350z Opinions?

Pimpster

They are an excellent piece of machinery. Had one for a couple of hours. They accelerate like mad and they handle like crazy. Interiors are nice in my opinion, low-rider seats. small windows, but even to the windscreen so it looks like your looking out through cockpit windows.

Blue one.

I've got the GT pack, with the standard 18" wheels.

Common problems are:

1) Front Tyre "Feathering"

This is a problem, mainly on early cars, where by the inside edges of the front tyres develop a strange wear pattern which results in a lot of noise when braking at low speed. It affects different cars at different mileages and some not at all. Revised suspension/tracking settings and different spec of Bridgestone tyre is Nissan's answer (covered under warranty). As yet the jury is still out as to whether this has cured the problem.

2) Left speaker cutting out

The Bose sound system on the GT cars can develop an intermittent problem, which results in the LH speakers(s) cutting out (on CD only - radio is fine). As yet Nissan (or Clarion, who make the head-unit) don't seem to have found a fix.

3) Soft paint

The front of the car seems particularly susceptable to stone-chipping. As a result many owners have fitted some kind of paint protection (Paint-shield, Armourfend etc.)

4) Seat leather

There have been a few reports, again, mainly on early cars, of the leather on the drivers seat side cushions wearing quickly.

5) Clutch

A few people have had clutches going poof (and taking the flywheel with them) after only a few thousand miles. I'm not aware of anyone persuading Nissan to cover this under warranty in this country.

6) Dealer service

The dealer network is a bit variable, some are excellent, some fall well short of the expected standard.

7) Speedlimits

You'll have problems sticking to them :D

Don't let these points put you off though. Generally, the 350Z is a fast, fun, and reliable. It also sounds fantastic.

There are plenty of tuning and upgrade bits available, if that's you thing.

The only other thing to be aware of is that a mildly face-lifted version has just gone on sale in the USA and Japan. There's no word yet as to when it will be going on sale in the UK, but My guess would be early spring 2006.

Log on to 350zuk to find out more.

Brilliant car, mates got one & Ive done a couple of track days when hes let me "play" for a few sessions.

Its very easy to drive & incredibly well balanced, even with the traction control off its incredibly predictable & breaks away in a very controlled manner.

Thats all due to change in a couple of weeks as its booked in for a Twin Turbo conversion & running .65 bar will give 361 bhp at the wheels, 431bhp at the flywheel. Standard is something like 270 at the flywheel so I think it might break away a bit more after that. Roll on the next track day ;)

I gather the motors based on a Renault unit & who won the F1 this year :)

Thanks for all the info and opinions guys! Really helped me a lot. Gonna pop down to Nissan today and see what they can do.

The next thing on the list is insurance... which I'm dreading! Being only 21, insurance companies are a pain in the back side. So in order for me to keep paying the Octy insurance, the 350Z will have to be reasonable! Stupid insurance.

Thanks for all the info and opinions guys! Really helped me a lot. Gonna pop down to Nissan today and see what they can do.

The next thing on the list is insurance... which I'm dreading! Being only 21' date=' insurance companies are a pain in the back side. So in order for me to keep paying the Octy insurance, the 350Z will have to be reasonable! Stupid insurance.[/quote']

There have been a few nice s/hand ones on Pistonheads recently, I think its end of the summer & boys selling there toys.

re Insurance try Chris Knott

The next thing on the list is insurance... which I'm dreading! Being only 21' date=' insurance companies are a pain in the back side. So in order for me to keep paying the Octy insurance, the 350Z will have to be reasonable! Stupid insurance.[/quote']

good luck mate, hope you get a good deal. i really like them :)