - code sent 
7. decuk - code sent
8. Ally_bassman - code sent
9. FlyHigh - code sent
10. Splooter - code sent
11. XCR41G - code sent 
12. jjc - code sent
13. The hub - code sent
14. Daz1972 - code sent 
15. Dempster - code sent 
16. Cheechy - code sent
17. Dozer123456 - code sent
18. llandai - code sent

What actual power will the Mini 0806 run on.

The car charger knocks out 5volts 2amps connected to the camera internal battery.

So if a piggy-back fuse system is used by a 12volt direct live feed to camera, that can't be good/right ?

Suggestions members please..

You wire the hardwire kit to the piggy back fuse, so it steps it down to 5v

Thanks 'andyvee' just read the printed material..DAH!! prior to cancelling my last entry...but you were too quick for me..LOL

Don't suppose you know the answer to my question under  'Which piggy-back fuses do I need'   thread?

One little niggle I have noticed occasionally with the 0806, sometimes shutting the door can be enough to activate the recording function. So far as I know, I don't have the parking guard. It's a nuisance as it then ignores the ignition switching on, & powers itself down after a short time despite power being supplied to the camera. I now tend to check if the camera is recording before I start the engine, & if it is, either wait until it's powered down, or press the ON button once it has switched itself off.