Rob's Ur Quattro

RobClubley

Had a couple of hours today to start stripping the GT

11884602_10153486257525977_8826276558767

11875122_10153486257650977_4659663819570

11924378_10153486257790977_1788368765008

I'm so happy at the condition of the rear shelf, mine is not good and I wasn't looking forward to restoring it.

11875150_10153486257880977_7398648347561

I've found some trims that mine is missing, loads of useful bits, the sunroof seal looks to be good which saves me a few hundred dollars. Very happy with what I have so far :D

• Like 1

Great Thread Rob, watching with interest, both my son and I love the old group B rally cars and the daddy of them all the UR Quattro. Looking forward to seeing this progress from quite the basket case to a serious piece of kit.

All the best with it Rob.

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

Good luck with it.   What does the boss say about all the cars around?  I assume the greenhouse and chucks have moved down the list day jobs you have?

Hopefully you will have it finished before our next visit, which given the weather and the $/£ might be sooner than even we thought (2016 at earliest so 16months at least)

That was a fair distance from Turanga.

Best wishes to all

John

Hi Rob,

Good luck with it.   What does the boss say about all the cars around?  I assume the greenhouse and chucks have moved down the list day jobs you have?

Hopefully you will have it finished before our next visit, which given the weather and the $/£ might be sooner than even we thought (2016 at earliest so 16months at least)

That was a fair distance from Turanga.

Best wishes to all

John

She's tolerating them. I'm making a big effort to get rid of the gold one ASAP. 

They came from Taupo, so only about 5 hours away. No idea how long it will take but a year or less would be nice. Things will slow down soon I think :D 

It's booked in for rust and paint in September - I told them I'm not in a rush if it reduces costs.

The rebuild will take a lot longer than strip down as lots of things need to be made right. And things need to be bought!

Not much to say this week as I was away for most of last week.

http://autoclique.co.nz/2015/09/project-rusty-robs-audi-ur-quattro-part-8-rusty-is-going-for-rust-repair/

But Rusty is going to the rust repair and paint shop on Monday. Excited, and slightly terrified by the impending bill.

Great work so far, keep up the good work, am really loving this and looking forward to seeing it be transformed.

I'd keep them silver to (a) keep the original look, and (B) matches the audi decals on the door.

To me, with black you just seem to lose the detail of the alloys, you may as well put some standard steelies on.

White would be a nightmare to keep clean, unless you're into detailing on a daily/weekly basis. Too much effort for me.

Then again, you could go mad and go for gold! Classic JPS look....

post-18280-14424914080725_thumb.jpg

post-18280-14424914475394_thumb.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Silver, because factory.

Good work though! Having gone through this recently with an E30, I can sympathise with the pain of finding more rust :( The donor car will be a godsend too.

Keep it up though - this is one of the few Audis I like, so it'll be good to see it returned to former glory! :)

• Like 1

I'd never realised just how far forward the engines on these are - this really hits home just how much they're in front of the wheels!

I've just realised how hard my mate hit the underpass from A82 East to A898 (Erskine Bridge) South when he understeered off. (part of the engine was inside the car)