Top rated octavia colours

I've gone Candy white again - the paint is bullet proof, it stays cleaner than dark cars, it doesn't show swirl marks etc.

I couldn't justify £600 extra for a pearlescent white - looking at it next to Candy White the pearl effect didn't seem very pronounced.

I've gone Candy white again - the paint is bullet proof, it stays cleaner than dark cars, it doesn't show swirl marks etc.

I couldn't justify £600 extra for a pearlescent white - looking at it next to Candy White the pearl effect didn't seem very pronounced.

We saw the moon white on a Yeti vs Candy on an Octavia, and on the Yeti it seemed more noticeable. On the Octavia you can only see the difference in direct sunlight. We were a bit disappointed about that.

Meteor Grey, original and totally cool.

Race Blue is a Scooby rip off.

White is the new silver.

Black looks good for 1 week after bringing it home from the showroom.

Steel/silver metallics look like every other car in the car park.

Yellow depreciates like a Vauxhall.

Red is OK but doesn't stand out in a crowd.

Grey will be copied by all the other manufacturers by the end of the summer. New Ford Focus RS already being advertised in grey.

White is the new silver.

Grey will be copied by all the other manufacturers by the end of the summer. New Ford Focus RS already being advertised in grey.

Red doesn't stand out in a crowd? Only if it's a crowd of red cars. One of the reasons I prefer red is exactly because it does stand out in a crowd(ed supermarket or airport car park) of grey, grey, grey, black, white and grey. Colour is a very personal thing and I just like bold primary colours, especially on dull, British winter days. each to his own. On a technical note, a VAG body-shop manager told me that red is far and away the easiest colour to match if you need a repair.

• Like 1

White is the new silver.

Grey- Too much like silver and steel colours (steel is grey!!), hence looks like every other car in the carpark

Race Blue- Pleasant but common

White- Soon looks like the interior of Andyvee's car

Black- BORING

Steel/ Silver- See above, but at least silver has something going for it, unlike grey!!!

Yellow- Well, if you are a fan of The Beatles

Red- I used to have a dark red car, don't knock it

Pacific Blue- Puuuuurfect

Only 1 mention for a brown colour. But I can see why, who would choose the colour of a turd!!

I have my estate back a few weeks to use until dealer can provide a new solution. I It is pacific blue and now it's had a 3rd party respray it's looking sharp. Doesn't look cheap doesn't look predictable just makes the car look a little classy. Shame it has to go!

Edited by octavianestate

My local dealer must have been a Vauxhall salesman in a former life then as he's ringing me every few days to see if I want to sell it...and I don't.

Many thanks Matt, I thought it was Metal Grey but good to have confirmation!

I used to have a 10-plate petrol DSG Octavia hatch in white, thinking of coming back to Skoda (currently got a Focus ST) and seen the above car for sale. It's a Diesel though, would imagine it would be a fair drop in power from the ST (250bhp v 186bhp).

There's a very nice denim blue (actually lighter than denim) which I would have gone for, but for reasons known only to some idiot in a suit at Skoda, you can't have it on the vRS.

After Race blue and Candy white, this my third vRS is in Corrida red.  I prefer the red you get with an Audi A3, but this one looks good when it's clean, which it isn't often as I now live in a Dorset village surrounded by farms.

There's a very nice denim blue (actually lighter than denim) which I would have gone for, but for reasons known only to some idiot in a suit at Skoda, you can't have it on the vRS.

After Race blue and Candy white, this my third vRS is in Corrida red. I prefer the red you get with an Audi A3, but this one looks good when it's clean, which it isn't often as I now live in a Dorset village surrounded by farms.

My Mrs works in the sticks of Dorset, so our vRS has the same problem!!

You should pop along to one of our regular monthly meets... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/344513-Blandford-Meet-%234---Thurs-19th-March-2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really relating to the Octavia 3 forum, but the vRS yellow was lovely. Not the custard variety but the one with the lemony, sherberty fizz. It looked superb under petrol station lights and had many second looks from other drivers. The we had racing green - not as good imho but in truth it too has had a few glances. At least when it is/was washed.

• Like 1