Superb Sat nav

Guys

i have just purchased a Superb  2013,love it, need some help with Satnav,it came with version 3.

Anyone tell me how and what i need to update for postcodes etc.

im in Milton Keynes.

many thanks

It the cd thats has version 3,and VAG name on it Europe west version3.

Map info is giving me Navteq 6317, 3T00356805

any idea how old this is..

It the cd thats has version 3,and VAG name on it Europe west version3.

Map info is giving me Navteq 6317, 3T00356805

any idea how old this is..

Nope I don't, but someone on here will matey....

Freedom thanks for the reply,seems i cant input all of the postcode as well.

But apart from that all very good,everything else works well.

Your maps are apparently from 2007, did you get it from a Skoda dealer or privately? If its from a dealer I would ask them to update to the latest available.

To get the postcode entry to work you need to update the firmware, there is a guide here on how to do it, or again, if you got it from a dealer get them to update it.

That does seem odd for a 2013 car. Is it the facelift model, and which model is it?. Just wondering if its an S model or similar without standard sat nav if someone fitted it aftermarket having purchased it from Ebay or somewhere similar.

This video shows the postcode input from 30 seconds onwards where you have to change from letters and select numbers at the bottom of the screen. Input the first two postcode letters then at the bottom of the screen change to numbers, then go back to letters to enter the last digits.  

The earlier versions only went to 5 digit postcodes so not that good, the newer versions do full 7 digit postcode which you would think you should have. I have a 2013 Superb FL and it has 7 digit postcodes input.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MImvXM-COog

Its a 1.6 Elegance greenline 11 TDI 2013,purchased from non Skoda dealer. Disc was missing when i viewed it.so guess they give me wrong one when collected.

ill contact them for new disc,any idea which version i should have.

Thanks for your support.

I've just checked my car and I have Navteq version 7918. To check this turn on the sat nav system (ignition off) press and hold the 'SET UP' key until the menu changes (10 seconds or so) then you can see the mapping version - I think there is another button to press first before the map version is displayed.

Mine is also a 2013 Superb Elegance.

When you say yours is a 2013 11 model, do you mean pre facelift model. You can get a 2013 Superb facelift 11, but if it's a Greenline Skoda called it a Greenline 111 model - it can get a little confusing. 

If it's a facelift model Elegance it will have LED daytime running lights, pre facelift models don't have LED daytime lights.

Edit: forgot to say this is Version 9 mapping.

Edited by cnc
  • Like 1