Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Im free this weekend, but I think its raining Saturday but going to spruce up Sarahs for test drives , first weekend off since mid August ! ,Id post pics up but clean it every day Im off so would need 4 pages just for me, and those that know me, know its always clean!  :angel:

• Like 2

Im free this weekend, but I think its raining Saturday but going to spruce up Sarahs for test drives , first weekend off since mid August ! 

Yeah I know mate - the work shifts have not been kind to you.

Still - at least you have a free weekend now, some beer, some whisky, car test drives and F1 as well!

Catch you later for a chat and some planning :happy:  ;)  :thumbup:

• Like 2

Hey Ben, I've had a look through. Which one would be similar to S17+ or Menz PF please buddy? Also best place to buy? Thanks mate, appreciate the info.

Sorry for the late reply mate. As above places to buy, i use ShopNShine or Slims for Koch Chemie stuff.

You would probably be looking at F5.01 which is the yellow bottle. Unfortunately they don't do that in 250ml bottles just 1L.

I have the M2.01 (purple) and H7.01 (red) and i have used these half and half on a pad to reduce the cut of the H7 and make it more of a medium polish if that makes sense? works well for me.

• Like 2

Thanks Ben. I've just got through 1l of Menz PF after about 4 years so was going to go for 250ml of polish. I'll weigh up my options in the spring.

Cleaned the Superb today as she was looking sorry for herself.

20151023_125339_zpsjaw30j79.jpg

Once cleaned and dried, I thought I'd pop a layer of Prima HydroMax spray sealant on. The spray bottle is awesome. One spritz on the bonnet covered easily a third in tiny droplets of the product. I tried to capture it on this photo.

20151023_144633_zps01h9p1bw.jpg

And buffed off to a lovely deep finish.

20151023_150850_zps4abvjmil.jpg

Made my way around the rest of the car in about 5 mins and she's all clean again!

20151023_150857_zpsupnudjaz.jpg

20151023_150928_zpsgcypauay.jpg

20151023_150915_zpsllokscsr.jpg

Jobs a good un!

• Like 2

Good work Neil..You really know your stuff

Had an afternoon cleaning the DS4 too

Have you tried ArtDeShine NGPS?

If you have, how does this compare to HydroMax??

Just used it on the DS4..amazing slick feel and reflections

2015-10-23%2016.32.44_zps4ak36iam.jpg

2015-10-23%2016.33.07_zpsp4kqdzzq.jpg

Thanks Ben. I've just got through 1l of Menz PF after about 4 years so was going to go for 250ml of polish. I'll weigh up my options in the spring.

Cleaned the Superb today as she was looking sorry for herself.

20151023_125339_zpsjaw30j79.jpg

Once cleaned and dried, I thought I'd pop a layer of Prima HydroMax spray sealant on. The spray bottle is awesome. One spritz on the bonnet covered easily a third in tiny droplets of the product. I tried to capture it on this photo.

20151023_144633_zps01h9p1bw.jpg

And buffed off to a lovely deep finish.

20151023_150850_zps4abvjmil.jpg

Made my way around the rest of the car in about 5 mins and she's all clean again!

20151023_150857_zpsupnudjaz.jpg

20151023_150928_zpsgcypauay.jpg

20151023_150915_zpsllokscsr.jpg

Jobs a good un!

Very nice indeed Neil - top job. Always a a pleasure to read your detailing write-ups  :yes:

The superb looks amazing.... great gloss levels and reflections int he pics.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply mate. As above places to buy, i use ShopNShine or Slims for Koch Chemie stuff.

You would probably be looking at F5.01 which is the yellow bottle. Unfortunately they don't do that in 250ml bottles just 1L.

I have the M2.01 (purple) and H7.01 (red) and i have used these half and half on a pad to reduce the cut of the H7 and make it more of a medium polish if that makes sense? works well for me.

Interesting stuff Ben - thanks for the info on the KC range and possible mix options.

Very interesting to read this  :thumbup:

Very nice indeed Neil - top job. Always a a pleasure to read your detailing write-ups  :yes:

The superb looks amazing.... great gloss levels and reflections int he pics.  :thumbup:

Thanks Ste. Appreciate the kind words bud. She came up well. Really like HydroMax. I feel a comparison with BSD is due on the focus.

• Like 1

Thanks Ste. Appreciate the kind words bud. She came up well. Really like HydroMax. I feel a comparison with BSD is due on the focus.

Cool - looking forward to the comparison when you get round to it;

i've been very impressed with your previous comparative setups.

Pretty fair overall and always well written and photographed to back it up!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Cool - looking forward to the comparison when you get round to it;

i've been very impressed with your previous comparative setups.

Pretty fair overall and always well written and photographed to back it up!  :thumbup:

Thanks Ste, nice of you to say buddy. There are always plus' and minus' to all products, but the photos always help and don't generally lie unless you want them to. Just want to keep it positive and neutral. Most products do a good job, but some are better than others. It's all subjective of course; one mans rubbish is another mans treasure.

How do you intend to do the comparison?

Half and half a bonnet is one Ive used successfully in the past when comparing waxes and sealants

I'll do half the car again Chris. That way the hard hit areas will really test the products. You should post some of those tests Chris. Always good to get positive opinions and comparisons on products.

• Like 1

I did. But nobody is really interested in them Neil

Have you seen how many people contribute in this section of the forum?.....3 consistently and one that ignores me completely....So utterly childish inst it?

I seriously think that its a waste of time these days

The cleaning section is becoming an extension of Detailing World ...not a good thing.....and sometimes a hotel room is needed such is the level of 'compliments'...So sick making!!

Anyway....Nuff said..Rant over

Ill dig out some pictures if I can find them

...I also have some decontamination comparisons with Product v APC

On the Left....AB Waxoff.....On the Right.....APC

2014-01-19112907_zps1fcaf376.jpg

Regards

Chris

• Like 2

Well, I personally feel we are blessed on here with a great community all round. It's a shame you feel like that mate, but one person cannot make the rules for others to follow; the people make the community, that way it stays democratic than autocratic.

Stick with it buddy, you help a lot of people on here which is awesome. If something doesn't please you, leave it alone and just keep your chin up bud. I certainly wouldn't say there are any egos on here like DW, just people wanting to share their experiences with products with like minded people and save guys new to this area a few quid and give them food for thought.

Hope it turns a corner for you buddy.

• Like 2

Great post Neil. I've been detailing since 2008, but the best thing is, I always learn something from your posts, and they remind me of something that I should be doing. Like I said, great community. Keep the posts coming buddy. I thoroughly enjoy them and if any of us can help, then that is ace. There is room for every aspect of car cleaning on here; no one looks down on anyone and there are some really good discussions on here. I've been corrected on best practice many times and appreciate it when someone puts me on the right track.

• Like 2

Cheers. Not had time to do much recently, nor read/post....Something to do with a 6 week old girl...she's laying on me and I type as awind/cuddle! I've not gone away though and something interesting to read at 3am with a grippy baby helps remind me of normality!

• Like 2

The cleaning section is becoming an extension of Detailing World ...not a good thing.....and sometimes a hotel room is needed such is the level of 'compliments'...So sick making!!

Regards

Chris

Could not agree more.

The constant `back slapping` is a right turn off.

I continue to try to learn as much as I can so I'm going to stick with it.

• Like 1

Cheers. Not had time to do much recently, nor read/post....Something to do with a 6 week old girl...she's laying on me and I type as awind/cuddle! I've not gone away though and something interesting to read at 3am with a grippy baby helps remind me of normality!

Awesome mate. Enjoy her. They're hard work but the satisfaction is out of this world. Mine are 5 and 6 now, but they have me wrapped around their little fingers!

Could not agree more.

The constant `back slapping` is a right turn off.

I continue to try to learn as much as I can so I'm going to stick with it.

That's a real shame, but glad you're sticking with it. I cannot see why people thanking one another for sharing thoughts is a turn off, but each to their own. Edited by Hunty278
  • Like 1

This is part of the problem Mike..Not just seen by me...LOL

I get many PM's asking for advice because of the OTT posts and back slapping by others in the threads

Seriously...Its like a Facebook love in at times.

Its killing the Section.

I'm trying to be constructive and invite all those that have an interest in this Section to come forward and air your views

I fear that nothing will change and it will continue to be place for 3 people to the exclusion of others

@Samuir1974...Steve...Stop ignoring me, lets work together in this section and help others together

Thanks

• Like 2

I would never say anyone excludes a single person on here.

How many PMs have you had of people complaining about the positive posting and "back slapping" Chris? If you quantify the claim and substantiate it then we can go from there.