Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a chance to do the Yeti today, it's been weeks! 

Started of with a citrus pre wash, followed by Cartec Iron Wash, then Chemical Guys stripper suds shampoo. 

Polished with Black Sheep's polish, using a hex foam applicator, topped off with AG EGP and The Winning Touch QD. 

Windows were done with Buff It's glass cleaner and trim was Zest Dressed by er... Tdg I think. 

Wheels were AG custom wheel cleaner, alloy wheel protector and I used AG tyre dressing on the tyre walls. 

Anyway, I had my daughter helping me, I don't think she's done too badly considering she's not even two years old yet... Teach 'em young, right? 

Adam

IMG_20180915_155633-01.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Meguiars Ultimate Wheel cleaner, Auto Finesse Avalanche, Meguiars Gold Class all on top of a 3 month old coat of Fusso Dark.

Mrs Cakemonster wonders what happened to me, I used to be a sponge and cheapo shampoo guy.... (or even a drive though.. )

DSC_0363.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd give the car a quick wash yesterday before the predicted freeze made it impossible for the foreseeable future. 

This was the state of the water I'd put in the birdbath at the start of washing the vehicle to when I finished approximately 90 minutes later. Hence why I fill my Wash and Rinse buckets with hot water during the colder months. 

Screenshot_20190119-170034_Gallery.jpg

• 1 month later...

A nice clear morning meant the Fabia could get a solid wash before it gets sold to make room for the new Skoda...

CYC Snow Foam, Hydro2 Sealant, Natty’s Paste Wax to finish

6E41CAA5-4EF3-4C1A-92D0-51327A3A9306.thumb.jpeg.6efd8e2a5f1e30a3f61ed90e384dc86b.jpeg

D4E7BBCD-A61C-4256-B9DD-E9A81F88049E.jpeg

Edited by Niyx
  • Like 2

@BriskodaJeff this was the state of the engine approximately 10 days after its last clean.

I've used the car pretty much every day on both long and short journeys, in all weather's and types of road. So the routine as described in the posted video is pretty durable. I merely had to give it a once over with the hoover, and a quick spray of AG Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner. 

20190301_150229.jpg

12 minutes ago, Fin69 said:

@BriskodaJeff this was the state of the engine approximately 10 days after its last clean.

I've used the car pretty much every day on both long and short journeys, in all weather's and types of road. So the routine as described in the posted video is pretty durable. I merely had to give it a once over with the hoover, and a quick spray of AG Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner. 

20190301_150229.jpg

Cheers @Fin69.That looks fantastic. Will try your method in about 4 weeks and get some pics up. If it looks like yours I will be well pleased!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fin69 said:

20190301_150229.jpg

Oooh, nice and clean. I also use AG Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner on mine. 

The results of Mondays wash. I did wash it on Saturday also but it got real messy again and I just couldn't leave it that way... YOOhRF1.jpg

Edited by DJG1984

She has been rained on since the wash and Wax (Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax, topped with Sonax BSD ultra, and driven on 20 miles of country roads to the photo spot, Then the sun refused to come out and highlight my metallic sparkles but:

h7qVxZ5.jpg

CYQtfkd.jpg

YzImIDG.jpg

prTVx1b.jpg

• Like 3

Almost lol.

Its "Pantera Metal" not too dissimilar to the Skoda "Black Magic" but slightly greyer. think a dark Gunmetal.

When the sun hits it, there is a lot of metalflake in the paint, but the sun wasn't out to play when I took the pics !

This gives a better colour indication … on my monitor at least !

H0ROMUf.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Grump said:

Almost lol.

Its "Pantera Metal" not too dissimilar to the Skoda "Black Magic" but slightly greyer. think a dark Gunmetal.

When the sun hits it, there is a lot of metalflake in the paint, but the sun wasn't out to play when I took the pics !

This gives a better colour indication … on my monitor at least !

H0ROMUf.jpg

Not too unlike Škodas quartz grey, a little darker maybe. 

Edited by DJG1984

• 2 weeks later...

Give my partners 10 plate Yaris the once over today. Less than 50k on the clock, a few rattles from trim but still drives like almost new. Cleaned with 2 buckets and hose with Autoglym UHD shampoo, Sonax BSD, Autofinesse Crystal glass cleaner, Bilberry wheel cleaner, and AG tyre dressing. Hoovered and Autofinesse Spritz on the interior trim. Nice couple of hours cleaning.  

641315E7-CB10-4E92-B45A-BB8614A6EF76.jpeg

25E23A4C-06F3-4A24-BC51-C337FE0FFD5A.jpeg

• Like 2