Car Shampoo

planehazza

Used the last of my maxisuds II yesterday. What would you recommend I get next? Can't say I was too impressed with the stuff - smelled awesome but it wasn't at all "sudsy". Lots of foam in the bucket, but no suds on the car...

My two current favourites on the garage shelf are as follows:-

Britemax Cleanmax shampoo - nice and slick (recommended to me by NM - thanks)

and

OPT Optimum Car Wash Shampoo - which is super slick, and very high concentrate

I can easily recommend both; but the Britemax deals about are exceptional value, if you buy at the right time.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

I can easily recommend both; but the Britemax deals about are exceptional value, if you buy at the right time.  :thumbup:

Any more info on when the right time is please Ste? (and also the where).

Cheers

Simon

• Like 2

Any more info on when the right time is please Ste? (and also the where).

Cheers

Simon

I've got it once from iShine Car Care in their sale - 25% off at the time;

last time was i4detailing Xmas code with free wash mitt and free delivery.

Just need to keep your eye out for the deals Simon....  :thumbup:

• Like 2

I use wolfs chemical white satin. As above with the others, cleans well, lubricates well and good for clay cloth lube too. Most important for me is that it's a pure shampoo so doesn't leave anything behind. That way, when my protection fails I know about it. I get this one because it's free delivery from polishedbliss.co.uk and you need 20ml for 10 litres of water, so its very cheap really.

• Like 1

I use AG shampoo conditioner which in the 2.5l bottle is good value when 3 4 2 at Halfords, though I've bought it off ebay before now too. As you can see many have their own preferences and there is no 'correct' answer but as long as you get one that doesn't have any wax in it from a reputable manufactuter you'll be fine. I'm going to try some of the carchem stuff on SWMBO car to see what that's like compared to what I have now so I can get their 12.5% discount when I get some new buckets.

• Like 3

I've got it once from iShine Car Care in their sale - 25% off at the time;

last time was i4detailing Xmas code with free wash mitt and free delivery.

Just need to keep your eye out for the deals Simon....  :thumbup:

Cheers Ste  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  , I was just wondering whether you had one particularly good source or recurring deal for these.  I can't spend my life scouring the net for detailing deals, so I'll let the detailing junkies keep an eye out for the deals and hope they post the good ones here :)

PS, other than crimbo are there other common sale periods, think I saw talk of an easter one somewhere?

that said, I hope to spend considerably less this year....

• Like 1

Cheers Ste  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  , I was just wondering whether you had one particularly good source or recurring deal for these.  I can't spend my life scouring the net for detailing deals, so I'll let the detailing junkies keep an eye out for the deals and hope they post the good ones here :)

PS, other than crimbo are there other common sale periods, think I saw talk of an easter one somewhere?

that said, I hope to spend considerably less this year....

OK mate - i'll be sure and post up next time i see some deals on shampoo options.

As for the next seasonal sales.... Bank Holiday weekends such as Easter etc - for sure...  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I've used a few different shampoos and currently have four different bottles in my arsenal which include.

Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash & Gloss - Only used for the second time on the weekend and first impressions are, it's very economical, suds up and cleans very well and leaves behind a lovely gloss which I like very much.

Carlack Carcare Shampoo - Brought it when I brought the Carlack 68 syc + Collinite combo and again another very good shampoo, not quite as much gloss but I use it every other wash in the winter just because of all the nasties and i'd like to think my winter protection benefits from it.

Zymol Shampoo - I was really suprised by this one it smells absolutely fantastic is economical and again leaves behind a nice gloss. I'll probably use this one more in the summer and the Citrus wash and gloss over the winter and bad weather days.

Auto Finesse Lather. For some reason that I can't quite put my finger on this one so far just hasn't quite done it for me. I mean it does the job well enough I just find myself preferring the others rather than this one. I brought it when Clean your Car had the 3 for 2 offer on but I doubt i'll buy more to be honest.

Autoglym Shampoo a conditioner is another good one and as has been said if you pick it up when halfords have the 3 for 2 offer on it's very good value for money.

There's my two pennies. Most shampoo's will do the job you need but to me it's about experimenting until you find the product that work for you, or by reading reviews by others.

Edited by theezenutz
  • Like 1

In other news, I just discovered what "SWMBO" means! haha.  I thought you folks kept referring to a member here and was like, "who is this mythical SWMBO you speaketh of?"!

THe only other stuff I've used before was Megs NXT but I cannot remember what it was like.  For convinience, I might just pick up some AG shampoo and some Megs Gold Class and try them both...

• Like 2

I picked up a bottle of one of the Autobrite ones in the sale, Purple Velvet I think (as favoured by the famous Clive no less).

Feels quite nice, and didnt notice a real difference compared to gold class (in my limited experience) and has a good dilution ratio. Looks a little expensive though outside of the sale.

Plenty of suggestions to be going at, probably comes down to stumbling across a decent offer on the above stuff or ambling down to halfords for a 3for2 for ease.

• Like 3

I usually use Megs Gold Class, at the moment I'm using Megs Ultimate wash & wax which smells of pineapple & does a great job with plenty of shine!

Bought large bottle when shop was out of stock of gold class, impressed with both!