Show Us Your Ride - Past & Present Bike Pics

FUBAR

On her way from Australia.......currently somewhere between Adelaide and Singapore on the water....

img_2010.jpg

img_4311.jpg

And some of my past rides:

busa_o10.jpg

bird_110.jpg

gixxer10.jpg

• Like 2

As the 2 clowns above said, welcome to the madhouse ! Some nice rides there.

All you need to know is that Chris likes cake and Oli is a plumber - pretends to ride a bike but we have no proof yet....

Great bunch on here so get stuck in.

• Like 1

As the 2 clowns above said, welcome to the madhouse ! Some nice rides there.

All you need to know is that Chris likes cake and Oli is a plumber - pretends to ride a bike but we have no proof yet....

Great bunch on here so get stuck in.

And someone seems to have named the place after you :D :D. 

• Like 1

P7RbsyO.jpg

Me and my yoke last July in France up the mountains somewhere.

eEAvaX4.jpg

Having a bit of craic in Ballymore Eustace, Co.Kildare

qpYmW73.jpg

December in Co.Wicklow

• Like 1

H29TeVT.jpg

Glenmalure, Co.Wicklow giving my V-Strom a wash

sKS5Mrh.jpg

Up "The Gap" in Co.Wicklow a few years ago..........I made a big mistake selling that bike!!!

• Like 1

Very nice mate. Brilliant pics!

How do you find the GSA?

Is that the v-strom 1000?

I absolutely love the BMW, I can't get over how well it does everything and especially how such a large bike can mix it and have fun on twisty Sunday mornings with the sportbikes.

Yeah, the Strom was the 1000cc......it was my first "sit up" bike. I loved it and it was surprisingly fast (with a few modifications)

Hi ya..

I had a honda hornet 600 loved it.. done sprokets, springs, hugger, repainted white..

Then my lil girl came out said.. dont go iut daddy its dangerous.. when a 4 year old asks you not to have a bike with big brown eyes i never went on it again and sold it..

I have always had a hankering for a speed triple.. think they are lovely..

So i moved away from bikes and went racing in a mr2..

But now back sort of..

I have a hayabusa...... in a kit car weighing in at 480kg.. it may be a bit heavier than a bike but with it grip and geared down a bit to questionable speeds it happily sit on the tail of my friends cbr 1000

It entertwining grtting questions from 600s asking what the hells in thst because i left them

Its certainly entertaining.. anyone who has been in it is just.. well its strange because its a bike.. but not.. its a great cross over of the two

post-95480-0-34442400-1462086727_thumb.jpeg

post-95480-0-79894100-1462086741_thumb.jpeg

post-95480-0-71346500-1462086766_thumb.jpeg

Edited by pistol pete82

Serious tool there Pete! :clap:   I know what you say about family and bikes.  Family must come first but bikes are not dangerous.  It is only what people do with them that makes them dangerous.  I would imagine that the chances of survival in your kit car are slightly better than on a bike but not much more and once again that is down to what you do with it.

Having said all of that I imagine a ride in your car is a bit special.

Hi ya..

I had a honda hornet 600 loved it.. done sprokets, springs, hugger, repainted white..

Then my lil girl came out said.. dont go iut daddy its dangerous.. when a 4 year old asks you not to have a bike with big brown eyes i never went on it again and sold it..

I have always had a hankering for a speed triple.. think they are lovely..

So i moved away from bikes and went racing in a mr2..

But now back sort of..

I have a hayabusa...... in a kit car weighing in at 480kg.. it may be a bit heavier than a bike but with it grip and geared down a bit to questionable speeds it happily sit on the tail of my friends cbr 1000

It entertwining grtting questions from 600s asking what the hells in thst because i left them

Its certainly entertaining.. anyone who has been in it is just.. well its strange because its a bike.. but not.. its a great cross over of the two

Thats mega!

I bet its a handful at full chat? Proper drivers car!

Serious tool there Pete! :clap:   I know what you say about family and bikes.  Family must come first but bikes are not dangerous.  It is only what people do with them that makes them dangerous.  I would imagine that the chances of survival in your kit car are slightly better than on a bike but not much more and once again that is down to what you do with it.

Thanka .. you do feel slightly more protected eith the cage.. its not she doesnt like bikes it just in her head they they are dangerous..nshe is 9 now and still likes bikes but not allowed one..

Agree its what you do with it and watch full of everyone else.. hence why the kit car goes on track a lot...

• Like 1

Serious tool there Pete! :clap: I know what you say about family and bikes. Family must come first but bikes are not dangerous. It is only what people do with them that makes them dangerous. I would imagine that the chances of survival in your kit car are slightly better than on a bike but not much more and once again that is down to what you do with it.

I dno if it is safer to be in.

Id rather be chucked off and rolling about in a field, than crushed inside a car n not able to get out

I guess it just depends how the smash happens?

Anyway, lets not crash please, any of us!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie here but it's good to see there are a few bikers!

this is my current project

IMG_20160328_173147_zps75ditidj.jpg

It's based on a Ducati ST4, it has 1098 forks with a custom top yoke, a S4R swingarm, 848 brakes, a 999R front wheel, Hypermotard Evo rear wheel, 749 tank, a Radical Ducati seat unit with a custom subframe, a custom exhaust system and a one off radiator by Forge motorsport. It has taken me 2 years to get to this point and I've still got a long way to go...

my previous toys have included:

portimao7_zpsd953ad92.jpg

An Ex Guy Martin GSXR600 with a full Supersport spec engine which I used as a track bike

SpeedR8_zps2dac51aa.jpg

A Speed Triple R, I bloody loved this bike!

I've also had a couple of Street Triple R's, a DL1000 V-Strom and a 125 Varadero

• Like 1

Nice, especially the speed t - welcome on board.

Sure plumb bob square pants will be along shortly to say hello.

Just one thing - we only mention street triples here very very quietly and never mutter those words 3 times in a row.....

Cheers guys

Im intrigued as to how the ST4 project thingy might end up!

well the original inspiration for the project was this

radical-ducati-9-1-2-half-3.jpg

Radical Ducati's 9 1/2 Race Bike, the plan is to build my take on a road legal version but using slightly more modern components

Edited by RampantBadger
  • Like 1