What about the things that annoy you?

Yep, the missing right foot rest, I don't drive M/ways much nowdays but when I do, I use CC and I sorely missing that right foot rest. The poor rear suspension well, I can turn the music up but there's no getting away from that right knee ache

I use the M1 a lot (Average speed cameras of 50mph) - Once I've set the cruise, I bend my knee and rest my right foot on its outer edge to relieve strain. Give it a try :)

I loathe:

• Bonnet release location (you can tell its just a lazy RHD conversion)
  • Ahmundsen going mental when I plug my phone in to charge, killing the radio and immediately searching for music... then cancelling, then trying again when the phone screen wakes up  :dull:
  • Wiper washer location
  • The fact I had to pay for Cruise control on my vRS  :envy:
  •  

That the electric boot motor button won't close the boot from the drivers seat. Here in Czech Rep, electric boot is std equipment, but if I had paid £300 for the option, this would upset me. And they missed a trick not including a foot sensor ala Ford Kuga to link with the Keyless when you are carrying children/ pets/ boxes etc. I wouldn't pay for this if i had the choice to, since when was opening and closing a boot arduous ?

Fin. I love this car Love the pan roof, love the petrol turbo, love the DSG, love Kessy, love the heated seats etc. 

The hatchbag boot liners makes moping up after a nervous Alsatian a doddle too. Check it out. http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/

That the electric boot motor button won't close the boot from the drivers seat. Here in Czech Rep, electric boot is std equipment, but if I had paid £300 for the option, this would upset me. And they missed a trick not including a foot sensor ala Ford Kuga to link with the Keyless when you are carrying children/ pets/ boxes etc. I wouldn't pay for this if i had the choice to, since when was opening and closing a boot arduous ?

Fin. I love this car Love the pan roof, love the petrol turbo, love the DSG, love Kessy, love the heated seats etc.

The hatchbag boot liners makes moping up after a nervous Alsatian a doddle too. Check it out. http://www.hatchbag.co.uk/

Would really love Kessy but I think it would be an option too far, and I could maybe live without it.

The bonnet is very heavy, and should be supported by hydraulic struts in the same way as the hatchback / tailgate is. I find the door mirror glasses get dirty very quickly in wet weather.

Hi!

I am annoyed by the "rattle" sound that the interior panorama roof cover makes when I am driving. It doesn't matter if it is opened or closed. It isn't very loud, but with radio off it gets annoying. I think it comes from the back inside of the cover.

Has anyone the same problem?

Thanks.

Regards

A very small thing, but it is slightly annoying that you need a screwdriver or similar to take the rear headrests off - I reverse mine when the childseats are in, and its fiddly to have to get a screwdriver for this job, when the previous ones used to simply pull out.

It's a completely stupid thing but I get really annoyed with the door mirrors unfolding when I've just unlocked the car to get something I left on the back seat and re-folding themselves when I lock it again.  If I could I'd programme them not to unfold until I start the engine but as far as I can see that isn't an option. (If anybody knows otherwise I'll be very happy to be corrected)

That the electric boot motor button won't close the boot from the drivers seat.....

This is easily programmable using vcds, as is boot opening and closing from the keyfob [emoji1]

Snet with speeling mistkaes from my phoen

• Like 2

This is easily programmable using vcds, as is boot opening and closing from the keyfob [emoji1]

Can you remotely open without power boot?

I suppose it might with stronger boot struts

Its a possibility, my combi boot needs lifting about a 3rd of the way up before the struts take over at the moment

• Like 1

It's a completely stupid thing but I get really annoyed with the door mirrors unfolding when I've just unlocked the car to get something I left on the back seat and re-folding themselves when I lock it again.  If I could I'd programme them not to unfold until I start the engine but as far as I can see that isn't an option. (If anybody knows otherwise I'll be very happy to be corrected)

You could always turn the automatic folding function off. I have, since I have to keep them folded anyway until I get out of the garage.

Only thing that really annoys me is the seeming complete lack of traction of my 1.4TSI Elegance when compared with my old Mk1 1.9 TDI.  I must have inadvertently spun the front wheels more times in 3 month of Mk3 ownership than I did in 9 years with my Mk1.  It's on the standard 17" wheels with Pirelli Centuro tyres with at least 5-6mm of tread left on them.

Only thing that really annoys me is the seeming complete lack of traction of my 1.4TSI Elegance when compared with my old Mk1 1.9 TDI.  I must have inadvertently spun the front wheels more times in 3 month of Mk3 ownership than I did in 9 years with my Mk1.  It's on the standard 17" wheels with Pirelli Centuro tyres with at least 5-6mm of tread left on them.

Are you in sport mode? I used to drive in normal mode but if I switched to sport mode I quite often spun the wheels because I wasn't used to the throttle sensitivity. I've decided to use sport mode permanently, so that I got used to the sensitivity. Now the wheels never spin. The fuel consumption isn't affected either. For the record mine has standard 17" wheels with Michelin Primacy HP.

Are you in sport mode? I used to drive in normal mode but if I switched to sport mode I quite often spun the wheels because I wasn't used to the throttle sensitivity. I've decided to use sport mode permanently, so that I got used to the sensitivity. Now the wheels never spin. The fuel consumption isn't affected either. For the record mine has standard 17" wheels with Michelin Primacy HP.

Nope.  Standard mode.  And as you'll see from my Fuelly sig - I'm averaging around 46mpg so i wouldn't call myself Mr. Leadfoot.  

Surprised no one has mentioned the CD changer in the glove box?!

In fairness I'm using the Bluetooth more and more now these days, but annoying all the same if you want to change disc.

• Like 1

Do people still use CDs in cars? I haven't had a CD in my cars since 2004.  :no:

I think the entire optical drive should be an option. I see no point of it taking space and adding weight and cost, since most people don't use them anyway.

Edited by kallekilponen
  • Like 1