Skoda Superb Diesels to use Adblue?

Took my vRS in for its MOT last Saturday and asked about the Superb III and when they might have one in to test drive, etc.

The dealer told me that the Superb Diesels will have Adblue and that they are advising all their customers that this is the case.

Anyone else heard similar?

Doesn't really bother me as I want a 280 DSG Estate anyway  :)

H

• Like 1

No great shakes - it's either SCR (Selective catalytic reduction) or EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) to get within the Euro 6 limits.

The 2.0 CR diesel in the SEAT Alhambra already has SCR and AdBlue (small tank in the boot).

Isn't Adblue expensive though Coops?

If bought in bulk, no. But the general motoring consumer isn't buying in bulk so probably around the £2 to £3 per litre mark I think. You can get a 10L container for about £20-£30 from some motorway services, perhaps bit cheaper from a dedicated supplier.

• Like 1

I've read the manual for the MkIII posted in another thread and yes, it mentions Adblue, so certainly some models will have it. The manual is not specific about which models certain options cover though.

• 2 months later...

I have never heard of this Adblu before now.  Reference is made elsewhere  it may need topping up in between services, that I would say would depend on the servicing schedule, regular or variable. This  Adblu seems  expensive, so what determines how much is used, mileage ,time duration ,or what?. Where and in what is it stored in the vehicle. Shame if the 190 Diesel needs it as the performance of that engine is so much better than the  150, in terms of M P G, acceleration and possibly, Co2  emissions. I was in favour of it over the 150 but the Adblu might  throw a spanner in the works.

Adblue can be bought for around 59p per ltr so hardly expensive, there is an additional (blue) cap right next the fuel cap so much easier to fill than the Yeti etc.

Driving style will determine how much is used.

I have never heard of this Adblu before now.  Reference is made elsewhere  it may need topping up in between services, that I would say would depend on the servicing schedule, regular or variable. This  Adblu seems  expensive, so what determines how much is used, mileage ,time duration ,or what?. Where and in what is it stored in the vehicle. Shame if the 190 Diesel needs it as the performance of that engine is so much better than the  150, in terms of M P G, acceleration and possibly, Co2  emissions. I was in favour of it over the 150 but the Adblu might  throw a spanner in the works.

As others have mentioned, the cost is very minimal. According to the manual, a litre of AdBlue gets you around 800 to 1,200 KM range depending on the type of driving and your style of driving. At ~60p a litre, the cost is almost not even worth thinking about. The range between fill ups is so huge that even the inconvenience is really minimal. The benefits are good though as it helps reduce the tail pipe emissions. Like you say, the 190 is about equal in MPG and CO2 as the 150 but the performance difference is quite big so you can see how much of a positive improvement AdBlue makes.

Only 150 that uses adblue is the 4x4

This ^^^

1.6 TDI 120PS          - NO

1.6 TDI 120PS DSG  -NO

2.0 TDI 150PS          - NO

2.0 TDI 150PS DSG - NO

2.0 TDI 150PS 4x4 - YES

2.0 TDI 190PS         - YES

2.0 TDI 190PS DSG - YES

2.0 TDI 190PS 4x4 - YES

• 4 weeks later...

Picking up my new Superb L&K Hatchback DSG 190PS on 5th. October. Retired MV Technician, can't understand the fuss about ADBlue, the cost is minimal ( I think prices quoted in previous posts are quite accurate ). No need to visit dealers for top up. Purchase one top up container from a dealer and when empty cut off the bottom ( as close as you can ) you then have a top-up funnel. This has a screw top that incorporates a cut off so you can't over fill. On the Skoda you are informed on Maxidot  the min and max ammounts to add to tank,  ( how accurate this is will be on my vehicle I don't know yet )

Picking up my new Superb L&K Hatchback DSG 190PS on 5th. October. Retired MV Technician, can't understand the fuss about ADBlue, the cost is minimal ( I think prices quoted in previous posts are quite accurate ). No need to visit dealers for top up. Purchase one top up container from a dealer and when empty cut off the bottom ( as close as you can ) you then have a top-up funnel. This has a screw top that incorporates a cut off so you can't over fill. On the Skoda you are informed on Maxidot  the min and max ammounts to add to tank,  ( how accurate this is will be on my vehicle I don't know yet )

Or better still find a forecourt that sells it via the pumps.