230 Bhp Vrs

Pick it up Saturday!

Really excited but still love the look of the VRS230.

If I win the lottery on Tuesday I'll buy a VRS230 and tune it to quicker than the Leon lol

I was in a similar boat but instead of the 230 my first love was the Golf R.....still love the look of the golf and the 4wd but Cupra has really grown on me and over the exclusivity of it.

Pick it up Saturday!

Really excited but still love the look of the VRS230.

If I win the lottery on Tuesday I'll buy a VRS230 and tune it to quicker than the Leon lol

I was set on getting the Cupra 290 but it turns out it is 1630EUR more expensive than the 280 for nothing else but an ECU software upgrade. This now makes my ideal spec RS230 approx 5000EUR cheaper than the Cupra290. The looks of the RS230 are stunning in all black and it can be chipped to over 300hp and I can get a brake upgrade later. I've emailed the dealer to ask if I can have the Cupra for the originally quoted price. If not it may have to be the RS230, which is a damn good car

I was set on getting the Cupra 290 but it turns out it is 1630EUR more expensive than the 280 for nothing else but an ECU software upgrade. This now makes my ideal spec RS230 approx 5000EUR cheaper than the Cupra290. The looks of the RS230 are stunning in all black and it can be chipped to over 300hp and I can get a brake upgrade later. I've emailed the dealer to ask if I can have the Cupra for the originally quoted price. If not it may have to be the RS230, which is a damn good car

If you believe the hype the 290 ecu upgrade is BS as current cars regularly dyno at 300+. On seatcupra.net there is a tuner who claims the ecu file is identical to that of a golf r which officially is 295.

However the 290 is supposed to have a revised sportier exhaust.

VRS230 is prettier though...

If you believe the hype the 290 ecu upgrade is BS as current cars regularly dyno at 300+. On seatcupra.net there is a tuner who claims the ecu file is identical to that of a golf r which officially is 295.

However the 290 is supposed to have a revised sportier exhaust.

VRS230 is prettier though...

The VRS230 is prettier, agreed! The Seat has some nice options though.  If the Octavia had the spec of a Leon I wouldn't hesitate for a second.  In fact, I reckon it would be an absolute bestseller.

Has anybody worked out what's changed over the standard vrs to get the sporty exhaust? Is it a full new box or just back boxes?

Its probably a Mk7 GTI backbox

• Like 1

The VRS230 is prettier, agreed! The Seat has some nice options though. If the Octavia had the spec of a Leon I wouldn't hesitate for a second. In fact, I reckon it would be an absolute bestseller.

The VRS230 is better speced that the Cupra 280. Assuming you discount the 50hp (70hp unofficial) and adjustable dampeners that aren't options on the VRS anyway.

Edited by MINIMadDamo

Picked up my 230 today... Beastly machine, haven't had a chance to really get to know it yet but what I have seen, I like!

4Za4Jd.jpg

fa5NT8.jpg

gkOtnu.jpg

Very very nice!!

• Like 1

Further to my thread about no roof rails on my RS230 i emailed SUK and my Dealer and got this back .  SUK replied quicker than my dealer who have still yet to reply i hasten to add.

The specifications on our website are for information purposes only. Due to the ever-changing nature of the information we receive from the factory, it is not possible to provide exact specifications for the vehicles shown. However, our Network of Approved Skoda Retailers is regularly updated with specification changes and model data from the Czech Republic. Our website advises customers to check availability and specification details with an Approved Retailer before committing to an order for the reasons stated above.

The fact that all other RS230 Estates i have seen have the rails it must be a factory C*&K up .  Do i have cause for a official complaint or compensation?

I also asked about the Smartlink as my car was already built and as a demonstrator for the dealership and sat in Grimsby (Before i bought it) and the headunit says to get a code from dealer

The Smartlink cannot be retro fit, the Factory are unable to confirm if a retrofit solution will be available at this stage.

The car looks better without the rails....Id consider it a lucky coincidence.

You'll in time be able to to get smartlink activated by the dealer as a dealer accessory....the headunit is capable just not activated.

The Mk7 Golfs dont come with voice control and its the same story.....though VC is pants on these things so Id sure as **** wouldnt be paying for that.

Further to my thread about no roof rails on my RS230 i emailed SUK and my Dealer and got this back .  SUK replied quicker than my dealer who have still yet to reply i hasten to add.

The specifications on our website are for information purposes only. Due to the ever-changing nature of the information we receive from the factory, it is not possible to provide exact specifications for the vehicles shown. However, our Network of Approved Skoda Retailers is regularly updated with specification changes and model data from the Czech Republic. Our website advises customers to check availability and specification details with an Approved Retailer before committing to an order for the reasons stated above.

The fact that all other RS230 Estates i have seen have the rails it must be a factory C*&K up .  Do i have cause for a official complaint or compensation?

I also asked about the Smartlink as my car was already built and as a demonstrator for the dealership and sat in Grimsby (Before i bought it) and the headunit says to get a code from dealer

The Smartlink cannot be retro fit, the Factory are unable to confirm if a retrofit solution will be available at this stage.

The 4 VRS 230 Estates I've seen (2 in person and 2 on Autotrader) have not had Roof Rails.

It maybe just the UK Spec VRS230.

I knew the decals and red piping reminded me of something...

va09806_1.jpg

20 years and another 100 brake! That was Corgi who came to photograph my actual 130..

Anyway, back on topic. I think the 230 looks stunning!

• Like 2

Just checked to see how much the roof rails option is, and every UK spec Skoda has them, odd.

Have to say VW have some really odd things going on across VAG...

E.g. You can't spec Auto dimming exterior mirrors on Seats Leon.

You can get 0% Finance on the more expensive Seat Leon Cupra 280 and 290's now, but can;t on the cheaper Skoda VRS 230.

The Seat Cupra ST doesn't allow you to spec the cargo net that lifts up between the rear boot and Cabin. You'd think the fastest of the estates would need it most!

Skoda UK offering very little info on the VRS230 to even their dealers so they don;t even know WTF is going on.

Interesting what you say about the roof rails fitted, as I was in my local dealers last week and they had just taken delivery of two 230's, one hatch and one combi, and the combi didn't have roof rails.

Seems to me it depends on who builds the car decides whether it gets rails or not!

Further to my thread about no roof rails on my RS230 i emailed SUK and my Dealer and got this back: 

.. it must be a factory C*&K up . 

Refreshing honesty from S-UK?! Edited by rob_e

is it a manual or DSG?

Hi Mikerajjers, late reply - been on hols for the week. It's a DSG. Swiss spec (Columbus, DAB, Maxidot, smartlink etc) with panorama sunroof, KEESY, reversing camera, interior lights & ACC. Was on the showroom floor so no choice on options as I would have upgraded the sound system and added some other features. Just have to get some winter alloys / tyres now and the official ones here are 6J (have to be able to fit chains on them). Sort of limits the options.

Hi Mikerajjers, late reply - been on hols for the week. It's a DSG. Swiss spec (Columbus, DAB, Maxidot, smartlink etc) with panorama sunroof, KEESY, reversing camera, interior lights & ACC. Was on the showroom floor so no choice on options as I would have upgraded the sound system and added some other features. Just have to get some winter alloys / tyres now and the official ones here are 6J (have to be able to fit chains on them). Sort of limits the options.

Very nice spec!  I'm going for DSG as well I think.  Wanted a manual but after having tried it I like it a lot.

I'm also getting mine fitted with an anti-theft device as we've already had a Fabia stolen a couple of years back.  Its from a small Slovak company and in 14 years they've been selling the system not a single car with it has been stolen.

I'm also getting mine fitted with an anti-theft device as we've already had a Fabia stolen a couple of years back.  Its from a small Slovak company and in 14 years they've been selling the system not a single car with it has been stolen.

Tell me more????

Finally... the UK configurator has the 230 vRS showing up.

No mention of leather seats, although the magazines said that was standard. Interestingly it shows roof bars on the pic, and lists them as stardard spec. Looks like the UK cars delivered without must have been a build error?

Tell me more????

This is there website, but it is only in Slovak as they are the only workshop to fit it...hence why it is supposedly so good.

The very basic idea of how it works is that the box is connected to 6 electronics systems in the car, but there is no way for the potential thief to know which (and each car is fitted with a unique combination which is not written down, kept on a database or otherwise recorded.  No diagnostic system can reveal which 6 are connected/disabled.  The only way to steal the car is to load it onto a transporter or otherwise spend 4 hours dismantling the system...not really time a thief has.

http://www.autoalarm-vamos.sk

Finally... the UK configurator has the 230 vRS showing up.

No mention of leather seats, although the magazines said that was standard. Interestingly it shows roof bars on the pic, and lists them as stardard spec. Looks like the UK cars delivered without must have been a build error?

So SUK rang me today about my email regarding the Missing Roof Bars.

They said that they were an option in the VRS brochure, and i stated that they needed to check the VRS230 brochure.  He then asked what date my brochure was (Sept 15) as my car was built in June an he would have to check the earlier brochure(interesting if he can find it) to make sure they were listed like they are in the Sept issue.

I now wait for an answer on the 14th when he is phone back with an answer about them. Then we will see what they will do about it if they will compensate me ? lol.  I dont want them on as i like it without but that is not the point as theymay have a build error and see what they will do.