Show Us Your Ride - Past & Present Bike Pics

FUBAR

You're slipping Chris. No 1 check should be tyres. Only thing keeping you on the black stuff, well that n cake.

Looking forward to seeing n hearing the minus 1 and minus 2 cylinder bikes.

Oli, sounds like the steed is a proper tool. Get that new rear tyre scrubbed in.

Yeah I know and I allowed myself to be sidetracked by the coolant and the horn then having to stop because of the rain.  So when I went out I forgot.  I tell you it is an age thing.  I mean how can I remember  all the words from a 1960s song and not remember  why I walked into the kitchen?  Losing the plot.

Yeah I know and I allowed myself to be sidetracked by the coolant and the horn then having to stop because of the rain. So when I went out I forgot. I tell you it is an age thing. I mean how can I remember all the words from a 1960s song and not remember why I walked into the kitchen? Losing the plot.

Might buy you a pen and paper

Marvelous invention.

I use it often n it helps me no end.

Ahaa. I do, but it might be boarderline too loud? Its impossible to keep quiet. Just growls everywhere!

Ran it up to 8500rpm on the way back tonight. Where the factory set (you can adjust it yourself) gear shift indicator is set. Took some effort to hold on actually.

Been on the XR today?

Every day mate !!! Really getting into the wide bars, comfy suspension when you want it, ridiculous acceleration. A great package.

Sat morning I my chain clean n lube session with a cuppa n bacon sarnie in the man cave now. Getting a routine in place.

Yeah I know and I allowed myself to be sidetracked by the coolant and the horn then having to stop because of the rain. So when I went out I forgot. I tell you it is an age thing. I mean how can I remember all the words from a 1960s song and not remember why I walked into the kitchen? Losing the plot.

What about leaving a slice of cake by the tyre pressure gauge ?

Or would you try and assess the fluffyness of the cake instead ??

• Like 1

Every day mate !!! Really getting into the wide bars, comfy suspension when you want it, ridiculous acceleration. A great package.

Sat morning I my chain clean n lube session with a cuppa n bacon sarnie in the man cave now. Getting a routine in place.

Brill! It does sound good. I can really see the appeal.

Sat morning is the time i think! Im thinking of giving the T a good clean then too

What about leaving a slice of cake by the tyre pressure gauge ?

Or would you try and assess the fluffyness of the cake instead ??

'Leaving' a slice of cake?  That is about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  Why would anyone leave a slice of cake?  No I will tie a knot in something and then I will wonder why I have and then be even more baffled.  In fact I had to go to the shed 3 times to find the gauge and pump becasue I just could not see them anywhere.  They were of course hiding (in plain sight).

'Leaving' a slice of cake? That is about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Why would anyone leave a slice of cake? No I will tie a knot in something and then I will wonder why I have and then be even more baffled. In fact I had to go to the shed 3 times to find the gauge and pump becasue I just could not see them anywhere. They were of course hiding (in plain sight).

Im worries as you keep blaming such things on age.

I do these things and im 23.

What am i gonna be like when im 50 hahaa

Yeah I know and I allowed myself to be sidetracked by the coolant and the horn then having to stop because of the rain.  So when I went out I forgot.  I tell you it is an age thing.  I mean how can I remember  all the words from a 1960s song and not remember  why I walked into the kitchen?  Losing the plot.

Ah now that's where you went wrong. Your wife should be in the kitchen already and you then just put your order in, rather than risk walking there to then forget  ;)

Brave or stupid? Answers on a postcard. :notme:

Had planned to do a few miles today with air in the tyres.  Sadly the BBC have absolutely no idea of what the weather will be and despite them saying it would be dry all day in Louth it rained yet again.  Tomorrow looks worse but with a bit of luck they have it wrong again and it will be glourious sunshine and I can ride.

Brave or stupid? Answers on a postcard. :notme:

Had planned to do a few miles today with air in the tyres.  Sadly the BBC have absolutely no idea of what the weather will be and despite them saying it would be dry all day in Louth it rained yet again.  Tomorrow looks worse but with a bit of luck they have it wrong again and it will be glourious sunshine and I can ride.

It's given snow in Sunny Buxton. 

So yeah,,, don't hold your breathe maybe haha. 

If I hadn't have been able to find a Daytona the Street would have been next on my list,  I wouldn't be bothered about having a naked bike as I was toying with the idea of a cafe racer in the first place.  There are some good looking Streeets out there but they are still fetching quite a bit of money.

Meanwhile I have been looking at exhausts and contraptions to move the Tiger about in the shed so that both can be in there. 

I see it is possible with a bit of faffing to fit an underseat triple exhaust to the Daytona or just fit a high level one which looks far better than the torpedo tube it currently has.  I think that may have to wait a while until I have saved up my pocket money which will help with my diet!

Looking on youtube I have seen some of the bike movers for bikes with centre stands and they are all about the 60 quid plus mark.  I am sure looking at them that I could get someone local to make one up for less than that as all it is a bit of steel welded together with four caster wheels attached.  Having said that I am still a little doubtful that even if I moved the Tiger right up to the back wall (bearing in mind the door is at the front) whether or not there would be room to get the Daytona in and out.  So I think that will need a good dose of looking at before I decide one way or the other.  Even then it would be a PITA to use the Tiger as the Daytona would need to come out first.  Just a pity I couldn't have the shed the other way round so the bikes could go in at the end but where it is that wouldn't work.

I fancied a naked bike as a change. Try n slow me down abit perhaps. Fairings keep you well sheltered n cruising at 100+ is easy isnt it (actually comfier to cruise over 100mph than it was under 100 on the vfr) . Naked bikes make you feel the speed more, n you wouldnt want to do any prolonged high speeds on a naked would you haha. The T's fine at 90-100, but keep going faster n you dont wanna be there for long lol.

Get a high level exhaust! Thatll look great! Just be a link pipe and a bracket wont it?

Edited by fabiamk2SE

The duchess has a street triple, I absolutely love riding it. Probably the best all round bike I've ever ridden. Stonking engine, ridiculously light and you can make very serious progress on it.

• Like 2

The duchess has a street triple, I absolutely love riding it. Probably the best all round bike I've ever ridden. Stonking engine, ridiculously light and you can make very serious progress on it.

I do really like em.

Obv i couldnt have one cos you guys would never let me live it down after the last member that had one ;).

Nice! How do you find it?

Very highly rated bike arent they.

I absolutely adore her. I passed my test a year and a half ago and she's my first big bike. Was totally set on a bug-eyed Street.

Have ridden a few other bikes - Suzuki Gladius, Yamaha FZ8, 2000 Suzuki GSXR600, 2010 Speed Triple, 2015 Suzuki GSXS1000, Triumph T120. 

Basically none of them have compared to the Street. Like other people have mentioned-amazing engine, best handling i've experienced, lovely gearbox and the Arrow cans (with baffles out) make one of the best sounds around.

You do get battered by the wind at higher speeds, but it also holds you back from going bonkers fast. I don't have to hoon around on it though - I love riding it at any speed.

I absolutely adore her. I passed my test a year and a half ago and she's my first big bike. Was totally set on a bug-eyed Street.

Have ridden a few other bikes - Suzuki Gladius, Yamaha FZ8, 2000 Suzuki GSXR600, 2010 Speed Triple, 2015 Suzuki GSXS1000, Triumph T120.

Basically none of them have compared to the Street. Like other people have mentioned-amazing engine, best handling i've experienced, lovely gearbox and the Arrow cans (with baffles out) make one of the best sounds around.

You do get battered by the wind at higher speeds, but it also holds you back from going bonkers fast. I don't have to hoon around on it though - I love riding it at any speed.

Good to hear! Wouldnt mind a proper go on one tbh. I have ridden one, but not for long enough really.

I know what you mean about the speed. The Tuono is the same, n i like it like that. :).

Dream bike is probably a Tuono V4R, or maybe Ducati Diavel.

Can't do the sports bikes due to previous injuries to knee.

I knew a bloke who owned the v-twin Tuono. He said it was a beast - proper wheelie machine!  :devil:

Dream bike is probably a Tuono V4R, or maybe Ducati Diavel.

Can't do the sports bikes due to previous injuries to knee.

I knew a bloke who owned the v-twin Tuono. He said it was a beast - proper wheelie machine!  :devil:

The V4R is nice, very nice. Maybe next time, who knows haha. 175bhp on a naked bike would be absolutely nuts, but then there is anti-wheelie... traction control etc etc. 

Shame about the knee.. i think thats quite a common thing? seems to be plenty of people about like that anyway. 

Yeah it does like to wheelie. It also likes to try and stretch your arms. It's easy to ride slow though aswel, it'll chug around in 6th gear all day. 

Dont plan on swapping the Street Triple in for anythin just yet then? I hear the Speed isnt anywhere near as good as the Street? 

The old speed was a bit of a handful, you needed to muscle it around on the twisties.

By heck did it wheelie though, very entertaining.

The new 2016 speed is supposedly properly sorted and the best of the nakeds now. Looks the business.

When's the meet up chaps ?????

• Like 2

The old speed was a bit of a handful, you needed to muscle it around on the twisties.

By heck did it wheelie though, very entertaining.

The new 2016 speed is supposedly properly sorted and the best of the nakeds now. Looks the business.

When's the meet up chaps ?????

Ah really? Sounds mega! i would be tempted for one tbh. 

I'm easy matey. When dya fancy?