What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Lol that's funny. My wife has an Arai , the only brand to fit her melon and it has the most ridiculous visor release mechanism compared to either my system 6 lid or and shoei.

Chap who works for me rides every day of the year, racks up stupid mileage (bike has 130k n counting) he has an Arai and detests the visor mechanism. Forever breaking side panels.

Just can't get on with them but the wife swears by it for comfort.

Me too, since I wouldn't wear any other brand. I'd trust a Shoei without drop down visor, but Arai fit me better, and Shoei's visor mechanism is pants.

Ever wondered how you could possible irritate people when all you do is be negative about their possessions.. Which they incidently seem to quite like themselves?

Im happy your Arai fits you.

They used to fiy my dad until their shape changed. They went to a Japanese shape iirc.

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Don't listen to striple. He's not a biker just reads all the magazines and polishes his toy on Sunday mornings lol

Rumour has it though.. Once upon a time on a sunny sunday in July. He actually rode it..

But soon came back as much to his disgust, a cloud appeared in the sky.

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Before we get too involved in a heated discussion about helmet safety and which one is best.  If you have a proper accident your helmet may stay on your head and it may stay in one piece but it will not prevent you from receiving life threatening injuries.  Obviously there are a lot of injuries that will kill you and being knocked on the head isn't the only one.

Striple I see you either missed the bit I have highlighted above or are just ignoring it.  If it wasn't clear to you I will say again that although your head may well stay on one piece other injuries on your body may well prove to be life threatening.  So having your super dooper helmet may not make any difference.

Truth be told I am tired of the constant arguing from you with all and any posts on here so I will let you do your thing and in future I will do my own but I shall refrain from commenting on anything you have posted as I just don't see the point.

To the rest of you Guys who post in here I apologise for this but I don't come onto a forum for pointless arguments so I won't be contributing as much in here.

Chris.

Theres only 5 of us regular posters on here anyway. Me, you, Madrunner, Mattchelski and BO60BYS.

I for one rate your input and would much like you to come on a meetwith the rest of us.

I do feel we'd be losing a valueable member if you lessened your input.

You know how me and Madrunner feel about the nipple situation.

So hows about we all carry on as normal but ignore all his future posts?

I dont come here to argue either.. But im not afraid to say it how it is. Certainly not to him.

Striple I see you either missed the bit I have highlighted above or are just ignoring it. If it wasn't clear to you I will say again that although your head may well stay on one piece other injuries on your body may well prove to be life threatening. So having your super dooper helmet may not make any difference.

And conversely, there's every chance that it will, as I and many, many other people can attest to. You said a helmet "will not prevent you from receiving life threatening injuries", which is exactly what they can, and often do, and is a damn good reason for wearing the best one that you can afford, and not compromising it with gimmicky design features. No, you weren't clear - if you'd said that a helmet may not necessarily prevent life threatening injuries, then that would have been clearer, but the fact is that head injury is the number one cause of motorcycle fatalities (followed by blunt chest trauma), and numerous riders have their lives saved by helmets every day.

If my reply caused offence, it wasn't meant to, it was simply a discussion of your previous post.

Edited by StripleR675

I dont come here to argue either.. But im not afraid to say it how it is. Certainly not to him.

So why the snide little Pm then? For someone who doesn't come here to argue, you spend a lot of time attempting to turn discussions into argument with your repeated playground personal digs...

Edited by StripleR675

So why the snide little Pm then? For someone who doesn't come here to argue, you spend a lot of time attempting to turn discussions into argument with your repeated playground personal digs...

The pm is what it is. Read it.

Wondering wtf your problem is.

You seem to purposely come here to try n upset people. I dont get it?

They used to fiy my dad until their shape changed. They went to a Japanese shape iirc.

They've never used only one shell shape on UK market models, different models fit differently. Oriental market models do have differed he'll shapes, to suit their heads.

The pm is what it is. Read it.

Wondering wtf your problem is.

You seem to purposely come here to try n upset people. I dont get it?

Says the man who repeatedly makes argumentative personal playground digs...

And conversely, there's every chance that it will, as I and many, many other people can attest to. You said a helmet "will not prevent you from receiving life threatening injuries", which is exactly what they can, and often do, and is a damn good reason for wearing the best one that you can afford, and not compromising it with gimmicky design features. No, you weren't clear - if you'd said that a helmet may not necessarily prevent life threatening injuries, then that would have been clearer, but the fact is that head injury is the number one cause of motorcycle fatalities (followed no blunt chest trauma), and numerous riders have their lives saved by helmets every day.

If my reply caused offence, it wasn't meant to, it was simply a discussion of your previous post.

You are aware that chris is ex-police though? So has actually seen these things in person, not just looked at statistics on a computer screen?

If so, youll understand why i doubt he'll be responding tbh.

Says the man who repeatedly makes argumentative personal playground digs...

Is that supposed to be one?

You sir, wouldnt last 5 minutes in the real world. Probably why you hide behind the screen then.

Full of ****e.

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

Abit like when we went into the locals bar in holland.

Clearly not ****ing welcome.

Only difference is.. We never said anything and hes spent too long gobbing off and ruining this forum section tbh.

(Apparentlu f u c k ing is kitten now?)

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

Abit like when we went into the locals bar in holland.

Clearly not kitten welcome.

Only difference is.. We never said anything and hes spent too long gobbing off and ruining this forum section tbh.

(Apparentlu f u c k ing is kitten now?)

Yes someone has been fiddling with the ****ing swear filter. As I see it there is no need to constantly abuse top member tbh, there is no purpose, I come off my bike at 60? Im probably brown bread already pal, life's too short

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes someone has been fiddling with the kitten swear filter. As I see it there is no need to constantly abuse top member tbh, there is no purpose, I come off my bike at 60? Im probably brown bread already pal, life's too short

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahaha. Pretty good that tbf. And im alergic to kittens.

Somebody with a sense of humour anyway ;).

Yeah youre brown bread if you hit a post or whatever.

You are aware that chris is ex-police though? So has actually seen these things in person, not just looked at statistics on a computer screen?

If so, youll understand why i doubt he'll be responding tbh.

I've replied to Chris privately. Your playground antics don't warrant a coherent reply...

I've replied to Chris privately. Your playground antics don't warrant a coherent reply...

So basically you dont have an answer.

Youre just intent on doing so.

just so you know.. We all feel the same way. Nobody likes your feable argumentative replies at everything. Its a positive forum.. Theres no room for such constantly negative people such as your yourself. You dont get points for attempts at shooting peoples hard earned down.

With the cold chill running through this normally enjoyable thread, I switched on my heated grips ...............truly it was chilly riding home yesterday.

Come on fellahs.......when you get to my age you will realise life's too short.