Recently Cleaned Thread

Coops

Yes @Mr Grump you’re right about the wheels. Next time I have the professional in I’m going to get him to take the wheels off and clean them thoroughly. They look good from a distance but if you look very closely on the inside rim they’re a bit grubby...then again, it’s not a concours Queen so doesn’t bug me too much.

thanks for your comment re colour. It wasn’t my first choice but it was Swmbo first choice....but I was happy to go with it as it is timeless. I fancied another green called Willow Green (a bit like a light olive green) with maroon leather. No regrets though!

Looks lovely.

Yep, wheels a definite candidate for getting some sealant on when they come off for a full clean. So less stuff will stick :thumbup:

• Like 1

Sorry to be posting again, but having spotted a more interesting backdrop for car pics a few weeks back, I couldn't resist ! 

I gave the car a quick wash and dry on Saturday, (no Waxing products since last wash 5 weeks ago) and took some pics today:

As usual, click on pics for larger version :)

yNcihDK.jpg

y5v0dDb.jpg

nrWu9ro.jpg

J3FPXMY.jpg

1DF4U2j.jpg

NmbkqUT.jpg

m5ZCEQF.jpg

Edited by Mr Grump
  • Like 3

On 10/04/2019 at 22:22, Vrsboi said:

Heres some autobrite direct magifoam, my car washing chaos has caused some curtain twitching

C95F595A-3637-4A16-B540-4C47E650A2DC.jpeg

E0D6CEC2-CE86-4529-8B00-6BD5494447BF.jpeg

A356AC13-9E2D-4D63-A815-3F7691691ED7.jpeg

Nice and thick! What dilution ratio did you use?

On 22/06/2019 at 16:12, FatWolfie said:

Although non Skoda, I am so pleased with how well my Sunday toy came up today that I had to share it!

Car was originally prepped by the guy who did my Superb, so all I do for the next few months is maintain it.

never seen it so shiny!

Picture 1 is the passenger door panel, looking like a mirror😃

Picture 4 is the front wing with light on it to show (lack of) swirling.

Happy chap, now enjoying a well earned cup of coffee

16DB5616-1DB1-4518-BBD1-5D8A806ECC23.jpeg

6C45908A-805B-48D2-91F8-C9BA165619F8.jpeg

A6A8C593-F744-44AF-BCD0-E5C9D1EBFFF1.jpeg

0DCA047F-5F81-40C1-84B9-9AD21D6F6B37.jpeg

D468B0C2-4320-4BB6-A9B3-A06D31D3A669.jpeg

Better than when it left Malvern :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

As good as I found Bilt Hambers Autofoam to be, I just didn't get that satisfying nice thick gloopy snow foam you tend to see in car cleaning adverts and videos. 

No such issue with the stuff I use now (EZ Car Care Arctic Meltdown). This was after it was allowed to dwell whilst I used the Karcher Under Chassis Cleaner and cleaned the wheel arches.

Ratio is approx 100ml of snow foam to 900ml of water which will normally give about 4 applications. I normally empty any remaining ready mixed  snowfoam into a spare bottle and when it's full use that on the next wash, as it's measured its at the same consistency. . 

I still use the BH as a summer quick spritz to remove pollen and so on. 

20181211_143555.jpg

I think I'm on my fourth different snow foam (the last being Bilt Hamber) and I can't get it as thick as I want it to.

I'm using a proper snow foam lance too.

I'll have to try the EZ Car Care Arctic Meltdown next!

10 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I think I'm on my fourth different snow foam (the last being Bilt Hamber) and I can't get it as thick as I want it to.

I'm using a proper snow foam lance too.

I'll have to try the EZ Car Care Arctic Meltdown next!

They nearly always have offers on, otherwise its quite expensive compared to the BH Autofoam.

They were running an upto  50% off promo in June so I got 5l for £24 instead of £45.

If you're in no rush, keep an eye out on here and I'll post any offers they are running. Or just subscribe to their email. A few days ago they emailed me about 5l of Cherrybomb shampoo and Viper non acidic wheel cleaner for £12.50 each instead of £43.50 & £28.00.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, silver1011 said:

About 150ml of the foam and topped the rest up with warm water, i find that using warm water helps

Don't forget, chaps, `snow foam` is designed to slowly run off the car taking most of the dirt and grit with it. If its too thick and stays on the car...to be then rinsed off, well its a bit of a waste, eh.

• 2 weeks later...

Monthly valeting today, came up nice again!

but better than that, I had a slight mid-hap yesterday... I was doing a tip run, taking garden rubbish, and decided that as we’d missed the normal fortnightly  refuse collection, I’d take that as well. Where we live we are still on traditional dustbins with bin liners as the road is too narrow for a normal sized refuse lorry.

unknown to me, there was a small tear in the bottom of the sack. And something had definitely rotted and turned to liquid - which proceeded to leak onto the boot carpet. And through the small gap between the flat floor thing and the normal height boot..No idea what it was, but it stank like a rotting animal. 

I tried traditional Google type results with bicarbonate of soda but that didn’t really help.

luckily the valeter was able to do a thorough clean up using some enzyme based stuff and the car once again smells as sweet as it looks. Happy days!

A6D3658E-FDF6-4116-9BD0-0FF48B571FE8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 22/06/2019 at 16:12, FatWolfie said:

Although non Skoda, I am so pleased with how well my Sunday toy came up today that I had to share it!

Car was originally prepped by the guy who did my Superb, so all I do for the next few months is maintain it.

never seen it so shiny!

Picture 1 is the passenger door panel, looking like a mirror😃

Picture 4 is the front wing with light on it to show (lack of) swirling.

Happy chap, now enjoying a well earned cup of coffee

16DB5616-1DB1-4518-BBD1-5D8A806ECC23.jpeg

6C45908A-805B-48D2-91F8-C9BA165619F8.jpeg

A6A8C593-F744-44AF-BCD0-E5C9D1EBFFF1.jpeg

0DCA047F-5F81-40C1-84B9-9AD21D6F6B37.jpeg

D468B0C2-4320-4BB6-A9B3-A06D31D3A669.jpeg

Nice work! 

How do you find that new Megs stuff to use?  I've noticed it on special offer a few times and wasn't sure whether or not to give it a try 

Thanks @penguin17

I think I like the Megs stuff, but I’ve not used it as per its full purpose as a water-free cleaner. 

To get the Morgan like it looked, I water washed it (no pressure washer), then snow foamed, hosed off, washed 2 bucket method using Autoglym shampoo, then planned to microfibre towel dry. But it was a hot day and the car was drying very quickly, so I used the Megs stuff to re-wet the panels and wiped off with microfibre towels.

I’m taking the car to Silverstone Classic at the end of the month, so will use the water free cleaner there before going on display. I’ll have formed a better view of it then, but so far I’m impressed and will get more when it runs out. 

The guy on the Meguirs stand at the NEC show where I bought it reckoned you’d get 5 complete washes out of a bottle. The key though is having a good supply of microfibre towels so you only make one “pass” before turning the towel if you see what I mean.

I’m pleased to report Karl, who maintains my cars from a valeting perspective, approved of the product which I was glad of - I’ve always avoided waterless wash things before..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sadly my car was broken into while I was away. Luckily apart from a smashed rear driver side window, nothing was broken or taken - I never leave anything of value in the car. So after an unintended visit to National Windscreens (great service - called them 9am Monday and they had the car in at 8.30 Tuesday to sort it - Skoda quoted 2 weeks!!!) the car was due a *very* comprehensive clean:).

Poorboys Black Hole Glaze and Megs Ultimate Quik Wax on the paint. Absolute Clarity for the glass. Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care for interior trim. Autoglym Leather Balm for the seats. Autoglym Tyre Dressing. After a very frustrating first week back it's nice to have the barge looking like it should again...:biggrin:

image.png.ca607416bddb8675f369c1188d83e852.png

image.png.8d26d512149d974adfa8960467c4fad9.png

image.png.132f64d355bccba12c3f84947065fda7.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Sadly my car was broken into while I was away. Luckily apart from a smashed rear driver side window, nothing was broken or taken - I never leave anything of value in the car. So after an unintended visit to National Windscreens (great service - called them 9am Monday and they had the car in at 8.30 Tuesday to sort it - Skoda quoted 2 weeks!!!) the car was due a *very* comprehensive clean:).

Poorboys Black Hole Glaze and Megs Ultimate Quik Wax on the paint. Absolute Clarity for the glass. Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care for interior trim. Autoglym Leather Balm for the seats. Autoglym Tyre Dressing. After a very frustrating first week back it's nice to have the barge looking like it should again...:biggrin:

image.png.ca607416bddb8675f369c1188d83e852.png

image.png.8d26d512149d974adfa8960467c4fad9.png

image.png.132f64d355bccba12c3f84947065fda7.png

Nothing worse then hoovering shattered glass 😞 

• Like 1

Had a trip out yesterday and today while wife was cleaning the house I decided to give her 11 year old KA a spruce up. 

I had washed it earlier in the week so I did a quick wipe over with Demon Shine and an mf cloth then a coat of Mothers Californian Gold wax. It comes up well, its a battle against rust on these Ka's. I didn't do the wheels. They need a refurb. 

clean ka4.JPG

Then I took my wheels off and gave them a proper clean and squirted some spray grease onto the exposed bits behind them etc. I did mine with the Mothers Californian Gold the other day so a quick swish over with Demon Shine to remove the bug splatters from yesterdays trip to Morecambe, Kirby Lonsdale and Ingleton was all that was needed. 

Despite making my pics small It won't let me upload them. Must because  I'm a newby 

Not sure if the pics will work, but hey!

Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures before my work as I did this in work and needed to press on. 

This was our courtesy car, but the boss decided to give it to his daughter for her 17th b’day, so I offered to give it a decent clean. 

Fully clayed the car after a very good 2-bucket wash, followed by full decontamination using Tar-X and Dragons Breath. 

After this, I broke out my Das-6 Pro +, Megs 105 & 205 with a variety of different pad types and sizes, and ended up with this 😎

Birthday gift!

Birthday gift!

Birthday gift!

Birthday gift!

Birthday gift!

Birthday gift!

Birthday gift!

• Like 3