New Qashqai and its Toys

saurabhdutt

I test drove a new CashCow for my mother in law today and I was surprised to see the toys it comes with. It made my trusty octy look dated.

It is quite expensive though.

What do you guys think about it? Worth it?

The standard navigation system is indeed pretty capable, for what it is, but the car itself feels cheap, the steering is vague at best and it wallows around in bends. Not to mention how it feels on the motorway, or how bulky it is in tight city driving. I've driven them on a few occasions but I wouldn't buy one...then again I dislike SUVs in general.

Plus they seem to have some serious reliability issues.

Edited by kallekilponen

Nissan and Renault do an awful lot of component sharing now which is something that puts me off...also most Nissans whilst well enough buil are damm plasticky.

I also concur on the cost....nearly 30k for a top spec one that at best comes with a 130hp 1.6 diesel engine (which in truth will probably feel underpowered in a car that size particularly with 4wd)....many other cars Id rather be looking at for the money. To be fair though I dont doubt for a minute you'd have any trouble knocking at least 10/15% off list.

• Like 1

Nissan and Renault do an awful lot of component sharing now which is something that puts me off...also most Nissans whilst well enough buil are damm plasticky.

I also concur on the cost....nearly 30k for a top spec one that at best comes with a 130hp 1.6 diesel engine (which in truth will probably feel underpowered in a car that size particularly with 4wd)....many other cars Id rather be looking at for the money. To be fair though I dont doubt for a minute you'd have any trouble knocking at least 10/15% off list.

You are correct, they have knocked 14% of the list price already with 3 years free servicing and 4.9% PCP

I got my first Octy (Mk. 1 vRS) by trading in a Primera GT (which I liked a lot) because the following Primera had a lot of Renault influence in looks. It looked terrible!!!

Nissan lost a (previously) satisfied customer.

Car makers rarely learn from the cliche' "if it ain't broke, don't fix it...."!

i just replaced my faulty 2014 Nissan QQ CVT for the Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI DSG

the QQ has so many problems, especially with the CVT Gearbox, mine was replaced twice in 6 months, until the dealer gave up and issued a full refund for the car, and then i ordered the Octavia instead

Also build quality on the QQ is not especially good, lots of creaking sounds, and poor plastic quality, the connect system in the QQ is very buggy, and especially the engine noise from the diesel was far louder than in other diesels i have owned. the Skoda is loads better

just my 2 cents

Have a nice weekend

Carsten

• Like 1

I read the cashcow can suffer a lot of electrical problems.

But reading the articles on here the octavia is no way perfect.

Depends if you like to spend your money on luxuries inside the car or on luxuries external to the car which when you are driving you won't ever see

My brother works for Nissan and I leased one from them 2 and a half years ago; an N-Tech+, which is one model from top spec. My brother bought a Tekna one with all of the options as he gets discount, he's had it almost 2 years now without a single issue. As said the equipment in it is crazy. 

They're on the cusp of building an infinity which is going to start at mid £30k I think. 

I had a Renault, quite high spec lots of extras.

Lots of stuff broke.

Out of warranty a lot of it was too expensive to bother fixing.

These days I avoid unnecessary extras. Quite like the accord because other than the modern diesel engine a lot of the rest of the car is quite simple. No star trek dash like the Civic either.

• Like 1