UK delivery delays

hi all,

I'm awaiting for my TDi VRS in race blue with DSG to be built at some point this week according to my dealer.

I was initially told that delivery to the dealer would be 4 weeks after build, however after communicating with them yesterday my dealer has said they are currently experiencing delivery problems to the UK, he didn't elaborate more than that, just said he's still relatively confident that I'll have it within 4 weeks.

Has anyone else heard of this or been given more information by their dealers? I've read that their may be a problem with the ships?

hi all,

I'm awaiting for my TDi VRS in race blue with DSG to be built at some point this week according to my dealer.

I was initially told that delivery to the dealer would be 4 weeks after build, however after communicating with them yesterday my dealer has said they are currently experiencing delivery problems to the UK, he didn't elaborate more than that, just said he's still relatively confident that I'll have it within 4 weeks.

Has anyone else heard of this or been given more information by their dealers? I've read that their may be a problem with the ships?

4 weeks was a very,very optimistic call,more like 8 to 10 i would have thought.

I disagree, 4 weeks from build to delivery sounds right from when I got mine. Certainly wasn't 8-10, which sounds more like the length of time from order to build?

• Like 1

I disagree, 4 weeks from build to delivery sounds right from when I got mine. Certainly wasn't 8-10, which sounds more like the length of time from order to build?

Thanks for that, I did think 4 weeks was about right, no way it takes 8-10 weeks to get to UK.

I was in two minds when I ordered my car whether to go for the rallye green, after seeing the pics of your car I'm starting to regret going for the safe race blue!

It looks stunning.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I did think 4 weeks was about right, no way it takes 8-10 weeks to get to UK.

I was in two minds when I ordered my car whether to go for the rallye green, after seeing the pics of your car I'm starting to regret going for the safe race blue!

It looks stunning.

I remember going to the dealership undecided between race blue and the non metallic red. I thought the green wasn't great on the website so wrote it off. However playing with the swatches at the dealer and seeing a red Fabia I went for green - a surprise to the salesman but I am more than glad I did it!

It has been a while since I was waiting for my car, but mine sat at Emden for 3 weeks then a further 2 weeks at Grimsby docks. So from build to me getting it was more like 7 week. If I added in from order to build then nearer 13 weeks so you were one of the lucky ones!!

Mine was 18 days from build to delivery to the dealer, which I was very surprised at as I was gearing myself up for the obligatory 4 weeks.

End of Build week (11 I think), straight onto the train to Emden, onto the boat which arrived in Grimsby on the 17th March, delivered to the dealer late on the 1st April.

It seems to be pot luck.

I know one of the sales guys at the dealer where I got mine was waiting on a car that had been at Emden since the 3rd of March, and when I was there (Dealer) the week after I collected mine he was still waiting!

If I was the customer I would be creating merry hell.

I was cc'd in to an email from a Skoda Manager.. They are tearing their hair out due to the extreme delivery times from Grimsby to the dealer.some poor souls have been waiting over 30 days. Cars are stuck at Grimsby and not being shifted to the end user.

Its so frustrating as I've sold my car, thinking my new Skoda would be here in good time ( as per dealer promise). Now I have to drive around in my mothers spare 52 reg Fiat Punto ..boo

My car has finally arrived at my local dealership after being held up in Grimsby for an extra couple of weeks. According to the dealer, the delays are affecting all makes and models and further exacerbated by the Easter break.

Thanks everyone so far for commenting. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm not the most patient of people when it comes to new cars though!!!

Edited by flyingpigvrs

Looking at Marine Traffic.com the vessel known as the EMDEN arrived in Dublin port this morning. That bad boy, as we speak, is offloading VAG car after VAG car - here's hoping my VRS managed to squeeze onto it..!

I noticed it first stopped at Sheerness. Do VW tend to offload there while Skoda stick with Grimsby?

Looking at Marine Traffic.com the vessel known as the EMDEN arrived in Dublin port this morning. That bad boy, as we speak, is offloading VAG car after VAG car - here's hoping my VRS managed to squeeze onto it..!

I noticed it first stopped at Sheerness. Do VW tend to offload there while Skoda stick with Grimsby?

Yea, I've been tracking Emden for the last few days, my car was on it and according to the dealer they usually get the cars about 4 days after they're unloaded, they all get trucked to Baldonnel and distributed to the dealers from there so hoping to have my car for Friday next week.

• Like 1

How do you know the car is on the boat, left the factory etc etc, information from the dealer ?

Yea, my dealer told me when the car was built, when it was on the train, when it was on the boat etc etc.

The Emden is now on the way to Portugal. Surprising that Skoda UK are taking their time with you guys. I never would have thought that one of the final bottlenecks would be getting the car from the lot to the dealer..

Am starting to look forward to the car now after waiting for so long. I'm looking forward to the call.