Request - Estate Panno Roof Photos ? (and Feedback)

Request - Estate Panno Roof Photos ? (and Feedback)

Hello,

Any owners with the panno roof on their combo able to share some photos, (internal and external) if possible ?

I have tried to find a dealer with one in stock so I can take a look but no where seems to have one.

Also, am i correct in thinking theres no slide cover ?

Much appreciated

Thank you/

Edited by RickTT

The panel covers a big area and it provides a really good view for the real seat passengers. It's less good for the front passengers because the opening is almost out of the eye line so you really only benefit from the fresh air and outside sounds. It has plenty of settings from open just a little to fully back so the front glass panel slides back over the back one. It has an internal sliding (black in the case of the VRS) curtain, which is good when the weather is cold or you want to stop the passing street lights waking up the children.

Its a great extra without any real downside as far as I can see, provided it keeps working, and the drains don't clog up. It does steam up on the inside in cold weather but no worse than the other windows. Other members have said they would prefer to avoid the weight high up in the car - I've not noticed any real effect.

I'm 6ft 4in and have no problem with the headroom - that seems fine.

• Like 3

We have it and find it brightens the otherwise dark interior, even with the shade closed (it's more of a thick mesh than a solid panel). Head room is good because the front glass slides on top of the rear. I put a pic of mine from the cargo area in the MkIII Octavia Photos Thread.

• Like 1

Thank you all and also for the link to video.

Im not too concerned regarding the extra weight v how the cabin will feel - im thinking it will brighten up them UK winter days !

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 2

We have it and find it brightens the otherwise dark interior, even with the shade closed (it's more of a thick mesh than a solid panel). Head room is good because the front glass slides on top of the rear. I put a pic of mine from the cargo area in the MkIII Octavia Photos Thread.

Be interesting to hear your opinion of the pano roof after the 41 degree C forecast for this coming Saturday?

This pretty much covers it - think it might be the Superb as the switches look slightly different, but otherwise identical. The roof lining is black in the VRS

Lady in the film seems to like it a lot!

She looks far too smug haha

haha..

I have read a few older posts on here regarding the Panno roof upseting the balance on the O3 resulting in making it top heavy ?  What are owners thoughts ?

Tbh I think some people are a bit too picky, if you can feel the difference from a steel to a glass roof on a car that weighs 1.3tonnes anyway you must be bricking it when its full of fuel, passengers, luggage and a bottle of water in the door pocket  :notme:

I`ll have to be careful mine doesn`t tip over on a bend when I`ve got 2 bikes on the roof bars with my top heavy sunroof!!!!  :D

• Like 4

We have it and find it brightens the otherwise dark interior, even with the shade closed (it's more of a thick mesh than a solid panel).

Be aware that there is (imo) a big difference between the VRS and nonVRS versions: The VRS has a rather opaque black curtain, which doesn't let through much sunlight. The nonVRS with the beige interior have a curtain that has "larger holes" (not sure how to describe it properly) and lets through a lot more sunlight. Since I like dark interiors (makes me focus more on the road and distracts less) I only chose the panoramic roof as we got the VRS. That way it's nice and dark when I drive and I can make it brighter for the kids when they are in the car as well. Had we chosen the nonVRS I would have dropped the pano option. That's just me though.

We love ours! It is great! We've owned the car for 8 months and I think closed the blind once - it just brightens the interior and is so cool. Moreover, given the fixed headrests of a vRS we found that it made the rear more airy for passengers. You can tilt it open if you don't want a full opening. That said, a late night blast at 70+ with the roof open was pretty cool! I've not noticed any weight gain; and I really doubt you would to be honest.

10288795_10154216661795145_9071785558681

1384326_10154307953825145_78224289600971

10628237_10154594540055145_8465660893085

• Like 4

I hope the seagulls are just standard in the UK. They won't find much food around here* and I don't wanna clean the car everyday.

*That said there are thousands in Leicester and not much fish either, so who knows.

I do love my pano roof. If only you'd asked before the weekend, I'd have got some good shots for you as I had the roof rails off and just cleaned her!

I've got the beige interior and it's all lovely and light inside - but I'd come from a light interior A6 so preferred it anyway. I don't notice any top heaviness, but them my belly offers plenty of low down weight to counteract it! Like London Les I am 6'4" and have plenty of room.

Kids love it and it was great having it open this weekend while it was cold and sunny, nicer than having the windows open - can't wait for summer!

It does benefit the rear passengers more and it would have been nicer if it was full width like the hatch - contemplating wrapping the roof in gloss black.

• Like 1

Be aware that there is (imo) a big difference between the VRS and nonVRS versions: The VRS has a rather opaque black curtain, which doesn't let through much sunlight. The nonVRS with the beige interior have a curtain that has "larger holes" (not sure how to describe it properly) and lets through a lot more sunlight. Since I like dark interiors (makes me focus more on the road and distracts less) I only chose the panoramic roof as we got the VRS. That way it's nice and dark when I drive and I can make it brighter for the kids when they are in the car as well. Had we chosen the nonVRS I would have dropped the pano option. That's just me though.

You forgot about the L&K version which is a classy cream colour roof lining and pano roof blind, darker than the standard octy colour.

Mine doesn't have big holes in it!

• Like 1

You forgot about the L&K version which is a classy cream colour roof lining and pano roof blind, darker than the standard octy colour.

Mine doesn't have big holes in it!

Didn't forget about it. But I have never seen an L&K so didn't know. I don't mean big holes as such it's just that the curtain in the VRS is very fine mesh, whereas the nonVRS (and L&K?) is more "coarse". And the VRS curtain being black it absorbs more light as well.

Have a look at the pic of the roof in this post by Citembe...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/296662-post-your-mk3-octavia-photos/?p=3740372

Yes, I love my pano roof. It's just great cruising around with the roof open on summer days. And even when it is winter or cloudy it brightens up the interior.

Here are a few pics:

2014 04 17 17.05.21

2014 04 17 17.05.10

2014 04 17 17.12.28

Edited by citembe
  • Like 2

Yes, I love my pano roof. It's just great cruising around with the roof open on summer days. And even when it is winter or cloudy it brightens up the interior.

Here are a few pics:

Thanks for sharing - looks the business that

How is it to drive with the panoroof open all the way in speeds up to around 60mph?

Much wind or noise?

Of course it makes some noise, but it is far from the noise if you open up one of the windows.

Actually the noise is less annoying if you open it up all the way, compared to the other open positions. Perhaps it's because of the distance from the edge of the glass to your ears increases the more it is opened. And then there is also the possibility to just tilt the glass, but I never really use that option. I rarely drive with passengers in the back seat, so for me it is normally either closed or fully opened.

Of course it makes some noise, but it is far from the noise if you open up one of the windows.

Actually the noise is less annoying if you open it up all the way, compared to the other open positions. Perhaps it's because of the distance from the edge of the glass to your ears increases the more it is opened. And then there is also the possibility to just tilt the glass, but I never really use that option. I rarely drive with passengers in the back seat, so for me it is normally either closed or fully opened.

Sounds good!

I expect some noise, and as long as it is quiter than the windows.

A bit wind in the back wont matter, my dog will probably love it :)

Sounds good!

I expect some noise, and as long as it is quiter than the windows.

A bit wind in the back wont matter, my dog will probably love it :)

Borderline pet cruelty in my opinion, but I'm sure it gets its own revenge from time to time.

It will love the better ventilation from the open pano-roof though :)

Edited by Gerrycan