Moto GP 2015

camelspyyder

Practice indications at Qatar are that this could be really exciting this year. 3 makes in the top 4 (not including Yamaha).

25 on the grid with the top 10 covered by 0.5 secs and the top 20 covered by 1.3 secs in the most recent session.

Who is gonna take it to Marquez???

I am a big Moto GP fan BUT it does need to be more interesting this year and hopefully it could well be.  Thing is it is supposed to be about racing and if one bloke clears off and no one sees him again that isn't exciting.  OK if they cover the closer tussles then it becomes more interesting but if it is Marquez in front again every race then it will become dull again.  Hopefully some of the other guys can take it to him this year and it will be good to see Rossi back up there again.

I also am keen to see how the Brits get on.  I know Cal has his critics but he has a real chance again this year to do something (second in FP3 today) and he could do well because he does have the talent.  Scott Redding will be interesting to watch again because he is on a far better bike this year and he can ride.  Sadly Bradley Smith will always be an also ran because his satellite bike is not as good as the other two.  I don't doubt his determination and he too is a very good rider just his bike will not be good enough to put him higher.

I know they are talking about 26 (I think) riders on the grid and how that is better but what I want to see is close racing at the front and not people wobbling about at the back making up the numbers. 

Fingers crossed it will be a good year and someone needs to show that Marquez cannot rule the roost again this year.  Yes he has tremendous talent and he deserves to be champion but the others need to raise their game this year to stop it becoming boring.

Regards Chris

Valentino to sign out with a great season hopefully.

Can't say I found last year boring, but I also hope that Marquez gets a serious challenge.

It puts F1 sadly to shame for action and sportsmanship.

• Like 1

Great start to the season.

Ducati back fighting at the top again.  Yamaha's also there and Honda struggling, mixed up from last season so a good indicator of some close racing for the rest of the season.

Cal not made a good move, probably had no choice.

Rossi at 36, incredible.

Met Bradley at Motorcyclie Live, what a nice bloke.  Good luck to Scott, Bradley and Cal.

• Like 1

I think Honda were right on the same pace as Ducati/Yamaha, but not any quicker.

If Dani and Marc hadn't had rubbish opening laps, it would have been a 6 way dice for the win.

Cant wait for the next race...It's only a 10 hour drive from here, I may go for the whole weekend.

At least there was a Brit podium in Moto 3 (Well done Danny Kent), shame pole man Sam Lowes crashed in Moto 2

Edited by camelspyyder

Never really got into MotoGP so watched it yesterday now I have BT Sport free with broadband. The strategy in lines between the Ducati's and Rossi was amazing. Rossi is 36! Was just amazing

I think Honda were right on the same pace as Ducati/Yamaha, but not any quicker.

If Dani and Marc hadn't had rubbish opening laps, it would have been a 6 way dice for the win.

Cant wait for the next race...It's only a 10 hour drive from here, I may go for the whole weekend.

At least there was a Brit podium in Moto 3 (Well done Danny Kent), shame pole man Sam Lowes crashed in Moto 2

interestingly the Hondas were quickest down the straight.

Marquez hit over 350 kph duing the race ie 217 mph

The factory Yamahas were only doing around 243 kph ie 213 mph.

Straight speed is not everything.

Rossi is one superb racer. His motivation after years of success is incredible.

I enjoyed F1, but the Moto GP topped it yet again.

This is shaping up for a great competitive season.

What a cracking race.  Just like the old days when the Doctor came a calling.  It wasn't a case of if he would pass it was a case of when.  It would have been nice to see what the difference would have been had Marquez and Pedrosa been up there although they could not match the lap times of the front four.

I think Cal must have had some strange thoughts spending most of the race behind Bradley Smith on a bike he left two years ago and seeing the Ducati which he left last year being right up at the sharp end with two riders!  Strange because he was second quickest in some of the free practice and I suppose it shows how much a front couple of rows start is worth.

It was a massive shame to see Lowes dump it yet again when all he had to do was follow Falco and pick him off somewhere during the remaining 18 laps or so.  I know he will be beating himself up but he needs to really as it was his head in a false neutral rather than his bike as he suggested.  He has talent and he has the killer instinct he just needs to use his head a bit more.  Alex is the same in World Superbikes and it is win it or bin it every time with the pair of them.  Shame and I hope they sort it out because they could be at the top with the others in both series.

All in all a cracking Moto GP with Danny Kent and John McPhee showing their true talent and ability.  Roll on the next one.

Regards Chris

• Like 1

I think the Lowes twins are rather better than you suggest - you don't beat Sofuoglu to the Word Supersports title (on a slower bike too) without massive talent.

Equally winning BSB against Shaky is not to be sniffed at either.

I think the Lowes twins are rather better than you suggest - you don't beat Sofuoglu to the Word Supersports title (on a slower bike too) without massive talent.

Equally winning BSB against Shaky is not to be sniffed at either.

Don't get me wrong I think the Lowes twins are very good 'if' only they could curb their over enthusiasm.  They both have immense talent but need to combine that with race craft which hopefully they both will do this season.  Problem is some of the riders they are coming up against have excellent race craft skills and raw talent cannot beat that every time.  If they learn to do that then I truly believe they will be equal to the likes of Marquez.

Regards Chris

Oh yes, Rossi is back on it. I really liked that race, real quality racing and respect for each other, even right on the edge.

Good to see how Rossi just bided his time and hunted the opposition down in a clinical fashion.

Will be interesting to see where the Honda's really are in mix when they start to sort themselves out.

Bet Cal may be regretting leaving Ducati at the moment after being in that mincer of a race

Oh yes, Rossi is back on it. I really liked that race, real quality racing and respect for each other, even right on the edge.

Good to see how Rossi just bided his time and hunted the opposition down in a clinical fashion.

Will be interesting to see where the Honda's really are in mix when they start to sort themselves out.

Bet Cal may be regretting leaving Ducati at the moment after being in that mincer of a race

Cal and Rossi both may be having regrets - If the Ducati is that fast after only a few days testing what'll it be like when they've had time to sort it properly?

Fantastic opening weekend. Marquez has never been able to start races, but he can't afford to do that every weekend. He made up 20 places!! Shame on Pedrosa for getting beaten by a guy from the back of the pack on the same bike!

Rossi is a machine. That is all.

Just wanted to point out, in case anyone here only tunes into the GP. Make some time for Moto3. There's so much action in it it's ludicrous. Often better than the main event. Moto2 is shaping up to be far more interesting this year too.

I only started to watch the Moto 3 last season and as you say it is manic!  It is like  a bunch of axe murderers.  There is no way you can tell on the last lap who is going to win.  In fact last year Moto GP were the poorer viewing of the three races but I think that is going to change this year if this race was anything to go by.

Regards Chris

Cal and Rossi both may be having regrets - If the Ducati is that fast after only a few days testing what'll it be like when they've had time to sort it properly?

Would be interesting to find out what they have done to get the Ducati to turn in from speed without chucking its rider into the scenery.

It is thinner and they have moved the engine in the frame which would no doubt alter the handling.  Main thing is it seems that it isn't destroying it's tyres within 10 laps and can run at the same pace all the time.

Regards Chris