What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

I didn't actually do anything to it other then take my bike for the longest run it's had since new last Sunday - me and my mate went to the Moto GP at Silverstone  :thumbup:

A very long but top day out with Marquez crashing right in front of where we were sat and Rossi winning a great race.

Felt like I'd been dragged though a hedge backwards yesterday morning after leaving home at 05:15 on Sunday morning & not getting home until 20:30, over 300 miles, bad weather  :rain:  & 6.5 hours on a sports bike doesn't half take it out of you  :D

• Like 1

I didn't actually do anything to it other then take my bike for the longest run it's had since new last Sunday - me and my mate went to the Moto GP at Silverstone :thumbup:

A very long but top day out with Marquez crashing right in front of where we were sat and Rossi winning a great race.

Felt like I'd been dragged though a hedge backwards yesterday morning after leaving home at 05:15 on Sunday morning & not getting home until 20:30, over 300 miles, bad weather :rain: & 6.5 hours on a sports bike doesn't half take it out of you :D

A good day by the sounds of it mate.

My dad went. Said the start was quite something different! If 1 person had fitted wets they coulda had poll position or something :D

Well, not exactly today, I have just bought a new(to me) set of Brembo M4 monoblocks for my Tuono. Full front setup with lines/master cylinder and full rear setup for a bargain £205!!!

Can't wait to fit them :D  

• Like 2

Well, not exactly today, I have just bought a new(to me) set of Brembo M4 monoblocks for my Tuono. Full front setup with lines/master cylinder and full rear setup for a bargain £205!!!

Can't wait to fit them :D

That's bloody cheap.

He's down to the last few that will touch him anyway. He insures the bike, 2 months later cannot afford the payment so it gets canceled then reinsures with another company. When he was insuring the old GSXR he was literally down to the last 2 people on the search engines that he didnt owe money to already. 

He's down to the last few that will touch him anyway. He insures the bike, 2 months later cannot afford the payment so it gets canceled then reinsures with another company. When he was insuring the old GSXR he was literally down to the last 2 people on the search engines that he didnt owe money to already.

Ouch!

Premiums are huge anyway then!

I guess the 'have you had insurance previously declined or cancelled?' Question is a killer

Finally got new tyres fitted, after being sodded about by the fitters.

Still, it did save me £30 :)

Yet to put the wheels back in but that should be done on Saturday.

Of course, I'll have to take it out and test it ;)

Thought you were in the trade. Obviously not as a mechanic then. So is that for you or for work?

Just for me really. I already know one end of a spanner from the other (self taught) , do my own servicing and have done full bare frame strip and rebuilds on a few bikes, but I want to improve my skills and knowledge, and getting a bit of routine back into my life one day a week can't be a bad thing. Couple of before and after pics of bikes I'veI've stripped to a bare frame and rebuilt:

Before

scan0028_zps27e77e76.jpg

scan0030_zps2d8dc23f.jpg

After

16902x803_zps2cee15ee.jpg

16900x803_zpsb0a2c396.jpg

Before

44681.jpg?max=800I800

43479.jpg?max=800

44689.jpg

After

DSC_1155copy_zps363563a2.jpg

44731.jpg

44728.jpg

44725.jpgu44725.jpg

I used to work in the industry for about ten years, I'd been working at Hein Gericke head office for a few years before the company went belly up.

Edited by StripleR675

I stripped my Suzuki GS850 when I had it but admit I had to have help putting it back together.  Likewise many many years ago I sued to work on my cars myself because you had to when money was short.  I guess when I was on good money I used to pay others to do it because a) they were better than me and B) because I didn't have the time working shifts.

Would I like to be able to do more?  No not really I am happy riding them and am lucky to be in a position where I can let others get their hands mucky.  I don't have a garage and that severely restricts what I can do realistically.  If I had a garage I would do more and would certainly spend more time cleaning as it would be better under cover. 

So as it stands I do little other than ride the Tiger.  I did fit the hugger, fender extender and exhaust myself and despite Triumph making it as hard as possible to remove their bolts I still enjoyed doing something myself and being able to say 'I did that'

Do you know what though?  Not withstanding the fact that we all have different aspects of riding that we enjoy we all share a fantastic past time and that to me is what matters.  These Skoda drivers don't know what they are missing. :D