*Positive vRS Thread*- No off topic!

Gumby

This was my favourite post by anyone interested in a Mk2 Fabia vRS Twincharger.

They asked about the engines on the VW Forum. 

Somehow it seems even back then they knew little about the Engines and still not much more all this time later,

all of 2 years later it is..

http://volkswagenforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14713

This is probably the member and Briskoda Fabia Forum user with the longest interest in the Twinchargers without ever buying one.

When I saw another of his unhelpful posts today I wondered WTH is he still doing around here in 2016. Surely utter, endless boredom must be classified as a serious disorder by modern standards.

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 1

This was my favourite post by anyone interested in a Mk2 Fabia vRS Twincharger.

They asked about the engines on the VW Forum.

Somehow it seems even back then they knew little about the Engines and still not much more all this time later,

all of 2 years later it is..

http://volkswagenforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14713

This is probably the member and Briskoda Fabia Forum user with the longest interest in the Twinchargers without ever buying one.

Thanks George - interesting and enjoyable read - sensible discussion without any sodden mattresses.
  • Like 1

Already thinking about which nearby tracks I'm going to hit once the weather allows the federals to go back on. Was great fun the first time and it surely surprised a few people with how it went... A colleague with an MKII Elise wondered who'd be faster around the track... Power-wise he's got a ~100 bhp deficit but that Elise is < 900kg and pretty planted so it will be interesting. Even though I'd like a newer car just for this mere reason (being in a newer car) the vRS makes it hard for us to part every time I start considering a change...

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A positive thought to add to this thread -

My car is probably worth about £6000. Maybe a bit less now I don't know. But I really do love it to bits despite it using a little oil, and some/all of you will probably call me crazy, but to consider selling it you'd have to offer me AT LEAST double its value for me to think about it.

This is because it does everything it needs too, it's fun to drive, cheap to run and there's nothing else under about £25k that I'd consider buying right now. I know exactly how it's been driven, it's service history and it's mine. :)

thats the trouble with the mk2 Vrs, it does nothing 100% but it does everything 80% and thats very hard to find in a car now.  Its strange, the things i like, sometimes its the sound, other times its the Q car nature of doing a so called faster car off the lights by surprise to round a track, or next its getting 50mpg on a long run and managing 450 miles out of £42 fill up through to filling it to the brim to do a dump run.  For me its been a real allrounder which means when i come to change next year or the year after it will be a real tough decision.  

Part of me wants a Megane Rs250 so i can do the trackways again which i simply won't do in the VRS, sure it can do the odd lap of the ring etc but its not built for a full trackway in my eyes and i do prefer a manual box for track work.  But i know if i go back to a manual as my only car i will curse that first time i am sitting in traffic on a motorway jam.

I just wish the Audi S1 had come with a DSG box as that would be the ideal car for me, oh well, not an issue for now.

• Like 1

Really struggling to think what we'd replace ours with. Nothing else out there for the money that ticks all the same boxes. Will likely be holding onto it for another 12mmths. Part of the problem is skoda just don't make anything else which appeals anymore. Octy vRS is too big and frankly too low powered for its size. If Skoda pull their finger out and release a mk3 fabia vRS that would do very nicely. Seems unlikely tho!

• Like 1

Have you looked at a Seat Leon FR 1.8TSI 180ps. Come as a Hatch or Estates.

To me it is just so much better than a Polo GTI TSI, and Seat Dealers really need to drop prices and sometimes do.

They are like a grown up Fabia IMO. The suspension is good.

Yeah that's a good shout George. I've had w look and driven the Cupra 280. I think it would be a good option for us but Mrs Furbytom detests the Leon. She thinks it is chavvy and the interior poor quality so it's probably a no go.

• Like 3

At the moment she fancies waiting until I get bored of the mini then changing both cars atvtgecsane time -meaning she gets her Polo and I'll get something bigger to do any load lugging lol. No way could we have a polo and mini together, way too impractical.

• Like 1

prices are getting seriously tempting on the Polo Gti, local garage to me has a really nice 5dr DSG Polo with 700 miles on clock, 16995

bargain and going the right way for my tastes

http://eurocanterbury.co.uk/usedcars/used-cars-detail/?item_id=605429398

I quite like the look of those. And with a 1.8T, they must be fairly tuneable?

• Like 1

Really struggling to think what we'd replace ours with. Nothing else out there for the money that ticks all the same boxes. Will likely be holding onto it for another 12mmths. Part of the problem is skoda just don't make anything else which appeals anymore. Octy vRS is too big and frankly too low powered for its size. If Skoda pull their finger out and release a mk3 fabia vRS that would do very nicely. Seems unlikely tho!

Agree with all of the above. From time to time my local Skoda dealer call me and ask if I'd be interested in a new model. My answer each time is the same; the Skoda Rapid isn't rapid, Octavia is too big and expensive, superb the same, Citigo too small and slow, and Yeti is a mixture of the above.

All great cars I'm sure, not dissing any of them at all, BUT they just don't tick all of the boxes like the Fabia vRS does.

• Like 3

All great cars I'm sure, not dissing any of them at all, BUT they just don't tick all of the boxes like the Fabia vRS does.

Just a pity they discontinued it & didn't replace it with something similar or better.

Also it seems that some dealers & Skoda UK will go to the nth degree to deny that there were fundamental design & quality problems with the twincharger engine. Instead they resort to excuses, smoke & mirrors & downright lies to disguise the appalling treatment foisted on some - (not all) vRS owners by the mighty VAG group, who have already been outed as cheats vis a vis the emissions scandal.

I am currently doing battle with Skoda UK & may have something to report shortly.

In spite of all that. Still a damn fine car!!

Edited by vrs4now
  • Like 3

Hi new member here I've put a deposit down on a Fabia VRS Tsi 2010, read some reviews and some of the issue and now starting to worry a little. The car is 36k miles FSH and drove really well, no hesitation issues etc, I'm just wondering if its worth getting or not, if its just a case of monitoring the oil usage, and checking the plugs are changed regularly that's fine I can manage that. But if theres a high probability of having issues I may have seconds thoughts, although thinking I may just get a decent warranty with it to cover myself in case of engine issue?, just after some thoughts/advice really

Edited by scoobysn7x

Hi new member here I've put a deposit down on a Fabia VRS Tsi 2010, read some reviews and some of the issue and now starting to worry a little. The car is 36k miles FSH and drove really well, no hesitation issues etc, I'm just wondering if its worth getting or not, if its just a case of monitoring the oil usage, and checking the plugs are changed regularly that's fine I can manage that. But if theres a high probability of having issues I may have seconds thoughts, although thinking I may just get a decent warranty with it to cover myself in case of engine issue?, just after some thoughts/advice really

FSH (Skoda?) is a good starting point. You can phone Skoda customer services - 0333-003-7504 - to check whether any warranty work has been carried out and whether the gearbox oil change has been done as part of the 'campaign'. Do you know how long the previous owner had it?  You should be able to take out a warranty with Skoda that covers 'sudden failure' - you can chose between specified components and 'all components'.

When I put down a deposit on mine (which was just paying for six months' tax) I did have some doubts when I then went onto the Scottish VAG site and saw someone had chopped in his Polo due to oil consumption - this was back when there were the first murmurings of problems - however, I decided (thankfully in retrospect)  to press ahead with the purchase - that was nearly four and half years ago (although I did have the benefit of two years' manufacturer's warranty left).

FSH (Skoda?) is a good starting point. You can phone Skoda customer services - 0333-003-7504 - to check whether any warranty work has been carried out and whether the gearbox oil change has been done as part of the 'campaign'. Do you know how long the previous owner had it?  You should be able to take out a warranty with Skoda that covers 'sudden failure' - you can chose between specified components and 'all components'.

When I put down a deposit on mine (which was just paying for six months' tax) I did have some doubts when I then went onto the Scottish VAG site and saw someone had chopped in his Polo due to oil consumption - this was back when there were the first murmurings of problems - however, I decided (thankfully in retrospect)  to press ahead with the purchase - that was nearly four and half years ago (although I did have the benefit of two years' manufacturer's warranty left).

Thanks Brian69, not sure which garages but thinks its skoda I will double check, I'll get the Vin and phone the number you gave (thanks), I'm buying the car for a renault dealer so not sure how I would get the Skoda extended warranty of if I would be able too, a warranty website looks about £500 for 2 year with everything covered so I may just do this for piece of mind, Drove a few cars Golf GTI, Leon Fr. Civic Type R, but loved the Fabia put a massive smile on my face, and was easily the best condition looked spotless, obviously been looked after and the engine oil looked fresh and a lovely colour.

Edited by scoobysn7x

** Positive vRS thread**

Please keep it so.  Nice comments about the cars, not other cars nor being worried about buying one.

Thanks.

:thumbup:

Edited by Gumby
  • Like 4

The best way to stop worrying about buying one is to buy. I love mine, it's a shame my commute is so short I can only get about 30 mpg but that's not the cars fault. Just bought some clay, wax and a few other bits so I can give it a proper clean soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1