Superb Order tracker

Would be good to hear peoples thoughts as I guess we are all having same experiences as below!!!!

FACT- I ordered in July.....

FACT- it took days to get an order number.....

FACT- I still have not got a confirmed date.....

FACT- my dealer said he would prefer to over deliver so prefer to give a late date....

if like me you have bought new houses costing considerably more then why and how do they give dates and meet them?....is it lack of confidence or reluctance or incapable of delivering promises?

are we the DISMALAND of the car world as buying a car does not seem the pleasurable experience it should be? Did anyone see a SKODA there?????

Thoughts anyone?????

The last 3 new Skodas I've ordered have all taken around 3 months from signing to delivery. Any quicker is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Just try to relax and don't get wound up about it. It will happen and stressing will ruin the experience for you needlessly.

If it looks like it's going to be longer than 3 months.... Well that's the time to worry :-)

• Like 1

Would be good to hear peoples thoughts as I guess we are all having same experiences as below!!!!

FACT- I ordered in July.....

FACT- it took days to get an order number.....

FACT- I still have not got a confirmed date.....

FACT- my dealer said he would prefer to over deliver so prefer to give a late date....

if like me you have bought new houses costing considerably more then why and how do they give dates and meet them?....is it lack of confidence or reluctance or incapable of delivering promises?

are we the DISMALAND of the car world as buying a car does not seem the pleasurable experience it should be? Did anyone see a SKODA there?????

Thoughts anyone?????

hmmm... I could have written this myself, word for word. I actually used a very similar "bough a house" comparison to the people I order mine with.

Apparently, so I'm told, Skoda UK are having issues with the ordering process... all to do with the costings software bit between dealership/Skoda UK/factory - effectively, where they set the discounted price the dealer gets (versus what we pay and therefore their margin). Must reiterate, this is what I've been told by my VDMC (Vehicle Dreadful Management Company) who were quoting the dealership..

Never had a Skoda before... am impressed by what I've seen & read on their developments over recent years and therefore admire the Czechs & Germans for their work. Unfortunately, in just 3 months of "observing" Skoda UK's activities on this new launch, am finding them to be an utter unprofessional mess on quite a number of areas... poor planning, poor internal & external communications, shocking lack of QC on new brochure & same on configurator... etc etc.

On a positive note, they don't have anything to do with the manufacture of the cars.. so unlikely wheels will fall of after a week!

I have to agree, the cars are pretty good but Skoda UK is the equivalent of - not changed for a month, in very hot weather (somewhere else) PANTS!!!!!!!

Edited by Claymore

FACT- I ordered in July..... So did I, but SUK didn't accept orders for TSI models until late in July (obviously doesn't apply to your 190 diesel).

FACT- it took days to get an order number..... DaysIt usually takes 2 weeks from ordering to get the SLI number, so if you got an SLI number (as opposed to an irrelevant order number) in days you should count yourself lucky.

Any order number is simply a reference used when your dealer sends your order to Škoda UK. They check the order complies (i.e., it doesn't include non-available options, financing, etc.).

As well as the vehicle specification and options it includes where the vehicle is to be delivered, when the dealer wants it delivered by, and how urgent (the latter two are probably ignored unless exceptional circumstances, i.e., for emergency services).

Acting as the import agent, Škoda UK then sends the order to Škoda in the Czech Republic.

Only once it reaches the factory is an SLI number generated and this is sent to the originator, your dealer, not Škoda UK. It is placed on Škoda's server which Škoda UK and most dealers can access for updates - if they know the SLI number.

A decent dealer will notify you once they have the SLI number and keep you updated, otherwise you need to chase them up to get that number as quoting the SLI number is the only way Škoda UK Customer Services can check for updates (but as I said, a decent dealer should already be doing that for you).

FACT- I still have not got a confirmed date..... Do you mean the Build Week at the factory?

Others who have placed orders in July or start of August have been given unconfirmed build weeks ranging mostly between end of September to early October for both diesel and petrol.

To reiterate what I've said elsewhere, confirmed means it will be built the specified week and unconfirmed means it will be built no later than the specified week. The only bad response is "build week not yet assigned", but that should only arise if the order has only just recently arrived at the factory or you've specified an option/paint that is in short supply.

Two examples of this were (both in 2011)...

A VAG-wide shortage of estate panoramic sunroofs which became so acute it was removed as an option for a while.

Following the Japanese tsunami Rosso Brunello cars were "postponed" because that particular paint was sourced from Japan.

FACT- my dealer said he would prefer to over deliver so prefer to give a late date.... Well, that's down to your dealer's spiel. Mine said "It's a new model and it could take up to four months but we'll let you know when we know." And they did.

As Nick_H says, 3 months is the norm for a new factory ordered Škoda so you're realistically looking at October and any earlier is a bonus.

Probably no consolation, but four years ago you would have been looking at 6 to 12 months for a new Yeti as the Škoda factory could not meet demand (they bought a former Lada production plant in Russia to produce them in greater quantity).

The last 3 new Skodas I've ordered have all taken around 3 months from signing to delivery. Any quicker is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Just try to relax and don't get wound up about it. It will happen and stressing will ruin the experience for you needlessly.

If it looks like it's going to be longer than 3 months.... Well that's the time to worry :-)

Nick_H if only it was 3 months I have an unconfirmed delivery of 5 months from order.....so its time to worry :-)

• Like 1

hmmm... I could have written this myself, word for word. I actually used a very similar "bough a house" comparison to the people I order mine with.

Apparently, so I'm told, Skoda UK are having issues with the ordering process... all to do with the costings software bit between dealership/Skoda UK/factory - effectively, where they set the discounted price the dealer gets (versus what we pay and therefore their margin). Must reiterate, this is what I've been told by my VDMC (Vehicle Dreadful Management Company) who were quoting the dealership..

Never had a Skoda before... am impressed by what I've seen & read on their developments over recent years and therefore admire the Czechs & Germans for their work. Unfortunately, in just 3 months of "observing" Skoda UK's activities on this new launch, am finding them to be an utter unprofessional mess on quite a number of areas... poor planning, poor internal & external communications, shocking lack of QC on new brochure & same on configurator... etc etc.

On a positive note, they don't have anything to do with the manufacture of the cars.. so unlikely wheels will fall of after a week!

Thanks Didorx. Between you and Billyjim I have had more communications in the last 12 hours than a month from SUK. This will be my second Skoda after having last one written off for me and I have no issue with the quality of car. Its the support network. I expect top companies to have quality in all they do not just their core business and quite frankly their communications to customers and customer service is in need of an overhaul. You will definitely like the car when you get it as I did.

As Nick_H says, 3 months is the norm for a new factory ordered Škoda so you're realistically looking at October and any earlier is a bonus.

Probably no consolation, but four years ago you would have been looking at 6 to 12 months for a new Yeti as the Škoda factory could not meet demand (they bought a former Lada production plant in Russia to produce them in greater quantity).

Thanks Billyjim. I have had more communications from you and Didorx than anyone else. I am not sure whether I have an order number or an SLI. I dare not ask but at the moment I am looking at unconfirmed December delivery so I am at the bottom of their list of customers. I even had an email from SUK advising that my decent dealer will contact me frequently with updates. Guess how many calls I have since that email? I will remain positive and lets hope the confirmed dates are a vast improvement.

Nick_H if only it was 3 months I have an unconfirmed delivery of 5 months from order.....so its time to worry :-)

Ouch ! I hope that's not the case or we may all be in the same boat ! My dates not confirmed yet ... Ah well.... Its only time for me. The value of my trade wont alter so not the end of the world.

Dealer has told me that my car is allocated build week 42 which is 3rd week in October but he hoped it would move forward a bit.  Personally, I'm pretty relaxed about it all - I'd actually rather have it a bit later than earlier as it gives me more time to get excited!

• Like 1

Thanks Billyjim. I have had more communications from you and Didorx than anyone else. I am not sure whether I have an order number or an SLI. I dare not ask but at the moment I am looking at unconfirmed December delivery so I am at the bottom of their list of customers. I even had an email from SUK advising that my decent dealer will contact me frequently with updates. Guess how many calls I have since that email? I will remain positive and lets hope the confirmed dates are a vast improvement.

Hi Billyjim I have just spoken with SUK customer services and they advise that order number and SLI are one of the same? Do you know if the process has changed recently?

Hi Billyjim I have just spoken with SUK customer services and they advise that order number and SLI are one of the same? Do you know if the process has changed recently?

The information I gave you came from SUK during a long conversation about options for the UK market and part of the conversation was explaining the ordering process. I had an order number but it meant nothing to them and I contacted the dealer to get the SLI, which was different. 

The information I gave you came from SUK during a long conversation about options for the UK market and part of the conversation was explaining the ordering process. I had an order number but it meant nothing to them and I contacted the dealer to get the SLI, which was different. 

Thanks Billyjim Could it be some of SUK do not know either and we have identified a training issue? Another peculiarity is that weeks ago I was told to ring SUK for an update but today I was asked to ring the dealer could it be the same issue I wonder. I don't like doing this as they only look on a system and it is not their fault. If there are any SKODA personnel reading this and can advise I would love to be corrected....or maybe we should have a new thread on the end to end order process????

Thanks Billyjim Could it be some of SUK do not know either and we have identified a training issue? Another peculiarity is that weeks ago I was told to ring SUK for an update but today I was asked to ring the dealer could it be the same issue I wonder. I don't like doing this as they only look on a system and it is not their fault. If there are any SKODA personnel reading this and can advise I would love to be corrected....or maybe we should have a new thread on the end to end order process????

Guys!

Am I a lucky one here or am I expecting some bad news? As stated above I ordered my car on the 10 Aug. I was given a advisory build date and order number the next day. Currently the build week is 38 which = 14th Sept build week. I have been told it takes a week to build and 2 weeks to ship and take delivery. So all in all I'm looking at 8 weeks. I can't believe that people who ordered in July have to wait till November? That doesn't sound right to me. I also rang up Skoda UK who were actually helpful. They confirmed my order and advised that in most cases orders get brought forward rather than delayed?

I was also told by my dealer that each dealer has a allocation week, and Rainworths is week 38. Not sure how true that is?

Am I a lucky one here or am I expecting some bad news?

Probably not...

Ordered 6th July...

280 L&K Hatch

Update 11/8/15: BW41 (5-9/10/15) Not confirmed (meaning it could move forward, according to SUK).

Just spoke with Škoda UK and my build week has changed to BW39 "unconfirmed". As we're about to enter week 36 I really don't envisage it being any earlier. BW should be "confirmed" by end of next week.

Guys!

Am I a lucky one here or am I expecting some bad news? As stated above I ordered my car on the 10 Aug. I was given a advisory build date and order number the next day. Currently the build week is 38 which = 14th Sept build week. I have been told it takes a week to build and 2 weeks to ship and take delivery. So all in all I'm looking at 8 weeks. I can't believe that people who ordered in July have to wait till November? That doesn't sound right to me. I also rang up Skoda UK who were actually helpful. They confirmed my order and advised that in most cases orders get brought forward rather than delayed?

I was also told by my dealer that each dealer has a allocation week, and Rainworths is week 38. Not sure how true that is?

Hi Tony congratulations and well done. I don't think you are in for bad news as I am told Skoda like to over deliver so may well come forward. I think I must be out of favour somewhere I reckon its because the insurance company are paying not me as it is a replacement for write off. Also means I have no leverage so cannot take my order to another manufacturer or dealer. I only want a firm date to make plans but alas no so am working to next Easter till told otherwise. Meanwhile my registered disabled wife has to struggle with hire car as we particularly picked the Superb for its ingress and egress capabilities. I do think there is something in what you say about allocation week or something similar and maybe rationed to a limited supply. Something I will bear in mind for any future cars as I will ensure I have firm date before parting with money as it does certainly appear that dealers have some sort of prioritisation rules that we are not aware of...

Hi reedfarmer,

I've bought 2 superbs, and have ordered a Mk III. You seem concerned about the communications and the order process, naturally as you're waiting to get a replacement car and having to deal with all the inconvenience of not having a car suitable for your needs. 

There has been consistency in my experience with my dealership and Skoda.

An order number is generated when a dealership places an order internally to VW Group UK Ltd. I was able to call Skoda customer services and they understood the order number I got from the dealership - I always ask for a copy of their internal order to guarantee that at that point, at least the dealership ordered exactly what I requested. The internal order showed the order number.

Personally, I believe and SLI number and order number might be the same thing based on this article: http://www.t-systems.co.uk/abouttsystems/the-fifth-time-s-a-charm/433468 - which describes the New Vehicle System, the core of which is an application call SLI "It includes functionality for order processing and generating shipping documents, invoices, registration papers and status updates tracking each vehicle’s journey around the globe."

Once an order is placed it will be some 2-3 weeks before it is slotted into the factory sequence and a build week is known. This is horrendously complex, may be adversely impacted by one component or option, and I would LOVE to know how it works. Perhaps there is some control in the system to allow one dealership to have priority - but I am sceptical of that because it doesn't sound efficient at the factory end. 

After the car is built, the dealership should get notified and were able to tell me. Then assume 2 weeks to get from factory to dealer, then perhaps a week internal in the dealer's own network (where do they store cars before it reaches the showroom for example) and some time for checking, getting plates made up and fitted, etc.

On my first two MkII Superbs it took just under three months from the point of the dealer taking my order to the point where I was able to collect the car. 

On the MkIII it looks like it will be much the same again.

Despite it being one of the most expensive things we buy, once the dealer has placed the order on the system, your car is nothing but a bundle of components in a massive logistics puzzle that is juggling the needs of thousands of customers all over Europe. It's pretty amazing it works as well as it does, and given the quality / cost of the Skoda models, they are worth waiting for.

A few observations:

• I don't believe you'll ever get a firm date before parting with your money on a factory order - unless perhaps you part with a great deal more money and buy at the end of the market where this might be possible! In any case, you're laying out £500 deposit on the order - nothing more until the car is ready for you.
  • If you want it on a firm date, buy it from stock - I appreciate you can't in your case, but you're going to get a brand new updated model as as replacement.
  • It's possible that your car may be lower priority in the system than a new car for a repeat customer at a dealership - but again I'm not sure it makes sense for Skoda to do that - the factory logistics will be king as every possible efficiency they can make is money saved for Skoda.
  • It sounds like you've had the same experience as everyone else that's ordered a MkIII - but your personal circumstances make it less palatable. From what I've read, it doesn't sound like Skoda has treated you/your order any less well than any other at this point.

I hope it works out and whatever the unfortunate circumstances of the write-off, you get to enjoy the new car when it arrives.

• Like 2

Probably not...

Just spoke with Škoda UK and my build week has changed to BW39 "unconfirmed". As we're about to enter week 36 I really don't envisage it being any earlier. BW should be "confirmed" by end of next week.

By comparison, my order went the Skoda UK on 6th August and I'm BW40. That there's only a week difference at the end compared to a month different at the beginning is might be down to the factory holiday?

By comparison, my order went the Skoda UK on 6th August and I'm BW40. That there's only a week difference at the end compared to a month different at the beginning is might be down to the factory holiday?

6th July is a slight misnomer.

6th July is when I placed the order with the dealership. The actual order was processed by SUK on 21st July, being the first date they accepted Superb III TSI orders (allegedly).

Hi reedfarmer,

I've bought 2 superbs, and have ordered a Mk III. You seem concerned about the communications and the order process, naturally as you're waiting to get a replacement car and having to deal with all the inconvenience of not having a car suitable for your needs. 

There has been consistency in my experience with my dealership and Skoda.

An order number is generated when a dealership places an order internally to VW Group UK Ltd. I was able to call Skoda customer services and they understood the order number I got from the dealership - I always ask for a copy of their internal order to guarantee that at that point, at least the dealership ordered exactly what I requested. The internal order showed the order number.

Personally, I believe and SLI number and order number might be the same thing based on this article: http://www.t-systems.co.uk/abouttsystems/the-fifth-time-s-a-charm/433468 - which describes the New Vehicle System, the core of which is an application call SLI "It includes functionality for order processing and generating shipping documents, invoices, registration papers and status updates tracking each vehicle’s journey around the globe."

Once an order is placed it will be some 2-3 weeks before it is slotted into the factory sequence and a build week is known. This is horrendously complex, may be adversely impacted by one component or option, and I would LOVE to know how it works. Perhaps there is some control in the system to allow one dealership to have priority - but I am sceptical of that because it doesn't sound efficient at the factory end. 

After the car is built, the dealership should get notified and were able to tell me. Then assume 2 weeks to get from factory to dealer, then perhaps a week internal in the dealer's own network (where do they store cars before it reaches the showroom for example) and some time for checking, getting plates made up and fitted, etc.

On my first two MkII Superbs it took just under three months from the point of the dealer taking my order to the point where I was able to collect the car. 

On the MkIII it looks like it will be much the same again.

Despite it being one of the most expensive things we buy, once the dealer has placed the order on the system, your car is nothing but a bundle of components in a massive logistics puzzle that is juggling the needs of thousands of customers all over Europe. It's pretty amazing it works as well as it does, and given the quality / cost of the Skoda models, they are worth waiting for.

A few observations:

• I don't believe you'll ever get a firm date before parting with your money on a factory order - unless perhaps you part with a great deal more money and buy at the end of the market where this might be possible! In any case, you're laying out £500 deposit on the order - nothing more until the car is ready for you.
  • If you want it on a firm date, buy it from stock - I appreciate you can't in your case, but you're going to get a brand new updated model as as replacement.
  • It's possible that your car may be lower priority in the system than a new car for a repeat customer at a dealership - but again I'm not sure it makes sense for Skoda to do that - the factory logistics will be king as every possible efficiency they can make is money saved for Skoda.
  • It sounds like you've had the same experience as everyone else that's ordered a MkIII - but your personal circumstances make it less palatable. From what I've read, it doesn't sound like Skoda has treated you/your order any less well than any other at this point.

I hope it works out and whatever the unfortunate circumstances of the write-off, you get to enjoy the new car when it arrives.

Hi Mike many thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I can confirm that Skoda UK have said the order number and SLI is one of the same. Not sure whether this has changed recently? I am very impressed with the Superb and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the MkII that we had so we know it will be worth waiting for. My issues are the order experience to date of the order process. It should be pleasurable not frustrating. The order was placed on 21 July but despite several calls and emails to the dealership requesting the SLI number they did not return either until I rang Skoda UK. It was then weeks before I was told it was an unconfirmed build week of 45 but may go back or forward. (not much use but it would have made more sense if it was the latest or worst case date- it is not?). I was told that if I ring Skoda UK they would update me on progress but they later emailed me to say the dealership would update me. Not sure why I have to ask the dealer to read the system plus it was contrary info to what was previously told to me. 3 weeks went by and no update until I contacted Skoda UK and now we have in place a weekly update but have been told its likely to remain the same for many weeks. It is still currently unconfirmed build week 45 which seems weeks behind reports on this forum? Skoda advise me that it is the dealers responsibility to update customers on progress but the dealer cannot answer any questions the customer has which seems we have to blame the messenger in every case. Not sure thats fair? I note your comments about firm date and would be happy if the date I had was worst case but also it is not so I am confused as to its worthiness. I have not been told that I am any different to a repeat customer, thought I was, as the circumstances of the order are not relevant to Skoda and ordering was the same but as you say I maybe and it is just another example of poor communications. If they manage build week 45 then it will be 5 months which is not a similar experience to others. I will enjoy the car when it arrives but I am not enjoying the order experience.

Just ordered ours today, via coast2coast.

Superb SE L Executive Estate - 150 TDI 4x4 Manual

Candy White

Black leather interior

5 yr warranty

With following options:

Colour maxi dot trip computer

Front parking sensor

Media Command

Rear view camera

Smart light assist (includes Blind Spot detect)

Smartgate mobile phone interface

Travel assist with traffic sign recognition

Heated washer nozzles

Heated windscreen

Towbar with electric swivel function

Backrest release 

Front/rear floor mats 

Heated rear seats

Isofix attachment on front seat 

Net partition 

Sunblind for rear side windows

Variable boot floor 

Crew protection assist and rear side airbags 

Hill hold control 

18" Pegasus alloy wheels 

Space saver spare wheel

Rough Road Pack (although not sure this will actually be possible)

Fold Flat Front Passenger Seat

Vehicle sale price: £26,514
  • Like 2