Show Us Your Ride - Past & Present Bike Pics

FUBAR

So here she is back home to join the TEX. As usual it rained for the journey but thankfully not as much as when Oli fetched his AND I only had 15 miles to do. So she will need a bit of a clean up and a good look at so I can see what is what and then PLAYTIME! :clap: :D

IMG_20160413_163704210_HDR_zpsosn1hit3.j

Very nice mate!

How was the ride back other than the rain? Was it good to be back in the sporty position?

Hi Oli.  No it was weird with all the weight on my wrists after all these years of riding sensible bikes BUT I will get used to it and adapt so it isn't a problem and when it gets too much I will stop for cake. :D

I have just took out a multi bike policy with a different company after mine wouldn't insure the new bike.  They were useless in the extreme and I think I would have binned them anyway.  Each and every time you ring up you get put through to the wrong department.  Rubbish to deal with and they have lost my custom even if they are the cheapest in future.

Hi Oli. No it was weird with all the weight on my wrists after all these years of riding sensible bikes BUT I will get used to it and adapt so it isn't a problem and when it gets too much I will stop for cake. :D

I have just took out a multi bike policy with a different company after mine wouldn't insure the new bike. They were useless in the extreme and I think I would have binned them anyway. Each and every time you ring up you get put through to the wrong department. Rubbish to deal with and they have lost my custom even if they are the cheapest in future.

Cant beat a good excuse for cake can you haha.

Ah thats a ballache. Who was your insurance company mate?

Well i had a little time after work today to give it a quick clean. It was only a quick clean but its made it respectable enough for a pic or two!

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

Dude that looks awesome ! Bet you are well chuffed ?!

So here she is back home to join the TEX. As usual it rained for the journey but thankfully not as much as when Oli fetched his AND I only had 15 miles to do. So she will need a bit of a clean up and a good look at so I can see what is what and then PLAYTIME! :clap: :D

Looking good Chris ! Just need to get it cleaned now !!!

Dude that looks awesome ! Bet you are well chuffed ?!

Cheers! 

I am. It still needs a proper clean to my OCD standards, but that might happen on saturday morning whilst i wait for somebody to come and pick up the Givi panniers. 

To ride, its just mental. Properly fast. Even as low as 4k rpm it just wants to pull your arms off. Completely different beast to the VFR. 

So here she is back home to join the TEX.  As usual it rained for the journey but thankfully not as much as when Oli fetched his AND I only had 15 miles to do.  So she will need a bit of a clean up and a good look at so I can see what is what and then PLAYTIME! :clap: :D

Looks like a minter Chris. I bet you're chuffed :thumbup:

Edited by littleade
  • Like 1

Well i had a little time after work today to give it a quick clean. It was only a quick clean but its made it respectable enough for a pic or two! 

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

That's a nice bike. I bet it'll attract a crowd when ever you stop 

• Like 1

That's a nice bike. I bet it'll attract a crowd when ever you stop 

Thanks, very kind :)

I dno to be honest.. i havent stopped anywhere yet.. im still too obsessed with the going part. Thundering off... haha

TBH it's the first one I've seen a picture of other than in the mags so I'm guessing they are quite rare too?

Theres a few about mate. Just people tend to go Jap or to Triumph for naked bikes. 

It's the RSV Mille engine.. so 133bhp. Mines had a smaller sprocket on the front to make it better in town as first gear is very high (which i quite like actually. Theres no up the gearbox to 4th for 30mph.. its just in second, easy) and running the race map. So probably somewhere about 140bhp. The engines are supposed to be bulletproof, as they're actually Rotax engines. 

It's a complete giggle so far, i have to say. 

Welcome to the world of the big twin  :sun: smooth they are not, but fun they definitely are. I really like the engine braking and torque they have, makes overtakes a lot less frantic 

• Like 1

Welcome to the world of the big twin :sun: smooth they are not, but fun they definitely are. I really like the engine braking and torque they have, makes overtakes a lot less frantic

its great isn't it?

Id always wanted another V-twin since i got rid of the SV. that was nice.. But not quite enough power. Twice the power seems to of sorted that...

So the plan was to clean it check it and then ride it.  OK it has rained so it hasn't been cleaned.  Checked it and found out that the horn didn't work and that the coolant needed topping up.  Looked at the radiator to make sure I hadn't missed any damage the other day when I looked and it has stone chips but no sign of leaks.  But while I was there I noticed a bracket that had nothing hanging off it.  On closer inspection there was a couple of wires with nothing attached and of course when I tried the horn I realised why it didn't work!

As luck would have it I put a second one on the TEX some time ago because the standard one is more kitten than Tiger so put it on the Daytona and hey presto I now have a working horn.  I know the guy I bought it off has done hardly any mileage on it and it could well be that he has never used it and it passed the MOT in February so one would hope it was checked then!  Anyway all is now good to go apart from the rain!

Other than the other week when that old git in a Mini backed into me I cannot recall the last time I have had to use the horn so I shall just accept that it is one of those things and fixed for nothing.  My bad as I should have checked everything when I looked.  Brake lights were checked as were the other lights but the horn was not obviously.  Reminder to self do it better next time.  I know the coolant wasn't that low as the temperature gauge was working and never went high on the trip home so I shall keep an eye on it and check for leaks.

Now the weather has improved I have been back outside and had the rider's seat off and see that the fill marks for the expansion tan are under there and not under the pillion seat. Look in the manual and it isn't clear!  So it isn't short of water but I will keep an eye on it anyway.  Dried up a bit here and it is warmer outside than in so I may just have to take it for a spin while it is mucky and clean it another day.  Sounds like a plan.

Top stuff. You would wonder about the horn wouldnt you aha. Atleast its working now.

Go out n have a play ;).

Im trying to get hold of a Fireblade side stand. The one on the T is shocking and apparently a fireblade one will go straight on. Found one off an Aprilia shop. £69 though. For abit of metal? Wtf?

Said id get back to him on that...

Put 50 miles on her after filling the tank up.  I have no idea what she will do on a tank full so I suppose the only way is to run her until the fuel light comes on and then brim her again.

Good ride on dry roads getting used to the feel.  The suspension is way too hard though and nearly knocks your fillings out!  Need to have a look at that.  Also while I was out I realised I was way laid this morning with the horn and coolant business.  Meant to check the tyre pressures but never.  Got back home and when they were cold checked them and they were way down.  Once upon a time I would have been on top of all that stuff but getting older does make you forget stuff easily and I 'think' I have checked everything this time.  Water is spot on, oil is OK but will be changed and now the tyres are checked and OK.  Just need to check the brake pads but to be honest that isn't something I usually do myself as I prefer to pay someone to do brakes for me rather than take a chance on me screwing it up.

So another run tomorrow with everything checked and correct and an excuse to get out for cake me thinks!

You're slipping Chris. No 1 check should be tyres. Only thing keeping you on the black stuff, well that n cake.

Looking forward to seeing n hearing the minus 1 and minus 2 cylinder bikes.

Oli, sounds like the steed is a proper tool. Get that new rear tyre scrubbed in.

• Like 2

We like the odd bit of anti social.

Ahaa. I do, but it might be boarderline too loud? Its impossible to keep quiet. Just growls everywhere!

Ran it up to 8500rpm on the way back tonight. Where the factory set (you can adjust it yourself) gear shift indicator is set. Took some effort to hold on actually.

Been on the XR today?