Moments of joy in your day today

mender

I get to see my wife today!  We're currently living apart due to my working on my parents' home to ready it for sale and her in a child support role for our daughter who is 7 months pregnant and feeling it.

The dog's pretty excited, too :)

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

I enjoyed the cat show jumping, but was more alarmed at the decadent use of all those toilet rolls 

dont worry, im pretty sure they will all be recycled....

• Groan 1

Well it brought a little joy to my day:

(With the exception of an ad break or two for things I wouldn't pi$$ on if they were alight :notme:)

Gaz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nowhere near as poignant as the above, but I have just upgraded my SKY HD to SKY Q (4k UHD) and saved about a £10 a month plus it includes Netflix, so I get a saving there as well (in theory a triple win as the image quality should improve a little). No doubt the migration of the services will be a pain, but you never know. Apparently there is an engineer coming to modify my LNB and hand over the new SKY box. He then will shout instructions through the window on what to do, as they aren't allowed into houses at present  :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skomaz said:

Fixing the bog...   only a simple issue with a diaphragm on an inlet valve but it gave me great pleasure fixing it with a part that cost £1.98 rather than the original branded part that would have been just under £7...

A fiver saved and no plumbers call out fee! That would make me happy. The serious joy of a cheap DIY solution. :) :thumbup:

Yesterday whilst tidying up to put the bins out I accidently threw out the new tablets prescribed and collected for SWMBO on Friday. (The short version, SWMBO's comments would block the thread for about 2 pages))

This morning I had to start at 9th in the queue on the phone to speak to the Doctor to request a (rapid) repeat prescription)

As I was explaining it I could hear her trying not to burst out laughing. But she emailed a script to the pharmacy despite the giggles. The pharmacy rang me about 20minutes later to say they were ready to collect.

I went (socially distanced of course) to collect them. Arriving home I experienced several moments of  joy (silence) in my day.

Edited by BJM
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I have just upgraded my SKY HD to SKY Q

I'm very interested to hear how this goes as we're looking at doing the same.

3 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

we need a sticky

I have to say one of the primary aims of the Worshipful Company is to minimise or eradicate sticky ...

• Groan 2

24 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

I'm very interested to hear how this goes as we're looking at doing the same.

Could be interesting. I'm hoping the Netflix migration will be seamless. From what I've read, it auto triggers once you open the Netflix app on the Q box. It asks you to fill in your account details and behind the scenes will migrate the payments over to SKY leaving your Netflix account untouched. You need one of the higher end packs to keep the 4K Netflix account, but that still worked out cheaper than what I currently pay. Also, my legacy F1 channel that I don't pay for, is now to be charged for, but still doesn't increase my current overall monthly spend. I can't help but think something has been overlooked. 

1 minute ago, MikeTheThinker said:

How about "At your convenience"?

Flash in the pan?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1