Smartlink Unlocking/Activation option

If I have smart link enabled does this mean that the driver can watch the movies on the phone via the Amundsen screen?

Surely not - must be highly illegal!!!

No. You can't.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

A few new features announced in iOS 10 for CarPlay:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/carplay-at-wwdc-rearrange-or-hide-apps-apple-music-makeover-alternate-routing-and-more.1977633/

Would the new feature to show directions in the instrument cluster work in our cars?

I have given this a go with ios10 beta on my Octavia mkIII Amundsen (5Q0035874A H24 0241), and it was no dice :(

Nothing on the maxi dot in the navigation nor phone menu. So it looks like it will need a smartlink software update to work *sigh*

Edited by OscarTheGrouch

I have given this a go with ios10 beta on my Octavia mkIII Amundsen (5Q0035874A H24 0241), and it was no dice :(

Nothing on the maxi dot in the navigation nor phone menu. So it looks like it will need a smartlink software update to work *sigh*

Shame, I hoped it would work. Maybe it might be added in one of the betas further down the line. Thanks for letting us know.

Shame, I hoped it would work. Maybe it might be added in one of the betas further down the line. Thanks for letting us know.

All the other features shown at WWDC are there so I'm confident that the in dash directions are in iOS, it's probably the Amundsen that needs an update, so that will likely be a wait of: ages to never.

Edited by OscarTheGrouch

Yay hay...thanks to sitting and reading through this thread it got me thinking about "App connect" in my new Golf. Dealer told me I could not get it activated, even though I had the "contact dealer message"

Tracked down the VW part number and booked mine in for this week to be activated.

Only problem is VW wanted £230! Managed to get it agreed at £200, still alot more than you Skoda owners seem to pay but at least it will hopefully allow full integration of my phone to the car and enable use of the voice bit with Siri etc.

The VW part number is virtually the same as Skoda apart from the beginning (5G)0054830A.

Thanks for the info helped me a treat :)

I've asked for a code off the dealer. Just like everything else I've asked for they had no idea it could be done. They look at me like I'm some sort of skoda genius because I seem to know all the little intricacies. Its am thanks to you Briskoda guys to be fair.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A very useful tip when using apple carplay is that you can run google maps in the background. You are not able to see anything on the screen but you can have the turn by turn instructions if you so require, you can continue to use carplay as usual. Not a perfect solution but a usefull one I think. insruction are here. http://www.redmondpie.com/using-google-maps-navigation-in-apple-carplay-mode-workaround/

I am shortly expecting delivery of new Scout but was told by the dealer that the SmartLink will be already activated even though I had originally asked for it, but it was not on the order. I understand from a phone conversation with Skoda customer care that SmartLink won't become standard on Columbus units until possibly later this year or early next year ( is that true or have you heard likewise ?) The dealers email said I should bring the Apple lightning USB cable so as to have it setup, shown and explained. There is plenty on YouTube about it in different forms and languages. Well I'll hold dealer to their email and I'll make sure I don't get charged extra for it.

I understand from a phone conversation with Skoda customer care that SmartLink won't become standard on Columbus units until possibly later this year or early next year ( is that true or have you heard likewise ?)

According to the brochure, SmartLink has been included with Columbus ever since SmartLink became available with the MIB2 units on MY16 models in May 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

A very useful tip when using apple carplay is that you can run google maps in the background. You are not able to see anything on the screen but you can have the turn by turn instructions if you so require, you can continue to use carplay as usual. Not a perfect solution but a usefull one I think. insruction are here. http://www.redmondpie.com/using-google-maps-navigation-in-apple-carplay-mode-workaround/

Hi Stanian

Do you think the £135 investment was worth it?

I went to dealer today and they did not have a clue and could not demonstrate it?

I have Bolero system Octavia date of Manf July 2015

No sat Nav system included

Edited by Bidey

In my opinion...smartlink in columbus is unnecessary.

Yes...you will have google maps but you already have nav on columbus. You'll have contacts and phone on columbus but you have that with BT.

But you won't have Spotify, Google play music, beyond pod, pocket casts etc (just the apps I use). Nor will you be able to search with Google as you can with smart link.

• 2 months later...

I've just check that the infotainment in my 2015 octavia as a smartlink option. But when i push it it says : "Smartlink" you can activate the function by means of an activation key. Please contact the dealer.

Does any one have any idea how to activate rh smart link? It is a bolero system. And i dont want do go to the dealer.

I've just check that the infotainment in my 2015 octavia as a smartlink option. But when i push it it says : "Smartlink" you can activate the function by means of an activation key. Please contact the dealer.

Does any one have any idea how to activate rh smart link? It is a bolero system. And i dont want do go to the dealer.

It is easy. Then you do not want to have SmartLink...

I've read all the coments and i am trying to find a way to activate it (if it is possible) by myself. And not goinv to the dealer cos they are not cheap.

You can't.

150 EUR is not really end of the world if you need all this...