What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Call me thick if you like but only just realised the connection with you user name!

Anyway I went for a run today............on the TEX!  Nice cuppa and carrot cake and we went to a delicattesan that we use when in the area and bought two white chocolate tiffins for tomorrow AND an apple turnover which I have just had after our roast beef dinner!!!

I am stuffed and won't bother with the scales tomorrow. :D

• Like 1

Call me thick if you like but only just realised the connection with you user name!

Anyway I went for a run today............on the TEX! Nice cuppa and carrot cake and we went to a delicattesan that we use when in the area and bought two white chocolate tiffins for tomorrow AND an apple turnover which I have just had after our roast beef dinner!!!

Not thick at all Chris. I still wouldnt of got it if you didnt just say :D

I went out on the bike this evening.

Got absolutely annihilated by an R1 on a road that i know like the back of my hand.

It started when i overtook 2 cars, looked in my mirror mid take and he was right behind me on his back wheel.

'Not havin that' i thought. Full throttle, 120kmh and countin ;) on the straight, when he overtook me at quite a pace, on his back wheel again! Kept it up for ages too.

Absolute nutcase. Never seen anythin like it.

His overtakes were abit, hmm sketchy too.

Im not sure how long he's going to live for though... i suspect he's counting hours, not years. 

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Thats pretty good indeed isnt it!

So, all installed and working.

Paired with phone and GPS. I discovered you need to turn off the Bluetooth of the first device while pairing the second or it doesn't work correctly.

Went out with a mate who uses a Sena 20S. Very simple to set up intercom. Not sure how good the universal intercom is as not tried it yet.

Volume is loud enough on the move, up to about 60mph but needs to be a bit louder on motorways.

I use moulted ear plugs though, talking of which, I intended to use my in ear monitors from ultimateear but the jack plug body is to big in diameter to allow it to push right in. A short extension lead with different plug will sort that. With these fitted there will be volume to spare.

Anyway, phone calls are crystal clear and the person on the other end was surprised that I was riding at 70mph at the time.

Music is very good quality streamed from the phone and voice instructions from my aging Zumo are clear enough to understand, even if poor quality, but that's down to the satnav.

Phone overrides GPS, which overrides intercom, which overrides music.

If in frequent conversation on intercom it works best if Bluetooth on GPS is disabled, as the GPS overrides it every time it gives an instruction. More annoying is the speed camera warnings!

The jog dial and central button are a bit fiddler to use with thick gloves, but that will probably get easier with practise.

I'm very pleased with the 10S. It does everything I need it to and apart from the niggles above, is a great piece of kit.

So, all installed and working.

Paired with phone and GPS. I discovered you need to turn off the Bluetooth of the first device while pairing the second or it doesn't work correctly.

Went out with a mate who uses a Sena 20S. Very simple to set up intercom. Not sure how good the universal intercom is as not tried it yet.

Volume is loud enough on the move, up to about 60mph but needs to be a bit louder on motorways.

I use moulted ear plugs though, talking of which, I intended to use my in ear monitors from ultimateear but the jack plug body is to big in diameter to allow it to push right in. A short extension lead with different plug will sort that. With these fitted there will be volume to spare.

Anyway, phone calls are crystal clear and the person on the other end was surprised that I was riding at 70mph at the time.

Music is very good quality streamed from the phone and voice instructions from my aging Zumo are clear enough to understand, even if poor quality, but that's down to the satnav.

Phone overrides GPS, which overrides intercom, which overrides music.

If in frequent conversation on intercom it works best if Bluetooth on GPS is disabled, as the GPS overrides it every time it gives an instruction. More annoying is the speed camera warnings!

The jog dial and central button are a bit fiddler to use with thick gloves, but that will probably get easier with practise.

I'm very pleased with the 10S. It does everything I need it to and apart from the niggles above, is a great piece of kit.

Good, glad to hear it. 

Thanks for writting that up too. 

I just might be buying one at some point! More for the Zumo really. It's great having a nav, but its alot easier when you can hear it haha 

• Like 1

Anyway I went for a run today............on the TEX!  Nice cuppa and carrot cake and we went to a delicattesan that we use when in the area and bought two white chocolate tiffins for tomorrow AND an apple turnover which I have just had after our roast beef dinner!!!

You know what Chris should have taken the bike, suffering from very sore calves tonight which eating cake would have sorted...

• Like 1

We bought the Interphone F3s which was a lot cheaper than many of the others on the market.  We bought them as a pair and we can have a conversation quite easily at the  NSL and above (on private roads) :notme:

Mine is linked to the phone and calls are well within it's capabilities as you say without the person on the other end realising you are riding at the time.  It will link to the GPS but even in the car I turn the sound off and rely on the screen which on a bike is useless because of reflection.  I have used my phone as a sat nav while on the bike with ease.

I never listen to music on the bike as I prefer the music of the exhaust.  I think it is also that I spent five years driving a bus around where you have no music so now am used to not having it.  In fact I often punch the radio button in the car with a shout of shut the **** up and turn it off because I am sick of hearing the drivel of some numpty who thinks they are entertaining.  Part of being a grumpy old git I suspect.

Only problem I have had with the Interphone was when I changed helmets because the unit is stuck on the outside with one of those 4M sticky pads and I had to buy some more which came with a load of other stuff from Interphone that put the cost up.  I maybe could have sourced some elsewhere had I bothered looking but typically I took the easy route!

• Like 1

I dont think id use it for music either. I do like listening to the bike and theres enough going on whilst riding a bike imo.

I do use the satnav without voice atm, which is great, its just if im on a stretch of motorway and get carried away, forgetting to look where im turning off :D.

Not even bothered about the phone function if im honest. Its all stuff i wouldnt be without in the car, but I like to escape on the bike. Dont want mithering customers getting through to me :D.

Well I'm having a trip back to the dealers on Saturday. There is some blistering on the rear bevel drive casing that's starting to lift paint in a few areas. Its been well protected over winter but suspect it may be fallout from the rear brake - there's a clear ring around this area. Be interesting to see what bmw have to say considering its out of warranty by a couple of weeks.

Well I'm having a trip back to the dealers on Saturday. There is some blistering on the rear bevel drive casing that's starting to lift paint in a few areas. Its been well protected over winter but suspect it may be fallout from the rear brake - there's a clear ring around this area. Be interesting to see what bmw have to say considering its out of warranty by a couple of weeks.

Should be alright mate. If theyre a pain, tell em you were thinkin of havin another new one, but if this is what the aftersales service is like ;).

Ahaha

• Like 1

That's exactly my plan mate.....normally beemer are pretty good.

Yeah should be. The one in manchester has always been spot on with my dad. So they should be though tbh, they arent cheap bikes are they :)

• Like 1

That's my other point.

Trouble is, like you, still got that itch to change the old bus.

Grrrrrrr. The majority of my riding is the daily commute, which on the non icy days means a and b roads. When its really moody weather its motorway.

Need something that can take the Mrs (when she doesn't want to ride her bike on longer trips), tour, motorway and blast.

Vfr1200 ? 1200gs ? Tex1200 with £1200 of free cake? S1000xr ?

Edited by Madrunner

That's my other point.

Trouble is, like you, still got that itch to change the old bus.

Grrrrrrr. The majority of my riding is the daily commute, which on the non icy days means a and b roads. When its really moody weather its motorway.

Need something that can take the Mrs (when she doesn't want to ride her bike on longer trips), tour, motorway and blast.

Vfr1200 ? 1200gs ? Tex1200 with £1200 of free cake? S1000xr ?

Is a second loony bike an option?

It is in terms of budget and space but I prefer having 1 bike that gets used all the time.

It is easier

Thats the dilemma ive been having though. No bike can be awesome at everything can it. Some bikes are obv better all rounders (like the k13?) but then dont have the bonkers side that something completely impractical can have :D

Exactly that mate.

The previous speed triple was ridiculous for hooning around but on motorways was just painful.

The s1000xr does tick an awful lot of boxes to be fair.

Yeah ive heard theyre bonkers. Big money though arent they

Yeah you ain't wrong. All the bikes I consider ate roughly the same price.

Its the chain drive that puts me off. Fine for summer riding but on those salty, damp days I dont want to arrive home late at night then have to clean and lube the chain.

Yeah you ain't wrong. All the bikes I consider ate roughly the same price.

Its the chain drive that puts me off. Fine for summer riding but on those salty, damp days I dont want to arrive home late at night then have to clean and lube the chain.

Yeah chains are a pain in the arse. Dirty horrible things haha