Mk2 vRS Tyres

Hi All,

I'm having to consider getting some tyres for my '10 plate mk2 vRS and was wondering if people had opinions as to what make of tyres I should consider? Looking to have to go for a full set. Any good national tyre places to go to or online companies to get them from? For my old cars I've just gone to local places but it would be interesting to hear of others folks recommendations.

Cheers.

I'm on the GY F1 AS2's as well and I've been happy with them so far.

My factory Conti SC3's were excellent - great grip, low noise and lasted for ages (over 30k miles).

I replaced them with Conti SC5's which were also great, but wore down at an alarming rate.

Now I've got the AS2's all around. I find with spirited lift-off I can get the ESP light on more often than with the Conti's, but during normal driving they have been excellent so far.

I'm another one for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, a great tyre which also has great alloy wheel rim protection band.

I got my tyres off of blackcircle however when I looked at F1 Autocentres price online they were not that much dearer when ordered online and fitted at local centre.

My last car (mk1 Audi TT 225) I fitted GY AS2's and they were great tyres. This time I'm going to try Michelin Pilot Super Sports as they more readily available in 225/40/18 compared to when I got the GY's on the TT.

I've just had  pair of Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance fitted to the front.  Excellent in wet and dry conditions and very quiet!  Bought for less than £100 each (fitted) via Black Circles.

• Like 2

How many "what tyres for a Mk2 Octavia?" have we had now?

I've lost count, answers are always the same though, numerous and various, all according to personal taste and experience, price etc etc etc

• Like 2

I've just had  pair of Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance fitted to the front.  Excellent in wet and dry conditions and very quiet!  Bought for less than £100 each (fitted) via Black Circles.

+1 another happy customer here. Had them on the Octy and was happy to choose them again on the Accord.

Not that sporty if that's a priority, plenty of grip but can feel a bit squishy.

ive just put on 4 £50 per corner auto grip think there ***** and they have transformed the car from a bit of bore family hatch into a monster to control :notme:  :devil:

ive just put on 4 £50 per corner auto grip think there ***** and they have transformed the car from a bit of bore family hatch into a monster to control :notme:  :devil:

I fitted these today previous car once not bad in the dry because of the soft compound but in the wet hard to keep the traction control off.