YORKSHIRE MEET - Saturday 30th May

We discussed this over us 'addocks and cups a tea

We live in West Yorkshire

You, in South Yorkshire

The Post Office in only a short distance for you in South Yorkshire, for us a slight trek, but one we don't mind

So...to keep the South Yorks contingency happy.........Why not alternate

You arrange one in South Yorks one month

We arrange one in West Yorks the next

Discuss please guys

Chris, we never have a south York's meet, it's always travelling. 

That's why the post office was so good for us

I guess it's just our location is short of members

We will travel... We're used to it

Careful with Ferrybridge as they charge for parking over two hours, think its only two.

Squires Cafe Pub isnt it over towards Selby, further out.

Redbeck Cafe Wakefield, never been so no idea what its like.

Great replies and interest and thoughts , the s/ Yorkshire meet was well attended why not build on that

, how many went to last meet , how many went to the las s/y meet , there was a diversity of cars at the s/y meet , even a few newbies

Somewhere off the M1 or M62 would be my preference. Doesn't really matter about travelling distance but when havering to go through Huddersfield and Bradford or Leeds then travelling time can soon become well over an hour each way, if it's off the motorway then even from Shefield or Chesterfield you can be most places in under an hour.

I think the issue with us Southerners.... Is that yeah it's not too bad if it's just at the one site eg the chippy but when the meet then involves a drive further North that is when it becomes too much.... I wouldn't expect you guys to travel down to Sheffield and then go further South to Chesterfield etc..... which is roughly what it equates to. Also don't forget yeah you travel down to the Post Office meet..... Which is pretty much as far North as you can go in South Yorkshire with people travelling from South Sheffield, Rotherham or Doncaster probably travelling as far as you guys did from Leeds/Halifax areas.... Somebody travelling from South Sheffield or from say Doncaster would have had in the region of around a 15-30 mile trip just to get to the Post Office... So to expect those people to nearly double the length of their journeys would be like asking you to attend the meet if it was in South Sheffield etc....

I've said it before and i'll say it again..... Why do we need to have the just the one meet for such a vast geographical area? or alternate meets? Why not have the West Yorkshire meet and also a South Yorkshire meet? 

If i'm honest i never though the Post Office was the best geographical location for the South Yorkshire meets anyway.... I know i was one of the one's that suggested it as i had attended meets there previously with uk-polos.net but at the time it was about the best and car club accepting place available. I think a more central location for the South Yorkshire meets is required maybe around Rotherham as it is pretty central for Sheffield, Barnsley and Doncaster even though it would mean a longer journey for myself it may attract more South Yorkshire members to attend.

Just my 2p worth.....

• Like 2

Makes sense Dave

Maybe a West Yorks, South Yorks, North Yorks Meet section would be the way forward with an organiser for each

Damo? We need a Mod working with Colin on that one..Please?

I don't think it needs a seperate section for each meet does it???..... The East Midlands section has the meet threads for the monthly East Mids meet and the monthly Lincs meet???

I think the date needs consultation on as my request was ignored . Not all of us work Monday to Friday . I only get 12 weekends off a year

I wouldn't mind attending but like a Alan unfortunately I don't work council hours Monday to Friday and have to book a Saturday off in months and months in advance on the plus side I do have a white car [emoji106]

• Like 2

I've generally had no option but to travel some way to the various meets. The first one I went to was in Harrogate, so only a 20 mile round trip, which I thought was great. Unfortunately that was the last one held there, and the next one was in Rishworth at 100 miles - a bit of an increase. As that wasn't a regular event I started going to the East Midlands meet - even further at 135 miles for the evening!

I really enjoyed the Guiseley & Billy Bobs afternoon, but generally I'd prefer weekday evenings as, if I'm free, they don't cut into family time the same way weekend events do. Having said that Whitby is a bit too far for an evening run so I'd make an exception there :)

Regular meets are hard to establish. A few of us tried to get one going in East Yorkshire as there seemed to be quite a bit of interest from around there. The first meet had around a dozen of us. The next month it was down to four and I couldn't make the third one - which just had one person turn up :( I'd still prefer regular meets as they can be put in the diary well in advance, and SWMBO doesn't give me grief when I announce I'm out for the day!

I'd like to  say that a few month ago on a Sunday night I picked up blueR36 ( Alan ) and we went to the Stretton Fox on the M56 ( Jnt 10 on the M56 almost in Wales) for a meet. (200 mile round trip)

Wasn't a great turn out buy Hey, we turned up

• Like 3

I have been away down the south coast for three weeks so did miss the last meet.I liked the convoy drive out to Billy Bobs. As an Old Geezer I need nurse to let me out from time to time. I live in Doncaster therefore prefer that area but have travelled to different locations. Move it around and check the best turnout.

Wow ok things got complicated while I've been away haha

I hope the meet went well last time at Guiseley, again apologies for not being able to attend it personally.

There is a lot of discussion over location and the date.

Blue R36 I can't recall your actual name for the life in me at the moment though I think it's Andy?

Anyways, you are not the only one that works at weekends I assure you I try to take as much consideration as I can to let people plan in advance as I have always apart from this month put the next meet up a couple of days at the most after the last one.

I work 2 jobs and very rarely get any time off at all so you have my sympathy believe me, everytime I organise and attend one of these meets I take time off work to do so.

Last time was not an option because I was working a wedding function for 200 people doing a 12 noon-2am shift.

My solution that I propose is this:

Yorkshire is a big place and I realise it is not fair to expect people from different parts of Yorkshire to travel to out particular side so to solve this one I propose we find a central location in Yorkshire therefore making it as fair on everyone as possible because if it's in the middle it's not too far in any direction to not be a Yorkshire meet :)

Secondly, regarding the date I am open to suggestions on dates but the highest attendance has always been at weekends in my mind as that's when most people (myself not included) have the most free time.

Yeah people work weekends as I myself do but it's hard trying to figure something out that works for everyone.

I will make sure there is a poll for the date everytime now I just started sticking with the last Saturday of the month as it worked, was memorable and people seemed to like it as attendance rose significantly with a continuous meet which was a complaint from some people when I first joined.

You are more than welcome to PM me with ideas or concerns and I will try to be more vigilante upon checking the website on a daily basis. Just been a bit mad the last couple of weeks with me moving into my first home and trying to get everything sorted but I guess that's no excuse, apologies.

I will research locations as often as I can and report back with any that I find are more suitable distance wise for the entire of Yorkshire rather than just the west.

Many thanks

Hope to hear from you soon

Craig

• Like 2