Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Since there are non-skodas in here too I will post mine :)

Recently gave mine a good going over. First proper wash of the spring.

It was a pretty quick one. Good wash and tar removal. Went over a couple of spots by hand (someone had lightly caught my front bumper at some point) then used Meguirs tech was 2.0 and poor boys sealant.

Also did the black trims with autoglym bumper gel. Polished up the exhausts with some metal polish.

20170327_105123_zpsh0kbnlvr.jpg

20170327_105202_zpsjcgvk7s2.jpg

20170327_104826_zps9jx7el99.jpg

20170327_104841_zpstzwrqpvi.jpg

20170327_105146_zpsqigdentj.jpg

Got some meguirs Plast-x to give the front and rear lights a quick once over as they're just ever so slightly cloudy (can probably see in the pictures).

Edited by Phil-E
  • Like 3

Looks good Phil.

Something I've not noticed on 9-3s before, is that you have a shark-fin aerial AND a standard aerial? Bit daft they didn't manage to combine the two into one!

Ha. Yes it is odd. The whip aerial is AM/FM and the shark is GSM/GPS.

I'm looking to replace the fin with a DAB one.

Even cars without GPS/phone still have the aerial but it's just an empty dummy one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Coops said:

Thought I'd add to this and something a bit different.

Road bike was looking a little grubby and decided to use my Gtechniq products to smarten it up.

P1 polish on the rims

T1 trim on the tyres

C2v3 on the frame

Elbow Grease degreaser used on the bar tape (this was quite marked up but brought it up a treat)

Looking fresh!!

I've paid for my car to be professionally valeted now 4 times since I bought it in July 2015 and not once have any of them touched the exhaust pipes ... I gave them a soak in wheel cleaner and a few minutes with metal polish and whilst far from perfect they certainly look a lot better, I do this every time I wash the car 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Gave the car a wash today seeing as it was a nice day ... 

Pre rinsed it with the K2 on low setting then snow foamed with the Karcher gun, piece of crap and used a whole bottle to do one side of the car so had to compromise with using some shampoo... Seriously need to look at a decent gun now.

I've run out of my Autoglym shampoo so used some Tesco stuff I'd in the garage using a lambswool mitt, the black bucket is my wash, orange my rinse and green for the wheels, I've not yet manage to con the Mrs into me getting some proper buckets and grit guards but it's better than using one and a sponge I guess ... Rinsed car off and dried her with some Kent microfibre drying towels and gave her a quick coat of some Armorall Speed Wax to try it out ... Still the windows to do although to be fair they're really streak fee after drying with the towels.... She scrubs up nice for a 10 year old motor 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice work @labman1001 good to see you have a pressure washer now :thumbup: you must find it a lot better & easier to clean the car B) the snow foam bottle that comes with the Karcher is crap, you be better of with one of these

http://www.saverschoiceuk.com/automotive/washing-and-drying/snow-foam-lance-premium-quality-with-full-brass-internals-various-fittings.html

• Like 1

Hi Batvanvrs,

Oh yes it makes an enormous difference with the power washer but I do totally agree about the supplied snow foam gun being crap as I couldn't believe how much it used and how little of the car I'd covered.

Do you use this gun yourself at all as a personal recommendation is always appreciated as an eBay or Amazon search returns so many results and varying prices it's an absolute nightmare to pick a decent one .... I'd been looking at an Autobright gun with a bottle of snowfoam, I'd heard so many good things about their products, but it's coming in at twice this price.

8 minutes ago, labman1001 said:

Hi Batvanvrs,

Oh yes it makes an enormous difference with the power washer but I do totally agree about the supplied snow foam gun being crap as I couldn't believe how much it used and how little of the car I'd covered.

Do you use this gun yourself at all as a personal recommendation is always appreciated as an eBay or Amazon search returns so many results and varying prices it's an absolute nightmare to pick a decent one .... I'd been looking at an Autobright gun with a bottle of snowfoam, I'd heard so many good things about their products, but it's coming in at twice this price.

Yes mate I use the exact same snow foam gun that I linked, been using it for years now & touch wood, it's never let me down B) from time to time I do give it a blast out with water just so none of the foam stays within the brass joints etc...But it has always worked faultlessly if I'm honest & for the price it's just as good as any other snow foam gun out in the market :thumbup:

Edit:

If you do decide to buy the snow foam gun, make sure to select Karcher K-series attachment, it's an extra £1.00 (Total £17.95)

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, labman1001 said:

Hi Batvanvrs,

Just reserve judgement on the Karcher snow foam gun. I bought one of these, https://www.kaercher.com/uk/accessory/foam-nozzle-connect-n-clean-fj10-c-ultra-foam-cleaner-1l-26431430.html#CeDgpp3ouBCi2Kwh.97 I didn't know it came with the snow foam. I wanted a pH neutral foam, this isn't, however, the foam that it made was really good and thick and really cleaned seven days of Devon crud off the car. I haven't yet tried it with a different foam but as soon as I do, I'll let you know. I tried it with some Tesco melon and summat or other, neat car shampoo to see if it foamed. It didn't.

Hi Bignij,

That gun isn't the one supplied as standard with the Karcher, of at least not the K2, mines is very basic with no mixture control on the top and only the front adjusts to change the foam lay down from horizontal to vertical ... I've heard this ones ok but at that price there's hundreds out there cheaper 

1 hour ago, labman1001 said:

Hi Bignij,

That gun isn't the one supplied as standard with the Karcher, of at least not the K2, mines is very basic with no mixture control on the top and only the front adjusts to change the foam lay down from horizontal to vertical ... I've heard this ones ok but at that price there's hundreds out there cheaper 

It's £13.49 from Wickes. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bignij said:

It's £13.49 from Wickes. :)

Does it still run through the bottle Bignij like there's no tomorrow though ... Aftermarket guns tend to come with a 1 litre bottle with a mixture of roughly 100ml snow foam to 900ml water and I've seen videos where they use maybe 200-300ml of this to foam an entire car... 

13 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Nice work @labman1001 :thumbup:  Glad to see you finally got yourself a pressure washer 

Thanks penguin17...I was treated to it by my wife and sons for a combined Father's Day and early 60th birthday gift ...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, labman1001 said:

Does it still run through the bottle Bignij like there's no tomorrow though ... Aftermarket guns tend to come with a 1 litre bottle with a mixture of roughly 100ml snow foam to 900ml water and I've seen videos where they use maybe 200-300ml of this to foam an entire car... 

When I did mine, it's a fairly big one (ooooerrr missus :kiss:), it used about 3/4 of the bottle. It was a good, thick foam. As I mentioned before I haven't tried it with a different snow foam. As soon as I do I'll let you know, but the stuff supplied with it was pretty good.

• Like 1

On 13 July 2017 at 18:28, Bignij said:

Just reserve judgement on the Karcher snow foam gun. I bought one of these, https://www.kaercher.com/uk/accessory/foam-nozzle-connect-n-clean-fj10-c-ultra-foam-cleaner-1l-26431430.html#CeDgpp3ouBCi2Kwh.97 I didn't know it came with the snow foam. I wanted a pH neutral foam, this isn't, however, the foam that it made was really good and thick and really cleaned seven days of Devon crud off the car. I haven't yet tried it with a different foam but as soon as I do, I'll let you know. I tried it with some Tesco melon and summat or other, neat car shampoo to see if it foamed. It didn't.

That one is just a general Karcher foaming gun. A proper unit as used for car cleaning can be found from £20+ on eBay, etc...