Girl in need with catalogue of issues so looking for compensation

Hello.

I would just like to start with how much I appreciate this forum and yes I have only just registered but I have been visiting the forum on a daily basis, it as helped me in so many ways about information and making decisions on the car which I purchased from new (3 months of ownership) but unfortunately I have been unlucky and I have had no end of problems with the car so have I have decided one of two things to either reject the car or see what Skodauk or dealership can do about compensation.

Now the big question is what can actually be offered in terms of compensation, so I would appreciate feedback from people who have recieved compensation or anyone who might know anyway. If you prefer not to post it as a comment for everyone to see could you kindly send me a PM instead.

The reason I'm really keen to find out is because there nothing more that I hate having to haggle or beg without knowing what the limits might be that can be offered, I know a lot depends on the issues itself but that aside most companies have set limits regardless of the problem.

I have been reading in general that they ask you what you would be after first (so basically playing games so that they might get away with giving you less than they would have done by seing what you say first)

Many many many thanks in advance

What are the issues ?

Has the dealer attempted to repair it/them. I seem to recall from elsewhere (not a motor vehicle) if repairs have been attempted, the vehicle (item) cannot be rejected.

Edited by DonjSZ5

Have you had a case open with Skoda UK since the start of your issues, and if applicable have you also informed the finance company.

If you can get the finance company on your side you stand a much greater chance of being successful. At the end of the day, they own the car, and if the goods are not of satisfactory quality you can put serious pressure on them.

Any compensation due will probably depend on;-

• The nature of the problem(s)
  • Any financial consequences you have suffered
  • The amount of inconvenience it has caused you
  • Whether or not the dealer or Skoda have attempted (or had the opportunity) to resolve the issues for you

Also, as a general good-complaining tip, never just say "I want compensation" and leave it open. Say "I want you to do X to resolve the issue"

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a Case Raised with Skoda UK.

Do you have a Customer Services Manager @ Skoda UK Milton Keynes you are dealing with as a Handler between you and the Dealership 

and is there an Area Warranty Manager dealing with the Issues your vehicle is having.

Do you have it all in writing between you and Skoda UK as the Agent for the Manufacturers Warranty.?

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Hello.

I would just like to start with how much I appreciate this forum and yes I have only just registered but I have been visiting the forum on a daily basis, it as helped me in so many ways about information and making decisions on the car which I purchased from new (3 months of ownership) but unfortunately I have been unlucky and I have had no end of problems with the car so have I have decided one of two things to either reject the car or see what Skodauk or dealership can do about compensation.

Now the big question is what can actually be offered in terms of compensation, so I would appreciate feedback from people who have recieved compensation or anyone who might know anyway. If you prefer not to post it as a comment for everyone to see could you kindly send me a PM instead.

The reason I'm really keen to find out is because there nothing more that I hate having to haggle or beg without knowing what the limits might be that can be offered, I know a lot depends on the issues itself but that aside most companies have set limits regardless of the problem.

I have been reading in general that they ask you what you would be after first (so basically playing games so that they might get away with giving you less than they would have done by seing what you say first)

Can you catalogue all you car's problems.

What dealer actions have taken place in regards to the problems.

Have you generated a Case No via Skoda CS UK

What actions have Skoda done?

Edited by vrskeith

Yes a case is open with skodauk, in terms of the issues involved I don't really want to go into them at the moment, I was just wanting to get a general idea of what sort of things they are know to have offered before. Yeah I know a couple of you have mentioned it depends on what issues are and I know that it the case but I wanted to find out what people have been offered in general just to get an idea.

Thanks for replies so far though

I understand you not wanting to go into it,

and there are cases of cars that were rejected and returned to Skoda UK and confidentiality agreements were signed.

These were where Fundamental Design & Manufacturing and Quality Control issues are known and the Manufacturer 

does not want a case in a UK Court in England / Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.

I know the details of some of these buy backs and compensation, 

but then there are Confidentiality Agreements in place.

Hopefully you get your issues sorted out, 

but then you are likely to then Sign a Confidentiality Agreement and tell none of us.

Vorsprung Durch Technik. The Volkswagen Group Way.

Keep it out of the Courts, no Expert Motor Engineers reports made public, do a deal, shut them up, and onwards and upwards, it never happened,

move along now, nothing to see here.

• Like 3

I'm shocked that no one has asked if she's hot or not........This forum must be getting serious.

As for the problems, trading standards should help, as for compo, probably only if you've been out of pocket due to the on going fault. I would imagine as a good will exercise a free service or two would be offered.

But really this question is like asking how long is that piece of string, without more information it makes it hard for advice to be given.

I am more suspicious of, is it a Student, Researcher, Loss Adjuster, Nosey Person or such doing some research and joining and ask questions from forum members,

rather than if it is a male or female hot or not.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 3

I'm sure this is a genuine case, but without any meat on the bones there is no real way of giving you an idea of what is possible.

Compensation ranges from 1lt of oil through to replacing the car with 3 years complimentary servicing. Really depends on the problems & how they were handled :)

Any reason to lead you towards this being genuine or just a feeling in your water.?

Easy enough to cut out any doubt, we do not know the new member,

so just a clue towards what the issues are that have a Mk3 Octavia being Rejected and why Compensation might be due seems harmless 

enough.

After all Skoda UK Customer Services Managers are never looking at Briskoda.

I bet Tom Chadwick, John Good & Dan Wilson & others would never think about wasting their time.

There is somebody that should if still in post.

David Allen

Head of Customer Quality and Network Development.     * 01908 548000,   *08457 745 745

Skoda UK

Yeomans Drive

Blakelands

Milton Keynes

MK14 5AN

Edited by goneoffSKi

I am more suspicious of, is it a Student, Researcher, Loss Adjuster, Nosey Person or such doing some research and joining and ask questions from forum members,

rather than if it is a male or female hot or not.

There not much I can say to prove im none of those and just asking for help from people who may have been in the same situation and can appreciate the stress is comes with and knowing where you stand makes it a little bit less daunting.

I fully understand, i have helped along with other Briskoda Members rather a lot of Briskoda Members and others over the past 2 years with failures of 

Skoda Fabia MK2 vRS 1.4 TSI Twincharger Engines, and with VW, Audi & Seat where they needed proof and evidence to take when going for Legal Advice and in preparation to proceed with Court Actions against Skoda or the VWG being raised in Scotland.

Happily most if all have not needed to go to court,

Skoda and VW assume the position, do the right thing and the thing legally they knew they have to under UK / EU Consumer Rights.

While Skoda / VW try to get an individual to believe an issue is rare and just a one off,

forum members can share experiences and assist others.

(some have Confidential Deals and can not share, and some deals are rather nice, i have a big mouth,

so obviously i am the last person likely to be told secrets. Well usually.)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced

Search

briskoda consistent treatment engine replacement.

Lots of Goodwill Gestures,  Expenses Covered, Extended Warranties, then those that are told,

off you go, do not annoy us and waste our time.

http://revotechnik.com/support/technichal/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

There is the Audi 2.0 TFSI Oil Burner issue that had Radio 4 Money Programme and BBC Watchdog covering 

it recently, after several years of the Motoring Journalists and Motoring Media ignoring it,

other than Honest John that is.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Ok im in a similar situation: and HAVE been asked what i would like as form of goodwill gesture. Tbh i couldnt think, as i never expected to be in this situation and being compensated was the last thing on my mind. SUK said they will get back to me with a package.

Now i hate saying this, i dont wanna be this person! ... But my next door neighbours daughter is a 'big wig' for VW in N.I and has taken a keen interest in my 'wait', and on me relaying my situation and my apparent lack of interest in being compensated she in no terms told me to catch myself on!! Ive been told to factor everything in my case. EVERYTHING. Taxi's, getting up early for work every day, missed overtime, all lifestlye inconviences...selling a v good car. Basically impact and inconvienance and cost.

At the end of the day some people dont wanna rock the boat, and some people are happy to say nothing. Easy going, laid back. Some people are aggressive and go for everything owed them, (like my Neighbour) but when its spelled out to you they are usually correct, and why should you not be compensated?

My advise is the same i was given, write down everything that has impacted you negatively with dates and costs etc and look at it honestly.

I feel a bit embarresed tbh to say this all down the phone to a man or women who is the same as myself, only going in to do a days work, i may just let my neighbours daughter make the call!

But.. If youve been hard done by and its not your fault dont be affraid to go for it.

Fingers crossed SUK do me right.

• Like 1

I can not link the thread, but have a look at it.

by

vrskeith  consistent treatment

All expenses and losses that you can honestly say you incurred, travel expenses, loss or income if this was due to the behaviour or failures of a franchised dealership or customer services of the manufacturers importer in the uk,

(and then the gestures like an extended warranty when a vehicle is repaired and you have lost trust in it.

costs them little if they have faith in the repairs they have had done.)

Loss of value of a vehicle and interest or lease payments are obviously a big expense and getting a 'Loss Adjuster' to represent you can be worth while.

Independent Engineers reports can be charged to the Manufacturers if they were not having the checks and reports done properly.  But there are Fundamental Design , Manufacturing, Component Quality Control or Workmanship 

and they know there is, but just continue to pretend the issues do not exist, but you can show they know they are there.

ie

World Wide Recalls, which are only to World Regions where Government Agencies mean they get on with them,

while the UK / EU get a Service Campaign or Secret Service Campaign.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I can not link the thread, but have a look at it.

by

vrskeith  consistent treatment

All expenses and losses that you can honestly say you incurred, travel expenses, loss or income if this was due to the behaviour or failures of a franchised dealership or customer services of the manufacturers importer in the uk,

(and then the gestures like an extended warranty when a vehicle is repaired and you have lost trust in it.

costs them little if they have faith in the repairs they have had done.)

Loss of value of a vehicle and interest or lease payments are obviously a big expense and getting a 'Loss Adjuster' to represent you can be worth while.

Independent Engineers reports can be charged to the Manufacturers if they were not having the checks and reports done properly.  But there are Fundamental Design , Manufacturing, Component Quality Control or Workmanship 

and they know there is, but just continue to pretend the issues do not exist, but you can show they know they are there.

ie

World Wide Recalls, which are only to World Regions where Government Agencies mean they get on with them,

while the UK / EU get a Service Campaign or Secret Service Campaign.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/312300-vrs-mk2-engine-replacement-are-all-customers-getting-consistent-treatment-from-skoda-uk-anddealersips/

• Like 1

If you live in the UK, you need to understand where your legal contract is and then what influence Skoda UK can have.

If you bought your car on any form of finance the car belongs to the finance company until the last payment and they have to under the supply of goods act provide a car of satisfactory quality. They can offer repair. It the car is repaired and still continues to fail again not of satisfactory quality and you can reject the car.  Within the law the finance company are within there rights to only give you market value for the car - had this done to me.

Paid for the car in full, the car belongs to you and your contract is with the supplying dealer and again they have to prove under the supply of goods act they have supplied a car of satisfactory quality, Within the law the dealer are within there rights to only give you market value for the car.

Extract from the supply of goods act 1979 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54#commentary-c1108905

(2)Where the seller sells goods in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the goods supplied under the contract are of satisfactory quality.

(2A)For the purposes of this Act, goods are of satisfactory quality if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances.

(2B)For the purposes of this Act, the quality of goods includes their state and condition and the following (among others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—

(a)fitness for all the purposes for which goods of the kind in question are commonly supplied,

(b )appearance and finish,

(c )freedom from minor defects,

(d)safety, and

(e)durability.

Skoda UK can act as a go between for you and provide goodwill payments, but are not legally responsible.

Compensation as below.

Purchased from new,  and 3 months of ownership.

So the Market Value part is going to get the Dealership no place, because what they sell 3 month old Demonstrators for or the asking price might sometimes be rather high.

But getting what you paid back a new car at the price paid 3 months previously is going to be worth going to court for,

so what they might only need to offer within their rights is not what anyone needs to accept.

Now if they offer a new like for like vehicle at no extra expense, they might be getting some place.

If the car Is financed through VWFS then could this lead to a conflict of interests? It appeared the case for me as VWFS were very dismissive of any issues the car had to point I was told I should accept it as it was....(lower my expectations somewhat).

Point is when a car purchased years ago (mazda) was on finance that had repeated problems which the dealer failed/could not be bothered to fix I rejected said car. As the finance company was purely 3rd party they pursued the dealer vigorously to the point where the dealer had a sudden change of heart and said car was repaired within 2 days.

Complain correctly and stand your ground.

Everything in writing backing up any phone call conversation. This is a must in my view. Quoting the relevant Case No at all times. Copy to your Dealer and Skoda CS UK,keeping both in the loop.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1