The Superb III Picture thread

Is it lowered, or this is the standard sport suspension?

Looks so good.

I wanted to for sportline, but couldn't fit into monthly rate. In the end I ordered Style (equivalent with SEL trim in UK I think). I also ordered sport suspension and progressive steering. If it will look the same with sport suspension I will be very glad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, U241170 said:

Looks so good.

I wanted to for sportline, but couldn't fit into monthly rate. In the end I ordered Style (equivalent with SEL trim in UK I think). I also ordered sport suspension and progressive steering. If it will look the same with sport suspension I will be very glad.

That's the standard Sportline suspension.  It sits 15mm lower than standard but I think the 19" rims amplify the affect, they really fill the arches and give the car a quite aggressive stance IMO.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, U241170 said:

Looks so good.

Sports suspension and progressive steering are a fantastic option on the Superb in my opinion :)

2 hours ago, PaulJS said:

My second Skoda Superb, a 2.0TDi SEL-executive 4x4 in petrol blue. I've had it just one month :) 

Superb v3_2.jpg

Superb v3_1.jpg

I'll look out for you on my travels around Cheshire!

4 minutes ago, freelunch said:

@Howardv Nice photos! And the silver really shows off the bodywork creases.

Thank you. Yes it does. And in bright sunlight, the business grey paint, almost look like brilliant silver 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @freelunch I don't normally like red cars but I have to say, your car looks brilliant, very special. And the red works so well with the wheels and grill. Very nice.... :)

Hope you have a good trip....

@Whaty I've said before, the colour came with the car. It would not be my first choice, but I quite like it. We recently drove to Durham and Edinburgh and saw a lot more red cars than you do down south. Maybe I should move back to Scotland (while they'll still let me in!).

My last car was black - never again. This car looks too much like a London bus (a darker candy apple red metallic would have been better). My next car will be that lovely blue that you can get on an Octavia - race blue metallic. Unless, of course, the "offer you can't refuse" comes in acid yellow. :biggrin:

11 hours ago, freelunch said:

I'm about to take the Sportline to the continent for the first time. Figured I'd give it a nice shine for the occasion. Spot the damage on the front wheel arch. Can't can you? The hours of rubbing and retouching paid off. I'm chuffed about that.

Rear.JPG

When the sun is on the corrida red, it has a nice lustre under the BH wax, not so in low light.

Front_quarter.JPG

Bonnet.JPG

I'm getting used to the black out grill.

Headlight.JPG

Nice piece of glass work. I wonder how much one of these costs to replace?

That is absolutely gorgeous! I'm almost jealous!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, freelunch said:

Almost?! What would it take you to fully commit? :biggrin:

Er, not having this one (admittedly not a Sportline :) ). Then I'd be well jell!

Superb v3_1.jpg

Edited by PaulJS
  • Like 1

Just now, freelunch said:

@PaulJS Yeah, I wish I could afford to run two or three cars. The neighbours wouldn't be too happy with me, though...

Nicer problems to have... Mine neither, parking is tight on my street. My driveway will accommodate one car, I can't imagine I'd be popular for hogging an outside space too.

This is the Superb that we got for my wife a few weeks ago.  Is there a better looking estate car out there?

2017-06-06 16.29.46.jpg

6 hours ago, Jonno VRs said:

This is the Superb that we got for my wife a few weeks ago.  Is there a better looking estate car out there?

Nope, especially the silver version... :biggrin:

On a serious note, I think it's a truly beautiful design. After 5 months I'm still surprised by just how much I love mine - I'd have expected the novelty to wear off, but it's still there.