Beavo's SE Fabia, AKA 'Beast'

stevobeavo

Well that's what I thought, but after ali at unit 18 said mine is quicker than some of the 260/270bhp gtb's he's driven.

So I think I rather have one of their spec hybrids that can run a reliable 260bhp and is a bolt on job rather and the faffing around with a gtb.

Funny he said that as he sells hybrids eh........:D

You need to go in a GTB powered car yourself before believing anything someone trying to sell you a hybrid tells you ;)

• Like 1

Funny he said that as he sells hybrids eh........:D

You need to go in a GTB powered car yourself before believing anything someone trying to sell you a hybrid tells you ;)

He gets another company to make his turbos to his spec so I can't see him making any money from it.

Of course I would love to go out in a gtb fabia to see what's its about (hint lol).

But people who have met and used unit 18 know that they proberly know more about fabia tuning than most out there.

• Like 1

Maybe as yours is a pd150 hybrid it spools a bit quicker and therefore feels faster than a gtb turbo... as well as your car having the APs, and dif etc as well as that mountain of torque... a lot of it comes down to the way it's been mapped too.

It's up to you at the end of the day but I've read a lot of people's threads on here who have gone from a hybrid to a GTB and haven't looked back :)

Edited by andsoutham

• 2 weeks later...

Been in talks with pastyboy about a custom badge but with a difference. I wanted a high detailed picture. He was quite excited by the idea as hes never done a badge like it. The normal badge printer couldnt handle the detail so he switched to a inkjet one.

Have to say I'm very impressed, up close under light you can see the Printer lines, this was picked up on the sample he sent me

24482459326_13a2e5359c_z.jpg

But at a distance of few foot or away from direct light the lines pretty much disappear.

23881855163_a3597cfc23_k.jpg

Hmm... Ill wait and see what they look like fitted and reserve judgment till then.

Looks a good picture though.

I might not even like them when there on the car lol. but I do love the quality and picture. I have a mis match of badges ATM, a standard rear one and a custom badge by the previous owner.

I'm making a new front grill ATM so if that turns out well I'll be sticking it on there.

• 2 weeks later...

After a recent late drive on the motorway I decided it was time to do something about my shocking headlights.

This is the 8000k bulbs with the tints removed

24601269891_c49b1aee5a_b.jpg

Dangerous isn't it.

And this is the osram OEM 4300k spec bulbs

24067959963_49de23252a_b.jpg

Much better. I need to go down a country lane just to see the real difference is though

• Like 2

Tinting lights again or not? :P

Keeping the tints off, look nicer with them on but I prefer being able to see better.

I'll see how these are if I think there still a bit crap I'll do what hutchy did and modify a set standard lights and sell these xenon ones.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update at the moment. My new bumper has been prepped and cut up to turn it into another widemouth, its goig to be sent to be painted soon.

I've made a grill up, like Charlie's one. waiting until I my bumpers done to fit it

Going to be having my wheels refurbished, no powder coaters near me do the colour I want so I'll have to buy it myself and supply it. Something a bit different, that I haven't seen on here before.

These also turned up for me this morning

24357262673_d864011d03_k.jpg

NS-2R's, been getting some good reviews. Going to be running them as daily tyre and a track tyre so will be Interesting to see how they hold up.

Edited by stevobeavo
  • Like 4

Got my tyres fitted at work today,

24426910963_e51d7913be_b.jpg

so I am now completely cheap chinese rubber free :) . I've put my bridgestone potenza adrenalin re002 on the back (I found them very good, especially as I got them for £65 a tyre)

Obligatory brake photo lol.

24935677832_762199f620_b.jpg

And fitted on the car

24960469091_7674d7f03b_b.jpg

I choose to get the 180 tread wear rather than the 140 as I'll only be doing a couple track days so I don't want these to wear down to quickly. Despite them being new tyres and the wrong pressure and freezing cold temperature the turn in has improved and there is quite a bit of grip too.

Also the ride is nicer and road noise is about the same (my car is a noisy bugger inside so others might notice it more than me)

• Like 2

What size are the tyres?

Fitted a set to my kit car,only did a few miles on them before winter and felt good :)

Excellent value too,set of four from JJC race and rally delivered to the door for £225,that is 195/55 15's.

What size are the tyres?

Fitted a set to my kit car,only did a few miles on them before winter and felt good :)

Excellent value too,set of four from JJC race and rally delivered to the door for £225,that is 195/55 15's.

There the standard 205/40 17's. Two delivered was £150 from MOT Motorsport. Came next day too.

• Like 1

No updates other than my wheel refurb will cost £360!!! Expensive paint and clearcoat lol.

I also had one of those days where I actually got to properly drive the car. M25 had traffic so I took the back roads. They were completely clear and now I have decent light which means I can actually see I had some fun.

Its the first time the roads have been completely dry and i got some heat into the ns-2r's and wow! Where the RE002 would start to slip even with the diff locked, theses things just grip, add more throttle and the diff locks they dig in and find more grip and the car pulls to the inside of the corner. No wheel spin in seconds gear either when coming onto boost. Amazing tyre for the money.

And I also got to use the brakes to there full potential too. It's staggering that the more you brake the better they get unlike the standard 288 brakes. Slowing down from 60-30mph takes a blink of an eye and with the extra grip from the tyre I never once hit the abs.

I also had a mk5 R32 tailgate me on a bypass and from 30-80mph I managed to pull quite a few car lengths on him. slowed down and pulled into a petrol station, the guy followed me in and we spent the next 20 minutes looking over and talking about the cars.

It's these rare times like this when you fall back in love with your car. And as I had thoughts of selling they are now completely gone lol.

Roll on 11th of April when I'm at a trackday at brands hatch :)

• Like 4

That's a ridiculous price for a wheel refurb if you use the car!!!

City powdercoaters in Birmingham charge £20 per wheel,not always a perfect job,but for a used/daily car you can't go wrong ;)

That's a ridiculous price for a wheel refurb if you use the car!!!

City powdercoaters in Birmingham charge £20 per wheel,not always a perfect job,but for a used/daily car you can't go wrong ;)

The going price round my way is £300 give or take. Just for them to break the bead fill and spray and lacquer in a mobile van will cost £200-250 and the finish isn't that great and won't last that long. Edited by stevobeavo

Need to re paint my rear calipers and as I have a few bits in being delivered soon I'll spend an evening after work getting them all done. The question is do I redo them in red or something different? I'm leaning towards yellow! Am I crazy.