MY16

Good to finally see an updated brochure, but it's still got several mistakes. The fuel consumption figures for the 1.2 TSI DSG estate are a work of fiction (compare with the hatch and the manual) and there's a lot of confusion over the type of steering wheel most of the models have (3 or 4 spoke, Supersport or not). I expect that actually the steering wheels haven't changed from last year and most models have 4 spoke wheels, but that's not what the brochure says, and the options list on page 30 contradicts the model descriptions earlier on.

I see the UK site has another new brochure out, they have pushed the tax back up on the 1.4 tsi estate in SEL trim , back to Band D  (it was originally listed as band D then they cut it to Band C same as the SE and now back to Band D).

When was it listed as band C? Both the May and June brochures that I have downloads of list it as 121 g/km band D.

I notice they still don't have any insurance group information, even for engines that haven't changed.

16" alloys now an option for the SE L - finally...

Grrrr, I asked for those, ”not possible ” was the answer. Ah well

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Are there any other significant changes apart from infotainment and the engines?

- No boomy cabin (not yet at least!)

- No shoe cleaning when it rains (although this is the first car I've noticed where door frame gets wet when it rains. Is that common in cars?

- 3 Spoke steering wheel on the SE L (or has it always been 3 spoke?)

Ride is a bit bumpy on London's pot holed and speed bumpy roads. *Very* nice on motorways.

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

- No shoe cleaning when it rains (although this is the first car I've noticed where door frame gets wet when it rains. Is that common in cars?

It's been suggested that changes to address issues such as these are not connected to model years. A more detailed list of changes is given in post 52 in this thread, but it's not specific to the UK model.

Interesting. It was 4. Page 21 of the June brochure says 4 spokes, but the picture on page 8 shows 3. The picture of the L&K on page 23 has also changed to 3 spokes, so presumably the options list on page 30 is actually correct. I don't remember this being included in any of the lists of changes.

Looks like I'll probably get 3 spokes on my SE too then. Is 3 better than 4? I've been trying to work out the difference between the "Supersport" and normal steering wheels. Is it just that the Supersports have the Allegro style flat bottom?

Edited by Rodge

FYI, 3 spoke doesn't necessarily mean Supersport. Neither does 3 spoke entail flappy paddles which are an option.

Pics in the brochure are a bit misleading :-s

Page 8 has pictures of both, but there's not much visible difference apart from the Allegro style flat bottom. (The pictures in the May brochure were still of the 4 spoke wheel, so that version of the brochure contradicted itself much more than the June version.)

Edited by Rodge

Ride is a bit bumpy on London's pot holed and speed bumpy roads. *Very* nice on motorways.

Luckily my car is boom-free. At least it has been so far (3000 km).

• Like 1

Have anyone got a chance to play with Android Auto yet? 

Android auto seems to support a number of apps, including google maps. However, the skoda website mentions only the possibility for audio apps?

"Android Auto

Audio entertainment and messaging services in the car. 

Let you listen to and control content in your music and other audio apps. "

Have anyone got a chance to play with Android Auto yet?

Android auto seems to support a number of apps, including google maps. However, the skoda website mentions only the possibility for audio apps?

"Android Auto

Audio entertainment and messaging services in the car.

Let you listen to and control content in your music and other audio apps. "

In terms of Android Auto. I know spotify, Google play music and pocket casts (podcast app) are supported which are the one I use anyway. Android auto support is down to app developers putting it in to there apps, less so about Google making it work.
  • Like 1

Where are you getting the June edition brochure from? Skoda UK still has May 2015 with a load of errors. Still says that all radio models come with a CD player. Whereas this is actually only the Columbus.

forget that I've found in................Skoda UK should update all the links!!

Edited by M12MKD
  • Like 1

Where are you getting the June edition brochure from? Skoda UK still has May 2015 with a load of errors. Still says that all radio models come with a CD player. Whereas this is actually only the Columbus.

June one for me on Skoda uk website.

• Like 1

looks like amundsen isn't free anymore.  i just went on the configurator and it's back showing up as a 700 option (pic still shows the old 5.8 screen too).

still free on the SEL - still no idea what tax band that's in though, 1.4 estate is 121g CO 2 on the brochure but 119g on the web site and the configurator.  WHo does the proof reading for Skoda UK I wonder?

I'd be interested to know how you managed to download an old brochure, because the SUK website takes me to https://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_octavia.pdf which I assume should always point at the latest brochure. Are there any other old ones we could get to compare?

Got the info from this section of the Skoda website (Octavia section)

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/new-octavia-vrs-estate/equipment

As below states May 2015

http://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_octavia.pdf

Got the info from this section of the Skoda website (Octavia section)

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/new-octavia-vrs-estate/equipment

As below states May 2015

http://tools.skoda.co.uk/content/brochure/brochure_octavia.pdf

Those links give me the June brochure. I wonder if your web browser is caching the old one?

still free on the SEL - still no idea what tax band that's in though, 1.4 estate is 121g CO 2 on the brochure but 119g on the web site and the configurator.  WHo does the proof reading for Skoda UK I wonder?

Not if you look in the Configurator it's not free anymore

It was earlier today - just checked again, if you configure an SEL it comes with "navigation standard", columbus costs £1000 so I assume the standard is still the amundsen

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Those links give me the June brochure. I wonder if your web browser is caching the old one?

Interesting as the "order brochure" link shows the new one. So maybe that is possible.

I did save the May addition should anyone want it.