230 Bhp Vrs

Hi Rob,

I work in the Skoda dealer network and this information was sent out to us on the day I posted (no notes to say it was sensitive so I thought I'd share :notme: )

I'm sure that at some point over the coming weeks there'll be an updated brochure to include this model but I've got no reason to believe that the facts and figures aren't accurate

if I get word of a web link or similar then I'll post it up here for all.

Cheers

• Like 2

Real Shame Skoda UK couldn't get their act together and give the information to the dealers in time. Probably would have opt for this as it seems to make sense value wise (if you wanted that spec on the standard vRS).

Real Shame Skoda UK couldn't get their act together and give the information to the dealers in time. Probably would have opt for this as it seems to make sense value wise (if you wanted that spec on the standard vRS).

My thoughts exactly. Although with Canton, Kessy, spare wheel, smart link and metallic (all must have options for me) on top you are looking at one pricy Octavia. Yes I am sure that it goes round the ring 10 seconds quicker but not sure it would get me up the m40 any quicker (he says trying to pursuade himself).

Edit - I didn't spec leather seats and got the free Amundsen upgrade offer. Not bothered about all the black bits so really only the diff that I have missed out on. As a swift family load lugger not sure I'll really miss that either.

But they should have given their dealers more info at an earlier stage.

Edited by RobbySpurs

My thoughts exactly. Although with Canton, Kessy, spare wheel, smart link and metallic (all must have options for me) on top you are looking at one pricy Octavia. Yes I am sure that it goes round the ring 10 seconds quicker but not sure it would get me up the m40 any quicker (he says trying to pursuade himself).

For me personally now they have "released" the above information, it's pretty much my spec anyway so it would have been a "cheaper" option.

I'm also trying to persuade myself that my choice is/was correct lol

For me personally now they have "released" the above information, it's pretty much my spec anyway so it would have been a "cheaper" option.

I'm also trying to persuade myself that my choice is/was correct lol

Well, if you have gone for that spec you are only missing 10 powers (debatable if measured powers on other threads are accurate) and the diff.

Don't know how you are funding it but reckon discounts will be harder to achieve and I reckon they'll exclude it from the 0% and £500 deposit contribution. So it will work out more.

And in another 3 years there probably will be a 280 version when the facelift or Mk4 is released.

I am now going to ignore this thread so I don't feel like I am missing out. Need to add to the pic thread as have collected my VRS. For the record the Moon White looks lovely in the flesh ;)

• Like 1

When did you order?

IIRC about 2 weeks ago. Personally I think if mine hadn't landed I'd be tempted to do the same.

But then again it depends on how you are buying it, for personal use then you'd probably not get the 0% finance deal.

Electric seats are standard in the 230 vrs model here in Finland.

No need to worry. :) Ride is good but firm. Actually with these 19" alloys car rides better over cobblestones than the old rs 2014 with 18" wheels.

Can I ask....does it have the bigger vented rear disc brakes as per the GTI PP or does it just get the bigger fronts as per the normal vRS?

Can I ask....does it have the bigger vented rear disc brakes as per the GTI PP or does it just get the bigger fronts as per the normal vRS?

the reviews say that it doesn't get the GTI PP brakes just the diff. HTH's

But who knows if that's correct :P

Even the standard VRS already gets the Golf PP front brakes, rears remain the same as standard on the 230 from what ive read though. 

Btw, theres 3k - 3.5k off the 230 already being offered on the usual broker sites... :)

IIRC about 2 weeks ago. Personally I think if mine hadn't landed I'd be tempted to do the same.

But then again it depends on how you are buying it, for personal use then you'd probably not get the 0% finance deal.

yep, but as it's a company car it's a little more complex, but i'm hopeful it can be swapped.

• Like 1

Yeah i wager it retains the same brake set up as standard vRS (PP fronts, regular solid rear) just be interesting to hear from the 230's owner if thats fact :-)

Same brakes as standard RS. Rear breaks look so small with the 19" wheels. :)

Edited by Devl

No - standard VRS has something VW calls XDS which brakes any wheelspin on a unloaded wheel. The electronic diff is more positive in that it effectively pushes torque to the outside. XDS is a bit unnatural feeling too - being an extension of ABS.

Edited by London Les
  • Like 2