Comfort closing of windows with key fob

Hello all

I have just received my Fabia 3 combi and noticed that I can not close the windows with the key fob

Do anybody know if it is possible to enable via Vcds. I can't seem to find instructions on it..

Best regards

Alex

Hello all

I have just received my Fabia 3 combi and noticed that I can not close the windows with the key fob

Do anybody know if it is possible to enable via Vcds. I can't seem to find instructions on it..

Best regards

Alex

Apologies Alex, but we don't think it's possible. (primarily due to the fact that only the driver's side window has a built in motor to automatically wind up/down the windows with one pull/press of the switch.

Apologies Alex, but we don't think it's possible. (primarily due to the fact that only the driver's side window has a built in motor to automatically wind up/down the windows with one pull/press of the switch.

Hi Dilz,

Interesting you make that comment as on my SE L the drivers window does not have the one pull/press switch. I think this has been commented on else where in the forum

The dealers pointed this out when I took delivery and commented that this was a surprise to them.

John

Hi Dilz,

Interesting you make that comment as on my SE L the drivers window does not have the one pull/press switch. I think this has been commented on else where in the forum

The dealers pointed this out when I took delivery and commented that this was a surprise to them.

John

Neither does mine. I could be wrong but I believe it's only possible if you also have the rear electric windows.

Hi Dilz,

John

How intriguing... Maybe you're right and it has to have all electric windows (which mine does).

I have tried enable all the settings in VCDS regarding windows and remote/key fob. I even found a setting in the infotaintment giving the opstion to select window convinienc, but nothing happens.

Not even the driverside window want's to be controled fia the key.

Perhaps it's just one of the things that's made so it does not outshine the VW Polo with fancy features.

• Like 1

Neither does mine. I could be wrong but I believe it's only possible if you also have the rear electric windows.

Yep, you're wrong.

Maybe needs possible to activate on vcds.

The mk2 will do it if you hold down the unlock button, then back up witg the lock button.

Having rear electric windows doesnt matter. If you have front ones, obviously only the fronts will come down.

I had a look in ETKA and the PR code for electric windows in the Fabia 3 is 4R3 and the description says "Power windows with comfort operation" leading me to belive it is possible...

It seames wrong to remove the feature as it was in the MK2 so it's nothing new, but VAG is not always easy to understand.

what a downgrade from the previous mark :|

i have noticed that in my estate there is no single push/click to open or close the windows, just the driver window

I hate to say it, but I really rather like the "basic" functionality of the electric windows in my Fabia SeL. Many cars that have the one-push open/close feature I have found very frustrating - as a passenger (not owner). Unless you comply with the wildly varying operating procedures between different car manufacturers you wind up shouting at the button because you can't open the window a little bit! Or close it a little bit! I don't like having to read an instruction manual or have some Mr Bean person say "It's one push, you have to press and hold and then pull up if you want to open it a BIT. And you have to pull up and hold and then push down..." etc etc before I can operate a bloomin window!

At least in the Fabia, when you push down on the button the window opens until you let go. If you know that's how the thing works, and you lock the car expecting all the windows to know about it and go into Bat Mobile Lock-Down, then you deserve to have it stolen you lazy people!! (I don't really mean that).

But, really....its an electric window not a nanny!

• Like 1

Sorry but I have to disagree, in the past I’ve owned Ibiza mk5, fabia mk2, and now mk3 estate

my wife is driving a focus sedan 12, and before that corolla 09

my father in law owned corolla 12 and now upgraded to Yeti

in all of the cars I’ve mentioned above (obviously besides my mk3 estate) it was really simple, a slight push/touch if you want manually adjust the window height and a longer push to bring it down/up automatically, furthermore I’m pretty sure that due to this fact the comfort closing with the key fob is disabled

• 3 weeks later...

Been looking into this also...

I actually thought it would be possible?

http://www.skoda.ie/brochures/Documents/pricelists/FABIA_COMBI_PRICE_LIST_2015.pdf

This brochure states under Style model "Front and Rear electric windows with comfort operation"

Mine is a style model, but only the driver side window has the "double click button", rest of the windows are single click.

what a downgrade from the previous mark :|

i have noticed that in my estate there is no single push/click to open or close the windows, just the driver window

replace the other 3 buttons with same type of button. I don't think this is a motor issue. get the dealer to confirm.

replace the other 3 buttons with same type of button. I don't think this is a motor issue. get the dealer to confirm.

Nope that won't work. Each door has a controller linked to the canbus which is linked to the type of switch. I do suspect that comfort closing is possible regardless of whether one touch windows are present are not. After all the keyfob has to be pressed AND HELD to close the windows, so there is little risk of someone being injured. Mark IV Golf had comfort closing without one touch closure on all windows. It is just a matter of knowing the correct coding with VCDS to enable.

Nope that won't work. Each door has a controller linked to the canbus which is linked to the type of switch.

So replace the other 3 controllers to match.. this ain't rocket science.. it's a car company taking shortcuts..

• 2 years later...