Briskoda - Project Cars Thread

Ally_bassman

Not me :-( but I hope Amazon due their delivery a day early trick.

i used to like amazon sending them a day or so early 

but if i remember a high profile release was sent out early and it seemed to have stopped 

back in the days of play.com i would often receive games due on a friday on the tuesday wednesday 

I've given up on Amazon, I intend to return the game as soon as it arrives......

As I've just bought it from the PlayStation store and started it downloading it to my PS4 remotely! :sun:

Cannot wait to get home from work now!

Its not officially out in uk till tomorrow, usually xbox live and psn will still have the game locked out until then. But they may forget due to the European release being today, my Ltd edition version should be here tomorrow

Well my amazon was being a little ropey, I got an email saying it would be dispatched on Wednesday, this email was then retracted??

Tried to cancel but couldn't, so at present I've bought the game twice haha!

The digi version has downloaded and is marked as playable on my PS4 (It was down as May 7th for release date on PSN) So I got the limited edition car pack and the game for £45!

Cannot wait to get home and play it, got to go vote first though!

When the Amazon copy arrives I'll return it or sell it on.

Edited by Ally_bassman

• Administrators

:) Turns out my pc might be able to play it, i3 gtx660 is above minimum, just....

I was just about to pre-order it on amazon. Sony just pulled it from store and steam pc is 40 versus ams 24. Still mulling if I want a PS4 though... I don't want to upgrade pc at all!

:) Turns out my pc might be able to play it, i3 gtx660 is above minimum, just....

I was just about to pre-order it on amazon. Sony just pulled it from store and steam pc is 40 versus ams 24. Still mulling if I want a PS4 though... I don't want to upgrade pc at all!

You can alter a lot of the visual effects, so this may make it easier to run.

It's still available though the PlayStation store, I've just checked. Very weird release........ its seems that the digi download is a day earlier than the hard copy.

You know you want a PS4 Colin!

PS4 digital copy here. Had a quick go last night with a Clio around Oulton Fosters track. Be gentle with the cars, I'm using a controller and at first I was yanking the car around the corners, and kept turning in sharper than I wanted, going nose into the inside of the bend and spinning it.

Apparently the controller mode 2 is better to handle the cars. I know what I'll be doing to much of this weekend :)

• Like 2

I've had the game since it started being developed.

Bought in to fund the game.

I got weekly updates to the game, and it's been great to watch it develop from a basic engine to a game.

Only drawback is my PC deep down it cannot cope. But on basic settings I get away with it, now it's release ready I'll have another go hopefully it's 'optimised'.

Lap time fight - bring it on!

Day one patch addresses steering issues

Users are reporting cars not self centering after a left then right

Plus addressing graphical issues when motion blur applied

Along with numerous other fixes

450mb on ps4

250 on Xbox one

• Like 1

• Administrators

hehe well amazon ain't got enough, so a pre-order is sometime next week, maybe, possibly.

That seals it, out tomorrow, will swing by some shops on the way home :) or wait. I've never rushed in on release day for online games as I invariably spend a lot of time buffering as servers go up and down... but that's more mmorpg ones.

I do like these community games though, they appear to have a bit more about them. Like being able to get in and do, quite looking forward to the career challenges, once I've mastered it... hah

Well I've been playing P Cars for 2 hours and all i can say is WOW! Took an Aston Matin Vantage GT3 round Oulton Park and spun off on the second corner! You can really tell when the tires are cold lol! First impressions are impressive.

few handling issues at first aside 

amazing game 

great fun doing a longish race with day/night transition

not keen when it rains though 

a real hoot with friends online 

9/10 from me 

• Like 1

I've noticed that the Clio Cup cars suffer from real bad off throttle over steer, which is tricky.... not sure if its a glitch or handling characteristics. But I found the BMW Z4 GT3 car easier to hustle around Silverstone than the Clio!

Properly loving the game, had a 30 minute blast before work ha!

My setup is a very high spec PC, everything on maximum. Have a DFGT wheel and all hooked up to my TV. First thing I did was try a controller and went round Laguna Seca with a Clio. Unbelievably tail happy but once I was used to it was good fun. Then It switched onto the wheel and the karts. These are great! Hard work and a bit frantic on a wheel but good fun. Left traction and stability on initially, then as I got used to it i could take them off. What I really like is even in auto mode you can over ride gear changes. Handy for braking or cutting revs down a little in slippery corners.

Grip on first laps is interesting. Love how weather can change almost corner by corner and laptimes are suitably reflected. Being in karts for so long then getting chucked into a Focus is a shock. Handles like a pig! All assists off apart from ABS and I'm in the middle of the Caterham Academy. Slow but controllable and quite good fun.

There's bucket loads of adjustment for the wheel too which I haven't got into yet as I don't know where to start. Wouldn't mind getting some more feel.

Few niggles. Mainly the timer for practice or quali. You could be on the best lap you've ever done but if the timer runs out it cuts you off, rather than letting you complete it. Was infuriating the first time I found that out.

Loving it so far though.

My Amazon pre order arrived on the Friday. Awesome game / graphics. As said previously the karting takes a few goes to get used to the twitchy handling.

I noticed a bug whilst in 'free practice' mode. When leaving the pit, sometimes the car is at a standstill with no way of getting the car to move. Restarting the session sorts it.

• Administrators

Opted for the digital download, one less thing to clutter up the cupboard in ten years. Given I uncovered a box of PS1 games and controllers. Digital is the way of the future, although not as memorable.

Anyhow, wow this is twitchy and going to need a steady hand.... Then I began to experiment with the controller settings. Went from bad to worse and not bad... then decided to google as 'I cannot be alone'. Good posts on reddit etc with some configs, that just work. Except for carts. Not got the link to hand as on other machine today.

Chuffed I'm in the top 800 on a community challenge, bmw pro car around monza, finally got a 1:52.452 iirc. There is another second and a half somewhere.

Definitely some bugs, but nothing that has yet crippled me. I think I read a review that said the AI was a bit tame. They would drive away from you. Well can I have that copy please as I've lost count of the times I've been encouraged off. So much so I don't feel guilty returning the favour. Definitely a trait of the mid field, once past p6 it seems to get more gentlemanly.

Now to do some work ;)

ps, on ps4 (well lifes too short) as saoi1999 for and friend req's. Not signed up to the PS tax for online yet. That was a bit of a surprise and whilst I get it... should be free in first year as MS was with a new console ;)

• Like 2

I'm noticing more and more little bugs, not critical, but things that will make the game 'polished'

Little things like:

- Lights and wipers being auto turned off after pit stops. Annoying that I have to put them back on!

- When driving in the rain, the spray looks to be going through the car rather than over it/coming off it

- Karts are un-drivable with a controller, I skip them out altogether (Good job I'm not going down the single-seater career path)