230 Bhp Vrs

that's a very short lead time.  did you buy a car they already had in the pipeline?  can't see how you'd get a factory order turned around in 2 weeks..

The dealer had it coming in as a demo and offered it to me instead as they already had a VRS on demo.  Pickup Tomorrow at 10am

Got it!

Anyone else yet? Question though I thought it was meant to have smart link or applecarplay. Mine is saying it needs an activation code

Did you pay for the option? .  If you did, you should be able to access it, and need to get onto your dealer.  If not, you don't get to use it (although the symbol will be there on the Amundsen) as it was not activated at the factory.  It might be possible to buy the necessary code as an accessory at a later date although not yet.

PS Congrats on the new car.  Lets see some pics!

Got it!

Anyone else yet? Question though I thought it was meant to have smart link or applecarplay. Mine is saying it needs an activation code

Got it!

I've just been talking to Iain Robson re. a possible vRS230 order & he mentioned that he'd just sold one, it's probably you......

Hope you are pleased with it, & did it have a body-coloured spoiler?

Happy vRSing, DC.

I've just been talking to Iain Robson re. a possible vRS230 order & he mentioned that he'd just sold one, it's probably you......

Hope you are pleased with it, & did it have a body-coloured spoiler?

Happy vRSing, DC.

It was me! I got the one they ordered for a demonstrator!

Well here she is !  Over the moon with it.

Missing roof rails though and have been told that they should have been there and to await a bulletin from skoda about them ( mind you i like it without them to be honest ).  Dealer said i would be compensated? (Activate Smartlink for free my choice )

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Looks very nice do like the look of estate with out the roof rails enjoy

I was told it wouldn't have roof rails. Think it looks better without TBH. But that was a car coming in imminently so they may have been updated by then.

But what I don't get is the body coloured spoiler on the hatch.

Well here she is !  Over the moon with it.

Missing roof rails though and have been told that they should have been there and to await a bulletin from skoda about them ( mind you i like it without them to be honest ).  Dealer said i would be compensated? (Activate Smartlink for free my choice )

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Very nice :) more pics please!

I was told it wouldn't have roof rails. Think it looks better without TBH. But that was a car coming in imminently so they may have been updated by then.

The 230 brochure has pictures of the estates with roof rails and was told it would have them.

even in the video above it has them

Edited by ClemUK

It does look a bit more "sporty" without the rails but, I actually like the rails. Makes it a bit more of a sleeper car.

Still very nice indeed :)

Actually I think it's good if it doesn't come with the rails, makes it stand out from the normal model. I also think it should come with the black spoiler to set it apart.

Saw 2 VRS 230's today. Both at Crewe. They both looked amazing. One black one white. Black one was supposed to be mine :(

No 230 decals on either, as both where estates can't comment on the spoiler colour.

• Like 1

Saw 2 VRS 230's today. Both at Crewe. They both looked amazing. One black one white. Black one was supposed to be mine :(

No 230 decals on either, as both where estates can't comment on the spoiler colour.

Mate stop beating you self up.

I don't have a 230 but it as near as dammit looks like one. Was I a little bit miffed that Skoda ballsed the release so I didn't get one. Yes. Does it even cross my mind when I am in my VRS enjoying it. No. Do I miss the diff? No. My car still moves and drives well on the roads and for the driving I need. And it looks the dog's. And I have the extra dosh on my pocket.

You will enjoy your car when it arrives I promise!

Bet you still haven't seen a cupra st though.....that must make you want the st a little more?

PS

Nice car, but I don't think I couldn't live with those wheels, just too big & brash.

How much would a complete set of 18" wheels & tyres cost, probably a very expensive way to get the LSD.

Might be cheaper / easier to buy a Golf GTi with the performance pack instead?

DC 

Bet you still haven't seen a cupra st though.....that must make you want the st a little more?

I have and I've bought it haha! A week on Saturday I hope!

Mate stop beating you self up.

I don't have a 230 but it as near as dammit looks like one. Was I a little bit miffed that Skoda ballsed the release so I didn't get one. Yes. Does it even cross my mind when I am in my VRS enjoying it. No. Do I miss the diff? No. My car still moves and drives well on the roads and for the driving I need. And it looks the dog's. And I have the extra dosh on my pocket.

You will enjoy your car when it arrives I promise!

Not beating myself up :) It's the delay in the car I've ordered that started all this lol

Just paid the deposit on a Seat Cupra ST and collect in a week or so :)

Edited by MINIMadDamo