Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

After the RS3 was done.... the .:R36 was treated to some Definitive Ostendo Glaze....

3875_10206624380302861_63111798390245700

10336706_10206624380142857_9116357025421

12342587_10206624379262835_1437895697764

10436697_10206624377542792_7357404410874

12391083_10206624379022829_5627752685890

1915699_10206624380462865_15653928822943

11214204_10206624375582743_1069257211416

1931003_10206624376102756_67718407454214

Wow ste nice cars on the driveway. And yes the samples were awesome many thanks mate

Outstanding Ste, absolutely outstanding!!! They both look unbelievable!

• Like 1

So I washed the car (Have used the same pictures in my project thread) think it came out ok!

IMG_0078.jpg

Used a car shampoo that I had from a car cleaning kit (Scotts) then used Meguirs detailing spray and finished with Simoniz Wax, didn't think it came out to badly though,

Beading was nice after the rain today

_20160103_193038%20446052.jpg

• Like 3

So I washed the car (Have used the same pictures in my project thread) think it came out ok!

IMG_0078.jpg

Used a car shampoo that I had from a car cleaning kit (Scotts) then used Meguirs detailing spray and finished with Simoniz Wax, didn't think it came out to badly though,

Beading was nice after the rain today

_20160103_193038%20446052.jpg

Very nice, buddy. I really like those 5 series, too. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments guys, it is a lovely shape and makes me smile every time I drive it. Need to get some new detailing kit for the car though as it being black and living where I live it does tend to look like the pictures for about an hour then becomes a mud caked old BMW!

• Like 2

I feel your pain on that front. Black car in the middle of a huge farming county equals constantly dirty car in winter and covered in dust in the summer.

Very much so, just been doing some research into detailing shops and found this is just up the road from, time to spend Christmas Money: http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/

• Like 2

So today I managed to give the car a clean today using some of my recent purchases.

First up was the fireball Korea snowfoam which I used 50ml to 500ml of water, this allowed ne to go round the car twice, nice hick foam and cleaned well to, defo impressed with this.

DSC_1090_zpsh90jy6u2.jpg

DSC_1089_zpsxszgp8t7.jpg

I then rinsed off 2bm wash, rinse etc etc, I then got to use the fireball premium drying towel and all I will say is if you don't have one buy one, really is awesome soaks up the water effortlessly. After going round the car with tar and glue and a clay I used britemax black max polish for the first time on a finishing pad on my das6 pro, this is defo keeper for ne really good product to use and will be buying more of it when I finish.

Anyways on to the product I been most looking forward to using which is the obsession wax phantom applying via a auto perfection wax puck which I enjoyed no hand cramps etc. I followed the guide I read on here about damping the wax applicator and begin to apply, it spread really well and the smell was lovely. I left it to dry for about half hour to clean the glass using autofinesse vision and tyres using autofinesse satin, I was using a plush mf to remove the wax but tbh it was on the grabby side and I didn't want to get a qd out to assist, which I was a little disappointed about really. In the end I used a shorter pile mf which then buffed off fairly easy, I'm putting this down to the weather here in Essex today as it was on the cold side only about 4-5c so maybe that played a part but by no means a bad wax because once buffed off the depth in shine and gloss was something else.

Here a few pictures of the finished product excuse my pictures they not the best but you get the idea.

Cheers.

DSC_1096_zpsapaf4hfa.jpg

DSC_1093_zps3ctydnoj.jpg

DSC_1091_zpshfvojncl.jpg

DSC_1092_zpsmewk55hs.jpg

DSC_1094_zpspe1zr5xi.jpg

DSC_1095_zps9fbjtf8o.jpg

• Like 1

So today I managed to give the car a clean today using some of my recent purchases.

First up was the fireball Korea snowfoam which I used 50ml to 500ml of water, this allowed ne to go round the car twice, nice hick foam and cleaned well to, defo impressed with this.

DSC_1090_zpsh90jy6u2.jpg

DSC_1089_zpsxszgp8t7.jpg

I then rinsed off 2bm wash, rinse etc etc, I then got to use the fireball premium drying towel and all I will say is if you don't have one buy one, really is awesome soaks up the water effortlessly. After going round the car with tar and glue and a clay I used britemax black max polish for the first time on a finishing pad on my das6 pro, this is defo keeper for ne really good product to use and will be buying more of it when I finish.

Anyways on to the product I been most looking forward to using which is the obsession wax phantom applying via a auto perfection wax puck which I enjoyed no hand cramps etc. I followed the guide I read on here about damping the wax applicator and begin to apply, it spread really well and the smell was lovely. I left it to dry for about half hour to clean the glass using autofinesse vision and tyres using autofinesse satin, I was using a plush mf to remove the wax but tbh it was on the grabby side and I didn't want to get a qd out to assist, which I was a little disappointed about really. In the end I used a shorter pile mf which then buffed off fairly easy, I'm putting this down to the weather here in Essex today as it was on the cold side only about 4-5c so maybe that played a part but by no means a bad wax because once buffed off the depth in shine and gloss was something else.

Here a few pictures of the finished product excuse my pictures they not the best but you get the idea.

Cheers.

DSC_1096_zpsapaf4hfa.jpg

DSC_1093_zps3ctydnoj.jpg

DSC_1091_zpshfvojncl.jpg

DSC_1092_zpsmewk55hs.jpg

DSC_1094_zpspe1zr5xi.jpg

DSC_1095_zps9fbjtf8o.jpg

Awesome Sean. Thanks for the info on the fireball products. It foamed extremely well for 50ml of product!! Looks like a no brainer!!!

Re the wax; I found it grabby on removal. I think it's a small negative with a lovely wax. I was disappointed initially as I thought it was doing to be an absolute breeze to remove. It isn't difficult, and from what I have read, if you do say half a car then remove it is less grabby.

The photos show an excellent finish though, buddy. It has a real 'Wow' factor on, what is to me, a really special car!

Thanks again for sharing mate!!!

• Like 1

DSC_1090_zpsh90jy6u2.jpg

DSC_1089_zpsxszgp8t7.jpg

Cheers.

DSC_1096_zpsapaf4hfa.jpg

DSC_1093_zps3ctydnoj.jpg

DSC_1091_zpshfvojncl.jpg

DSC_1092_zpsmewk55hs.jpg

DSC_1094_zpspe1zr5xi.jpg

DSC_1095_zps9fbjtf8o.jpg

Cracking job Sean, looks mint!

Thanks for the write up on the products. One I certainly be looking into!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great job

The Mk1SE looks immaculate :clap:

Cheers Chris I not had the car that long had a mk2 fabia vrs before this and always wanted a clean low mileage se and found it.

I do Try keep on top of the cleaning side of it.

• Like 1

Awesome Sean. Thanks for the info on the fireball products. It foamed extremely well for 50ml of product!! Looks like a no brainer!!!

Re the wax; I found it grabby on removal. I think it's a small negative with a lovely wax. I was disappointed initially as I thought it was doing to be an absolute breeze to remove. It isn't difficult, and from what I have read, if you do say half a car then remove it is less grabby.

The photos show an excellent finish though, buddy. It has a real 'Wow' factor on, what is to me, a really special car!

Thanks again for sharing mate!!!

Cheers pal the fireball is a defo one to try. And regards to the wax I had the same thoughts as to it would buff off easy, but what I may try is a couple panels at a time next and see how it goes as it does leave a lovely finish. And also maybe when the weather gets a little warmer.

• Like 2