DTUK Box

I have a DTUK box and pedal fitted in my 4 month old manual TSI VRS, box map 2-2, pedal 1-1, the fuel consumption is no different than standard but when you hit the loud pedal it really does fly (supposed to be just over 300hp and 100 more Lbft torque), the combination of the tuning box and the pedal is just fantastic.

Map 2 for the TSI is the newest MAP released in late February and I think you'd agree Butch definately the strongest too, +2 maybe a bit smoother I've not really set one up that finely, kinda instal tell the owner to go play oh and have fun.

Recommend anyone with an older software release talking to Andy about an update, its well worth the trouble.

Take some care with the Pedalbox settings Sport+3 can cause some EPC warnings when FULL throttle is applied.

I'm picking my new Octy tdi vrs up in a few weeks and I was looking at a tuning box, my old fabia vRS was remapped and I loved it. The problem is I've gone with a PCH deal, any advice?

If they found out during servicing what could they do? Plus I'm not planning on taking it to dealer but an approved garage, if that's allowed. I have to admit I have'nt checked yet.

Cheers,

Picking my new Octy up next week - on PCH. It states in the rental agreement that it must be serviced by a Skoda dealer.

As long as it's taken off before you take it in, then they will never know! I'm certainly thinking of getting one - DTUK show some amazing results on the 150 engine!

I'm picking my new Octy tdi vrs up in a few weeks and I was looking at a tuning box, my old fabia vRS was remapped and I loved it. The problem is I've gone with a PCH deal, any advice?

If they found out during servicing what could they do? Plus I'm not planning on taking it to dealer but an approved garage, if that's allowed. I have to admit I have'nt checked yet.

Cheers,

I use a service centre for mine, far better availability on dates you want rather than the dealers as dealers aren't really in it for the servicing work whereas the service centres only do this.

I used the Skoda Service Booking website too, worked really well for me.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

i got mine today stage2 very happy with it so far. Still experimenting with the settings though. Before i got it i asked my mate he's a skoda mechanic and he explained to me that these boxes are untraceable by the service unless you wont wait this magical 5 minutes before installing them. Basically before installing open the bonnet and take the keys out and if you use a keyless make sure its out of range and wait 5 minutes before installing also make sure you dont open any doors while waiting as youll have to wait again. If you install the chip without waiting the ECU will recognize what you unplugged and will store that info for the service to see

• Like 1

My only qualm and reason I never bit the bullet in the past is the relative cost....nearly 400 quid is quite alot of money for any tuning box....but they do work, give excellent results and Andrew the proprietor gives excellent support and frequents this forum quite a bit.

Something I will say to those with relatively new low mileage vehicles who feel the 184 TDI perhaps is not quick enough out of the box.....Ive just gone from a 25k mile 64 plate Golf GTD that has been to hell and back to a brand new one and the performance difference between the two is quite marked. The 25k mile car was a bit noisier and felt a touch looser but it was SOOO much more flexible......it would easily outdrag my 1.3k 65 plate car and I have been surprised at how inflexible and slow my new one feels right now. My old one could quite easily pull away from a stop in 2nd gear with little or no clutch slippage....the new one wants to stall....its completely dead below 1500rpm whereas the other one was way more tractable.

I can guarantee though that keen use and mileage sees these things open right up and definitely change character as they bed in.

• Like 2

i got mine today stage2 very happy with it so far. Still experimenting with the settings though. Before i got it i asked my mate he's a skoda mechanic and he explained to me that these boxes are untraceable by the service unless you wont wait this magical 5 minutes before installing them. Basically before installing open the bonnet and take the keys out and if you use a keyless make sure its out of range and wait 5 minutes before installing also make sure you dont open any doors while waiting as youll have to wait again. If you install the chip without waiting the ECU will recognize what you unplugged and will store that info for the service to see

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

My only qualm and reason I never bit the bullet in the past is the relative cost....nearly 400 quid is quite alot of money for any tuning box....but they do work, give excellent results and Andrew the proprietor gives excellent support and frequents this forum quite a bit.

Something I will say to those with relatively new low mileage vehicles who feel the 184 TDI perhaps is not quick enough out of the box.....Ive just gone from a 25k mile 64 plate Golf GTD that has been to hell and back to a brand new one and the performance difference between the two is quite marked. The 25k mile car was a bit noisier and felt a touch looser but it was SOOO much more flexible......it would easily outdrag my 1.3k 65 plate car and I have been surprised at how inflexible and slow my new one feels right now. My old one could quite easily pull away from a stop in 2nd gear with little or no clutch slippage....the new one wants to stall....its completely dead below 1500rpm whereas the other one was way more tractable.

I can guarantee though that keen use and mileage sees these things open right up and definitely change character as they bed in.

Agreed, the dieslels seem to loosen up around the 15k mark, or both mine seem to have. Fuel economy seems to start getting a bit better from that point onwards as well.

Perhaps VAG have a running in defeat device for the first 15k :)

Agreed, the dieslels seem to loosen up around the 15k mark, or both mine seem to have. Fuel economy seems to start getting a bit better from that point onwards as well.

Perhaps VAG have a running in defeat device for the first 15k :)

Haha yeah am starting to think VAG have a device for every purpose nowadays Andy :-)

• Like 1

Thought i will mention it in this topic. After few days of playing around with different settings on my box i decided i enjoy 1+3 the most but my concern was after reading tons of stuff online, that nobody uses +3 so i get on to DTUK customer service just to be sure. A very nice guy explained to me that in case of my car he wouldnt recommend anything above +1 because its most likely to give me some warning lights after a while due to the DPF. He said that +1 on any of 3 programs is completely safe. Now the thing i didnt ask is if it only applys to my car or all cars with DPF but i set mine to 1+1 and very happy with it.

Now another thing that he clarified for me was fuel economy. Ive read numerous post where people are clearly confused which program is the most economical one so i thought ill explain it as he confirmed my suspicions. Basically its all to do with the way you drive meaning there is no more economical program. The certain program will be more economical for you but it might be a disaster for me. So if you find one that works for you it doesnt mean it will work for your friend.

Hope that cleared some missunderstandings

Edited by Taxiturbo

Thought i will mention it in this topic. After few days of playing around with different settings on my box i decided i enjoy 1+3 the most but my concern was after reading tons of stuff online, that nobody uses +3 so i get on to DTUK customer service just to be sure. A very nice guy explained to me that in case of my car he wouldnt recommend anything above +1 because its most likely to give me some warning lights after a while due to the DPF. He said that +1 on any of 3 programs is completely safe. Now the thing i didnt ask is if it only applys to my car or all cars with DPF but i set mine to 1+1 and very happy with it.

Now another thing that he clarified for me was fuel economy. Ive read numerous post where people are clearly confused which program is the most economical one so i thought ill explain it as he confirmed my suspicions. Basically its all to do with the way you drive meaning there is no more economical program. The certain program will be more economical for you but it might be a disaster for me. So if you find one that works for you it doesnt mean it will work for your friend.

Hope that cleared some missunderstandings

I did the same regarding adjusting the box. IIRC it actually says to contact them if you want to do this the first time round and it would make sense because I was told it should not be run at +3 on anything when used on the vRS Tdi , other makes and models not sure but that's what I was told. My box is just the CRD-2 but it has deffo made it quicker, bags of torque and seems to generally improve overall driveability :-). As with loosening up, couldn't agree more with the above comments, over time it will get better as I have had a go in a mates vRS with 10K more than mine (2.7K) and I could tell the difference!

I have had one of these fitted to my vrs and had to have the car repaired under warranty ( engine cutting out,) removed the box and loom in under 5 min and the service centre connected their diagnostic unit up and it found no trace of having had the box fitted.

• Like 1

Anyone selling one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is yours a diesel? If so I was in contact with a guy who has a CRD-T "Trevor" box that's approx. 18 months old but in great condition. Its the twin sensor version offering around 240bhp on the derv. Let me know if interested and I'll contact him.

Has anyone with box done rotor or dyno test? On my first o2 2.0tdi pd I had a box and desided to do a dyno and 170hp was 157hp but the torque curve was like a wave with many flat spots..

Similar, I spent a baffled afternoon having fitted mine, doing test runs then wondering why my obd app kept returning standard figures.... Doh....

Always used to work on my chip, never clicked that the box doesn't alter the figures at the obd!!! We live and learn....