Octavia build dates for new orders

@ScorpiAS Where are you based? Your long lead time suggests Australia? The guess is just based on a pattern I'm seeing based on responses on this thread from folks in Australia having quite long lead times (late build dates never mind long shipping times).

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

@ScorpiAS Where are you based? Your long lead time suggests Australia? The guess is just based on a pattern I'm seeing based on responses on this thread from folks in Australia having quite long lead times (late build dates never mind long shipping times).

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

Based in Bulgaria. My dealer suggested that the build date might change but he didnt really specify if it will change for the better or worse  :dull:

OK. I live in the netherlands from where the average build date (not delivery) is i think 7 till 10 weeks from ordering.. So from my perspective 4-5 weeks is quick :)

Maybe Wales gets priority due to the (longer) transport time (by boat)?

Edited by doncalitri

I ordered 24th march. No clue when it be delivered. In N.I and dealer not in rush to reply to emails or says he will call and does not...started off great, slowly getting on my nerves..

Lucky you. I ordered on 28th of April and got a build date of 4th of September. 

Are you sure that's not the delivery date? Or could the dealer have misinterpreted the week number? Unless Bulgaria gets a very special build and they build all the Bulgarian models once a quarter?

OK. I live in the netherlands from where the average build date (not delivery) is i think 7 till 10 weeks from ordering.. So from my perspective 4-5 weeks is quick :)

Maybe Wales gets priority due to the (longer) transport time (by boat)?

4th week of April to week beginning 15 June is 7 or 8 weeks, depending on exactly which week in April the 4th week is. I ordered on 24 April and got quoted 12-14 weeks for delivery which is sometime in the second half of July, but I don't know when it will be built. Edited by Rodge

Based in Bulgaria. My dealer suggested that the build date might change but he didnt really specify if it will change for the better or worse  :dull:

I placed my order right before the Easter holidays. 4-th of april I think. The guy from Eura Tek (guessing you are using the same dealer) told me that it will be build in bw22. Last week i called him and he informed me that my order was pushed forward and is scheduled for bw21. I'll call him again next week to check what is going on.

There is something going on with the deliveries here in Bulgaria. A colleague of mine, who ordered a week after me, told me that his was scheduled for bw26. Another guy that i know placed the order 1 week after me and his is scheduled for bw28.

I guess it is caused by the bw22 updates.

Are you sure that's not the delivery date? Or could the dealer have misinterpreted the week number? Unless Bulgaria gets a very special build and they build all the Bulgarian models once a quarter?

4th week of April to week beginning 15 June is 7 or 8 weeks, depending on exactly which week in April the 4th week is. I ordered on 24 April and got quoted 12-14 weeks for delivery which is sometime in the second half of July, but I don't know when it will be built.

Yes but anothe 4 weeks to delivery so 12 in total

Ordered on the 26th of March, Initially build week 23 but was changed to 20.

Called dealer today to be advised that the car is ready to be shipped to the UK and should expect it latest mid June but expects it earlier...

Ordered on the 26th of March, Initially build week 23 but was changed to 20.

Called dealer today to be advised that the car is ready to be shipped to the UK and should expect it latest mid June but expects it earlier...

Sounds right on the basis of our scout - ordered 16/3 delivered today 21/5, so if you 10 days or 2 weeks behind maybe first week June

Hmm I ordered 8th May and due to be built week 24 and possibly shipped to the dealer by the end of June depending on transport times

Hmm I ordered 8th May and due to be built week 24 and possibly shipped to the dealer by the end of June depending on transport times

That would be uber quick mate or very optimistic! What have you ordered?

I got the nod today my vRS is in the UK and another 10 days til delivery, ordered 30th March

That's maybe why then as the vRS is so popular what with all these PCH deals on at the moment, they will have a big backlog as the order book is jam packed and other versions will get through faster I would assume.

That's maybe why then as the vRS is so popular what with all these PCH deals on at the moment, they will have a big backlog as the order book is jam packed and other versions will get through faster I would assume.

How common is the vRS over there? I have yet to see one in the flesh.

very, they're everywhere :)

I had that impression.

Here the tsi is too expencive and lacks 4x4 and not many choose the diesel when they can have the 4x4 184bhp for almost the same price.

I had that impression.

Here the tsi is too expencive and lacks 4x4 and not many choose the diesel when they can have the 4x4 184bhp for almost the same price.

Here the 4x4 is too expensive and diesel only. I've gone for the 1.4 tsi which is more than enough, I've had a yeti 1.2 for the last 4 years and it's been great. I'd have picked the 1.2 octavia but you can't get the SEL with that engine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1