Tpm

Sad555

After having a puncture on the motorway at the weekend and being completely unaware until a kind motorist pulled up to me and waved out saved me from running down to the rim on the alloy,when I had a dodgy valve on the Octavia the TPM alerted me,so I was thinking could a Skoda TPM still be fitted after market.

Or you could try this www.tyrepal.co.uk. I've used one for a couple of months now, seems to work fine. Haven't had to try it in anger yet though. You can set an alarm for high pressure, low pressure & tyre temp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I retrofitted the Skoda button for TPMS to my pre-FL Octavia before I sold it.

I believe Eddie-NL on here may be able to supply a wiring loom and button for you.

Check which ABS controller you have (tucked away behind the battery below the scuttle panel or get a VCDS scan) and then check on here or the Ross Tech Wiki to see if yours is compatible or not.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Dont know if this thread is still active but looking at fitting TPM button to yeti. Have button and lead in a kit from eBay.

Found local auto electrician willing to have a go, they can do the VCDS no problem just a bit stuck on getting the blank button out and the TPM button and wiring in !

Anyone had the buttons out ? or done the retrofit ??

Dont know if this thread is still active but looking at fitting TPM button to yeti. Have button and lead in a kit from eBay.

Found local auto electrician willing to have a go, they can do the VCDS no problem just a bit stuck on getting the blank button out and the TPM button and wiring in !

Check out the "Skoda Yeti Technical Guides" section, where you will find a veritable mass of information on how to do things Yeti - as in = LINK

Hope this helps..........Tony

Where did you get your wiring loom from (ebay reference ?)

I did get one from a Golf which piggy-backed from the TCS button, but the wiring was different.

I have a Yeti TPMS reset button which I brought from Skoda (£7)

cheers

Andy

There might be an easier way to get TPM/TPMS on your Yeti.

I believe that MY12 and onwards can reset the TPMS using the instrument cluster/maxidot so there is no need to do any wiring or add a button.

I think you'll need to do the normal ABS coding and the recode the instrument cluster, possibly Byte 2, Bit 0.

Thanks for the LINK's now have drawings showing how to remove the buttons and also the tool needed for the removal.

Will probably make one and let the electrician chap have it.

Like the sound of re setting using the maxidot, will try that first and if that works might just "bob" the button in without connecting it up.

The button and wiring came from eBay and the link is below or you could look for eBay item number 162151207694

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Tire-pressure-warning-TPMS-SET-switch-with-cable-for-SKODA-YETI-5LD-927-127-/162151207694?hash=item25c0f7130e:g:2dEAAOSwtnpXmjDt

• Like 1

I believe that MY12 and onwards can reset the TPMS using the instrument cluster/maxidot so there is no need to do any wiring or add a button.

I do not have that on my 2015 Yeti, the only way I can reset the TPM is on the button below A/C controls.

Never heard of TPMS being reset via the Maxidot. But it can be with VCDS!

There is a setting in Maxidot to switch to winter tyre (or other wheel set) settings though.

Never heard of TPMS being reset via the Maxidot.

I can confirm it works on my MY12 Octavia, looks like it became possible on at least some MY11 vehicles.

03-ABS Brakes

- Checked byte 16, bit 1 - No description <-- Edit: I missed this originally but it is needed as per http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/363554-tpm/#entry4747407

- Checked byte 16, bit 2 - Tire Press Monitoring (TPMS/PR-7K6) installled

- Checked byte 17, bit 2 - Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS/PR-7K6) via Instrument Cluser (MY 2011+)

19-CAN Gateway

- Added 4C (Tire Pressure II) to the installation list

17-Instruments

- Checked byte 2, bit 0 - Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS) active/installed

There is now a 'Tyre Pressure' section in the 'Settings' on the Maxidot:

post-121621-0-32541300-1478252918_thumb.jpg

Which gives the following prompts:

post-121621-0-15560800-1478252924_thumb.jpg

post-121621-0-24988200-1478252928_thumb.jpg

post-121621-0-91586100-1478252931_thumb.jpg

Simples ;)

Edited by langers2k
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tried the coding in Post #14 on my Yeti (2012 CR140 4x4 elegance) and although the coding was accepted by all modules the maxidot reset didn't work. A short time after requesting save tyre pressures a message came up saying "not saved". I think this system is for the TPMS that uses individual sensors on the wheel valves - in VCDS it is identified as TPM II.

The ABS unit TPMS can be enabled by setting byte 16, bit 2 and reset with VCDS by accessing group 042 from basic settings.

John

Tried the coding in Post #14 on my Yeti (2012 CR140 4x4 elegance) and although the coding was accepted by all modules the maxidot reset didn't work. A short time after requesting save tyre pressures a message came up saying "not saved". I think this system is for the TPMS that uses individual sensors on the wheel valves - in VCDS it is identified as TPM II.

The ABS unit TPMS can be enabled by setting byte 16, bit 2 and reset with VCDS by accessing group 042 from basic settings.

John

Direct TPMS system (with sensors in each wheel) tend to use Address 65: Tire Pressure (J502). I fitted this to my Octavia so I only coded the indirect system as a brief test.

Looking on a different forum, it looks like you also need to enable byte 16, bit 1 in the ABS controller, this was missing in my original instructions. Might need to be done manually as I don't think there will be a checkbox.

Be good if you could try that otherwise I'll disable my direct TPMS system on Monday to play with the indirect version in more detail :)

Well the extra bit in byte 16 seems to have fixed that problem - the MaxiDot is now happy that it can store tyre pressures and there is a "bong" which might indicate that the reset is successful.

Will keep an eye on the measurement blocks in the ABS unit to see what is happening with learning and reset.

Many thanks for your help,   John

• Like 1

After having a puncture on the motorway at the weekend and being completely unaware until a kind motorist pulled up to me and waved out saved me from running down to the rim on the alloy,when I had a dodgy valve on the Octavia the TPM alerted me,so I was thinking could a Skoda TPM still be fitted after market.

Worth remembering that the fitted TPM works by comparing rotation of tyres, detecting differences and sounding the alarm if a difference is detected. Works fine for punctures but it doesn't tell you if the pressures are correct or all low or high. Apparently there have been cases where people have been driving with seriously under inflated tyres who didn't check tyre pressures because "the car didn't tell me to". Hard to believe I know but the growing reliance on auto systems can lead to this.

• Like 1

Well the extra bit in byte 16 seems to have fixed that problem - the MaxiDot is now happy that it can store tyre pressures and there is a "bong" which might indicate that the reset is successful.

Will keep an eye on the measurement blocks in the ABS unit to see what is happening with learning and reset.

Excellent news :)

Sounds like I should be ok with the TPM, in the maxidot. I do check the pressures and tyres for foreign objects.

Visit local stables and have had several horse shoe nails in the tyres, last one cost £25 to fix.

If there is any more info can you post it on here