Mk2 vRS Tyres

Vredestein Ultrac Vorti XL from Camskill £70-70 per corner plus carriage & fitting at the moment. Really pleased with these tyres had Conti Sport 3 on before. The Voriti's are much quieter, a lot better in the wet, the car feels more planted and they seem to wear Okay.

Thanks for the reply folks and sorry that it was 'another what tyres' thread. I had a look and a search and nothing relevant came up. Thought being new to the Skoda World it was best to ask for peoples opinions before having to spend a fair bit on each new boot.

Sounds as if folk are happy with the Goodyears so will have a look around at them :)

Ziex ZE-914 Ecorun - Falcon: pretty good all rounders and they have lasted me lots of miles so far.... suprised when I realised they were fitted 13/09/2013! still got 3-4mm on them - Fronts!!

Been having a look between the Efficient Grip Pro and the AS2. There is very little between them. The AS2's are at the moment about £4 a corner cheaper and have a higher speed rating. Efficient Grips from reviews I've seen, seem to last a shade longer, better fuel economy by whatever gets judged by putting it into the lower category than the AS2's.

I'll ask around a few garages and see how much they would charge to fit/alignment would be.

Does anyone know the mileages that categories the tyres into the different category's when looking at fuel efficiency? I'm not fussed about better performance or a higher speed rating...you can only do 70 anyway  :angel:

How many "what tyres for a Mk2 Octavia?" have we had now?

I've lost count, answers are always the same though, numerous and various, all according to personal taste and experience, price etc etc etc

Don't care how may ' threads ' there are tyres...

This ' thread ' just saved me 40 quid on a set of asy 2's !

Happy days !

• 11 months later...

Looking at 2 x Goodyear Efficient Grip on blackcircles, both fronts £173 fitted. Not too shabby.

They found a nail through the rear on my service  :swear:, that'll be £15 or £20 for a repair too. 

Efficient grip isn't as good as the f1 - more efficiency focussed than performance. I will be buying a pair of F1 assymetric 3's for mine in the near future.

I've used good year eagle f1s for years since the first directional ones. Great tyres and I always recommend.

Edited by Vegasphil
  • Like 1

As above.

I have the efficient grip on all corners.

When it's cold or slightly damp the tyres ain't that good. If it snows, don't bother going out.

In the wet or on a warm day they are fine.

I'll be looking at other options when the time arrives.

Efficient grip isn't as good as the f1 - more efficiency focussed than performance. I will be buying a pair of F1 assymetric 3's for mine in the near future.

I've used good year eagle f1s for years since the first directional ones. Great tyres and I always recommend.

As above.

I have the efficient grip on all corners.

When it's cold or slightly damp the tyres ain't that good. If it snows, don't bother going out.

In the wet or on a warm day they are fine.

I'll be looking at other options when the time arrives.

So I should stop being tight and pay the £20 per corner extra  :D

Just replaced the original Conti's last time, remember them being bloody noisy, but that could just be the Octy in general.

Edited by S41NT

I swear by Michelin PS3's, great grip in all conditions bar snow in which they are passable if your not silly. They wear very well maintaining grip to the end. They are more expensive than others but worth it.

Vreds are comparable in all but wear rate giving around 2/3rds of life of a Michelin.

How do you find the wear rate on the Dunlops. My wife had them on her BMW but didn't last 9000 miles before they needed replacing and she is a gentle driver.