What about the things that annoy you?

OK something that is starting to annoy me a bit......

At 14 months/22.5k miles old its frankly starting to feel a bit worn.....its v much lost that no rattle/solid new car feel.

The low rev refinement of the engine has deteriorated quite a bit (very much so when cold) and at idle it vibrates quite badly through the cabin now when it drops to about 6-700rpm (2.0 TDI 150), 1st to 2nd gear change is still very notchy and think id anything its getting worse.

Also there are alot of what seem to be temperature dependant rattles in the interior. Theres a very irritating buzz from my touchscreen where it vibrates against the harder dash plastics (and has pretty much always done it)...yesterday drivinf home in around 24 degree heat found that my rear view mirror started making noise and it took moving it around a bit to shut it up. Also the door trims viabrate a bit more now with the stereo on and I also have some b pillar rattles too.

All things I can live with...it will pee me off more taking it to the dealer to get them sorted out than it does just putting up with them but its a poor show for what is a 23k car.

Sure my Mk2 wasnt absolutely perfect but it did seem a bit more robust than the Mk3 is proving to be age for age.

So far after 3 days of ownership the only annoying thing is that after making a call via bluetooth on bolero that the radio/media volume doesn't resume and you have to turn it up. Doesn't happen when I receive calls though. Maybe this can be fixed?

That doesn't happen on mine.

Only had my Vrs for two weeks and overall I really like the car but I do have a couple of moans.

Firstly I have a terrible buzzy rattle coming from around the instrument cluster, I think it is the black plastic surround. It sounds like a clip rattling at around 30mph, it's getting on my nerves !

The Alloy wheel sticks out past the tyre making it so easy to catch something which I have already found out. First time in years this has happened !

Compared to my previous car, a 1 series BMW, the tyre roar/road noise is louder, not enough to really bother me but it is noticeable.

Slight clutch judder for some reason at times.

Steering feels a bit wooden in comparison to previous BMW, Audi, Seat.

Overall the car is great, averaging around 48mpg around town which is 50% up on my BMW so a decent saving there.

Clutch judder. Is this all the time or just when cold..?? I would get this checked out that is not normal.

I haven't had to change wiper blades yet but from a quick fiddle with them I prefer the way the Mk. 2 aeroblades come off the wiper arms.

I assume removing the Mk. 3 blade involves the little square thingie set into the moulding at the centre of the blade?

I haven't had to change wiper blades yet but from a quick fiddle with them I prefer the way the Mk. 2 aeroblades come off the wiper arms.

I assume removing the Mk. 3 blade involves the little square thingie set into the moulding at the centre of the blade?

Yep - described in detail on p. 241 of the manual available online if you have any difficulties.

You can turn off the 'coming home' feature in the infotainment - I've done the same, leaving the 'leaving home' feature on.

One point of adaptive lights is that they change, depending on speed. I like that they have a very wide coverage at slower speeds. They light up far more road than my last car at any speed. You could turn off the adaptive bit - at least you have the choice. :)

I like the lights to stay on (coming home) after I've locked the door. Its the fact they go off first thats daft. The lights should stay on for x seconds after turning the engine off.

As for the adaptive, theres no issue with it changing the throw of light, but for the driver's light to point so far left is just stupid. I have adaptive headlights in my new 3 series which I took delivery of a week or so ago. They are in another league to the Skoda's. You can even leave the high beams on when following a car in front as the lights form a 'box' around the car. Even with this, at no time do they feel the need to point at the bushes on the other side of the road.

ok, ok, I should fix with a proper setting of the fader between front and rear place,

but I' m annoyed by the sounds coming from the rear tweeter which diffracts (can't figure a better explaination as tweeters ARE directional and should point to rear passenger ears) up to MY left ear.

Edited by Genoa1893

Surprised no one has mentioned the CD changer in the glove box?!

In fairness I'm using the Bluetooth more and more now these days, but annoying all the same if you want to change disc.

True, It's a weird place, but I will only change CDs when stationary so it's not a big deal. Even when the CD slot is located near the display, changing CDs is very arkward and for me dangerous, unless stationary.

Do people still use CDs in cars? I haven't had a CD in my cars since 2004.  :no:

I for one am glad that I got the Bolero with CD player and not the new MY16 without. I still buy CDs, convert them for the SDcard, but can't be bothered to do that everytime I get a new CD and so the player is useful.

The only thing that annoys me is that the suspension is too bloody high! (Vrs TSI with 19" extremes). What were Skoda thinking?

I've never felt the need to lower a car in my life but I can feel a set of Eibachs and spacers coming in the future.....

I found another way: load the boot full to the brim, keeps the rear nice and low..still looks like an SUV at the front and makes it slower, but hey it's cheaper that way :D

The only thing that annoys me is that the suspension is too bloody high! (Vrs TSI with 19" extremes). What were Skoda thinking?

I've never felt the need to lower a car in my life but I can feel a set of Eibachs and spacers coming in the future.....

I bought a set of Eibach's before the car was built because of that very reason, they're being fitted next Tuesday by AP Automotive.

I've already fitted 10mm spacers on the rear of mine (18" Gemini's) to help fill the arch better!

Hi!

I am annoyed by the "rattle" sound that the interior panorama roof cover makes when I am driving. It doesn't matter if it is opened or closed. It isn't very loud, but with radio off it gets annoying. I think it comes from the back inside of the cover.

Has anyone the same problem?

Thanks.

Regards

I have a similar rattle and assuming it's something to do with the sunroof, mine sounds like it's coming from the back of the sunroof on drivers side, annoying.

It would seem that the expectation perception gap grows wider and wider with Skoda drivers

Just saying

I can't say I'd ever worry about things like a car's entertainment system. I'm only interested in the car.

I’ve had my 2015 Octavia Elegance 2l TDI (150 PS) manual hatchback for 3 week and 1400 miles and have noted the following good and bad points over my previous car (2012 Octavia SE+ (with cruise control) 2l TDI (140 PS) manual hatch back.

Good points.

• Better handling and a smoother ride.
  • The maxidot display is much better, has more features and the ability to adjust many of the settings yourself.
  • The ‘infotainment’ system is very good with many ‘nice to have’ features.
  • The fuel consumed since last re-fuel automatically zero’s itself when you fill up.
  • The boot seems even bigger than that of the previous model.
  • I like the automatic dipping mirror.
  • The rear seat belt warning icons seem to be a useful feature.

Bad points:

• I miss the ‘little platform’ to rest your right foot on when using the cruise control.
  • The fact that the cruise control does not turn off when you dip the clutch takes a bit of getting used to.
  • The pedals seem more ‘cramped’ than my last car.
  • Not a many ‘little pockets’ in which to put things – e.g. on top of the dash and at the side of the front seats, also,  the capacity of the glove box is not as large as the cd player is in there.
  • The interior trim seems a bit ‘plasticy’ and less substantial than the previous model – don’t like the pseudo-chrome bits of trim near the door handles.
  • I find it difficult to get in or out of the car without touching my foot on the plastic trim on the inside of the sill – leaves muddy marks in winter/bad weather.
  • I miss the plastic ‘rubbing strips’ that my last car had - on the doors – as standard.
  • Changing bulbs in the front headlamp cluster was a 2 minute job on the last car – not sure about this one though, it looks like it could be fiddly.
  • The bonnet release is on the R/Hand side of the car
  • So far the fuel consumption is not a good as that of my last car.
  • I feel that the start-stop feature is a bit of a gimmick, if left switched on it ‘encourages’ the driver to ride the clutch and all that re-starting can’t do the battery and starter motor much good.
  • The reflections of the dash heater vents in the windscreen and the reflections, in the front door windows, of the ‘chrome’ trim around the side heater vents are a bit annoying.

Things that take a bit of getting used to:

• I’m not sure about the ‘headlight assist’ feature. I’ve never waited to see if it works and have dipped my headlights manually; for fear of dazzling oncoming traffic.
  • When I arrived home from a 35 mile drive the engine cooling fan kept roaring away for some time after turning the engine off. Presumably the DPF was going through a regeneration – the car had done about 900 miles from new at this point. My last car had a DPF, I covered 48,000 miles in it and never had a DPF warning light show or have the fan continue to run after shutting the engine off.
  • Not sure about the front assist feature – I suspect that you would have to get very, very close to the vehicle in front before the brakes automatically applied.

Regards

G

• Like 1

It would seem that the expectation perception gap grows wider and wider with Skoda drivers

Just saying

In my opinion the Octavia 3 has brought a different breed of driver to the brand. I personally wouldn't of given the brand a thought until I saw the Octavia 3, but this brings new expectations that perhaps the Octavia 3 does not a achieve in some key areas.

• Like 2

• I feel that the start-stop feature is a bit of a gimmick, if left switched on it ‘encourages’ the driver to ride the clutch and all that re-starting can’t do the battery and starter motor much good.

I haven't driven a manual Octavia, but on most cars it only stops the engine when in neutral, encouraging you not to ride the clutch. Does it work differently in a manual Octy?

And don't worry about the starter motor and battery, they're both quite different than in older cars and are built to handle start-stop usage.

• When I arrived home from a 35 mile drive the engine cooling fan kept roaring away for some time after turning the engine off. Presumably the DPF was going through a regeneration – the car had done about 900 miles from new at this point. My last car had a DPF, I covered 48,000 miles in it and never had a DPF warning light show or have the fan continue to run after shutting the engine off.

It will do several regenerations during the drive-in period but they should become more infrequent over time. The new system does them more often than older DPFs, but that should also mean that the DPF will last longer than on older cars.

• Not sure about the front assist feature – I suspect that you would have to get very, very close to the vehicle in front before the brakes automatically applied.

It won't intervene until the very last moment before impact. I've had the alert sound a couple of times but it doesn't get many false positives.

Edited by kallekilponen

Can you move the usb aux outlets? I know it's a panel, but couldn't you remove that panel and use a standard sub from the back of the unit instead of the naff afterthought of the media inputs?

Also the charger port, looking at moving one into the cubby infront of the shifter and leaving the exposed one for emergencies...

• I’m not sure about the ‘headlight assist’ feature. I’ve never waited to see if it works and have dipped my headlights manually; for fear of dazzling oncoming traffic.
  •  

It works fine for me. If you are that worried if it works fine, try it during the night while coming up to a car. That way if you are not saistfied with its reaction you won't blind the other driver straight away, but just slightly annoy him.

It won't intervene until the very last moment before impact. I've had the alert sound a couple of times but it doesn't get many false positives.

Exactly I've had the sound and warning come on a few times, not always necessary. It only braked for me once (the car in front made a full emergency breaking), and it primed the brakes on a similar occasion, where I reacted a bit faster, but not fast enough for the system (it's not set to medium)

Can you move the usb aux outlets? I know it's a panel, but couldn't you remove that panel and use a standard sub from the back of the unit instead of the naff afterthought of the media inputs?

I doubt that they left enough cable at the back for us to move it around. The USB port is slightly recessed so if you use of of those tiny USB sticks it won't stick out and you won't accidentally knock it off. If it annoys you visually to have a USB stick there then it's better to use the hidden SD-card slot and just forget about the USB port, which I found not as responsive as the SD-slot.

I have a similar rattle and assuming it's something to do with the sunroof, mine sounds like it's coming from the back of the sunroof on drivers side, annoying.

By me it is the same thing. I think it has something to do with the black soft interior cover and the rattle comes from the back side of the "box". But I don't want to take the whole interior cover down because of that, to find it out. Maybe if it will get more annoying. :)

Why not put the power socket inside the lidded space in front of the gear lever? Plug something in, and you've got cable and the plug cluttering up the area.

Yes that gets me too since usb connections have been around they have been hidden in most cars I have seen. Other car is in the centre armrest cubby. I just leave an old ipod plugged in for books and music and bluetooth my phone. real pain having to unplug the ipod when I leave it. Nothing shouts out to a thief that there is something worth nicking like a wire going into a half shut compartment. Even more annoying if they broke the window and you had only left the lead plugged in on view. Think I will be looking to move that soon. VW put it in the box on the MK7 Golf 'simply clever'?

You know what I want (and this doesn't really fit in here but I'll post anyway), a 12V socket on top of the dash so I can plug my sat nav in and not have a cable hanging down over the controls.

You know what I want (and this doesn't really fit in here but I'll post anyway), a 12V socket on top of the dash so I can plug my sat nav in and not have a cable hanging down over the controls.

You don't need to do that.

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/FlyingGecko30/media/tomtom1_zpsb47d042a.jpg.html