Superchips

Crista

I may have missed someone else posting this as I haven't been around for a while. A search didn't bring anything recent up. Last year I emailed Superchips to see if they did anything for the 60ps engine. At the time they didn't but they just emailed me to say they now do. It brings the power up to 75 but mostly before 6000rpm and also the torque to above that of the factory 75 engine. The cost £221 Inc vat which doesn't seem bad to me and worth considering.

Celtic Tuning are advertising this too. They say 'The 1.0 petrol engines we can take from 59bhp up to 80bhp and from 70lbft torque up to 77lbft torque giving a very impressive performance gain and all within safe design tolerance of the engine and drive train components.  Our ‘fast road’ software is designed to provide linear power delivery without any harshness to the acceleration, the benefit being prolonged life of your clutch and a superior drive over standard. The cost of the remap is £250 all inclusive

That's interesting too - good gains on such a small engine and a cheaper alternative to the factory 75.It also means you can gave a limited edition such as a Black or Monte Carlo with a "75" engine that wasn't available as an option.

That's a fairly good increase for a NA engine. Maybe it just shows how de-tuned VW make them for reliability?

£250 is not too bad.....would make CC a bit more fun!! (No must not remap!!)

I read that someone on the up forums had a 60 remapped to 80(ish). I'd get mine remapped but I'll probably looking to change the sport within the next year so not sure if it's good vfm.

It's very easy to do as the 60 as std closes the throttle at high revs to restrict the power whereas the 75 doesn't .

I've asked that question and Superchips says he doesn't think so (but that doesn't mean no obviously). They said that if Skoda does reset the ecu then Superchips will re-do it free of charge but the local agent that does it may charge for their Labour. So an element of risk then. When I get mine done it will be done after the first service due in 3 weeks.

15bhp is it really worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's 20bhp! And that's a 33.33% increase! Should be noticeable in an 850kg-ish car! Plus the torque has a 10% increase, and torque gains are where it's at ;)

All the power is over 5k rpm. You don't notice it at all in day to day use but it is noticeable if you cane it through the gears. All they are doing is putting the map that is on the 75 version and tweaking that slightly to up the power.

Still 80bhp from 999cc isn't bad.

I'd imagine if they looked for it they would find it easily enough.

But on a normal service they wouldn't find anything.

I'm sure if they found it skoda would at least invalidate the engine and gearbox warranty.

So if they can do it for the 60 why is there not one to up the 75 as well?

• Like 1

For those of you wondering about the 80bhp tune available from CelticTuning, I enquired yesterday and this is the very - quick - response I got back!

"Dear ______,

Thank you for your enquiry with Celtic Tuning, leaders in Electronic Engine Enhancements.

With a global dealer network and full mobile operations in England and Wales, we pride ourselves on both the quality of our software and the delivery of our work. The benefit of choosing Celtic Tuning over the competition is quite simply that, unlike most others, we actually write & develop our own software in house giving us endless flexibility to provide the tuning solution that suits you.

All of our work is developed and tested on our state of the art dynamometer, the Dastek 750. With full monitoring facilities for all engine parameters, it enables us to provide the safest software upgrades for your vehicle without detriment to the longevity of your engine/drive train and all of which is fully MOT compliant for emissions testing.

The 1.0 petrol engines we can take from 59bhp up to 80bhp and from 70lbft torque up to 77lbft torque giving a very impressive performance gain and all within safe design tolerance of the engine and drive train components. Our ‘fast road’ software is designed to provide linear power delivery without any harshness to the acceleration, the benefit being prolonged life of your clutch and a superior drive over standard.

For testimonials of our work please follow the link: http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/testimonials.aspx

To provide added peace of mind for customers with vehicles still under warranty, we provide a FREE 12 month’s insurance backed supplementary warranty - please download the brochure here: http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/downloads/Celtic_Tuning_Warranty.pdf Full terms and conditions apply, please see website for details

The cost of the remap is £360 all inclusive for which you would need to make a visit to our dealer in Glasgow. This comes with a 14 day money back guarantee which gives you plenty of time to ensure it is exactly what you are after.

If you wish to go ahead with the remap please forward us your contact details (address, Post Code and Phone number) and we will be in touch to arrange a booking very soon. Alternatively if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask as our technical team will be able to answer any questions you may have.

Regards

Luke

Customer Advisor"

Would be intrigued.

Edited by Camlep
  • Like 1

For those of you wondering about the 80bhp tune available from CelticTuning, I enquired yesterday and this is the very - quick - response I got back!

"

The cost of the remap is £360 all inclusive for which you would need to make a visit to our dealer in Glasgow. This comes with a 14 day money back guarantee which gives you plenty of time to ensure it is exactly what you are after.

Regards

Luke

Customer Advisor"

Would be intrigued.

Weird. I had the same email from Luke (post#2)  but with a cost of £250