Trevorb33's Fantasy Green Fabia 1.8t Sleeper

TrevorB33

Back from my mates body shop, over the moon he's done an awesome job, colour match is spot on,

Most of front and rear bumpers sprayed as was just repairing corners and headlights polished :)

Was like this before, had scrapes that had been poorly covered with what looked like tipex lol made it look even worse

814123B1-72B1-4BD7-969C-CDA104FECB8F.jpg

Now looks like this

AEC8EFC6-BB61-47A1-861B-E5736A66ADB4.jpg

8262B173-3B1D-446D-9ADF-48AA48441403.jpg

10000652-4832-4407-BB24-ACC527C5AD39.jpg

EEA776C0-DBAF-4B3C-BFBA-8A6B6B98D5AA.jpg

85B73F4D-D6E1-4BF7-A953-B11FC24A2131.jpg

Also changed the rear wiper blank for a proper Perspex one instead of rubber

19AD35E2-3C36-47E4-BFF8-A93DFC83406B.jpg

And fitted a Skoda badge to airbag :)

8F695624-136A-4615-91E8-B2D5CE7C9C06.jpg

• Like 4

front bumper doesnt look like it sits flush on the near side :p

haha only kidding, to be honest ive never seen one sit perfectly after the bumper has been removed once! hahah

looks good!

• Like 1

No mate harewood house VW fest is my last for year most likely, off on holiday for two weeks in sept too

damn i was hoping to jump in to see how these seats feel! :P

• Like 1

Cam belt day today until rain and wrong tensioner stopped play, good to see it had been changed in 2012 as I had no service history, and had a metal impeller water pump fitted, though that was leaking slightly so good job I'm changing it,

See the pink stains

2B5250C4-43DD-402C-A307-A04F2B22B818.jpg

Now waiting for a new kit from euro to continue play tomorrow, got one coolant pipe to change and battery box to change for an enclosed type, and a few other engine bay goodies this week :)

What was wrong with the tensioner? Excess metal fouling the engine mount?

The actual tensioner was the bolted version and the adjuster was bigger and holes didn't line up, they have stopped making this kit now apparently cause of problems, getting a continental kit for same price which was good of them

What was the price difference? I'm going to be getting it next week so don't want to get the one you got first time. Managed to get the loom out the dash on mine, what a ball ache.

Did you order the IDA kit first time?

What was the price difference? I'm going to be getting it next week so don't want to get the one you got first time. Managed to get the loom out the dash on mine, what a ball ache.

It's the only one they list on website, I went through eBay where there getting rid of old stock apparently, Strange I just looked and they only seem to list a ina one for £148 and doesn't include water pump, so looks like I've had a right result