The Superb III Picture thread

22 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

@xmanthe best things in life are free. Energy Blue looks better in the flesh than in photo's. Think you were trying to wind me up again but failed again.

Seen enough in the flesh at the dealer and someone nearby has a basic Karoq in that obscene colour. It hurts to look at it.

Obviously carefully chosen by Skoda marketing to persuade the 95% of people with any taste to part with the extra cash for a decent colour. Only cheapskates, probably the kind who bulk buy loo rolls only when on 2 for 1 offer, would consider it.

Edited by xman

56 minutes ago, Mikeworcs said:

Superb by name, Superb by nature.  

I'm on my second (lease) Superb, and I love the model.  So many options included for the price, and the quality is excellent.  I went metallic black for the first, and corrida red for the second (making a statement/standing out).  After nearly 4 years, I've not seen a single other red Superb in or around Worcester!

I've got to choose another one soon when this lease runs out, and despite scouring the available choices, I think I'll probably end up with another Superb.

I can't blame you. I've been fancying one ever since the mkIII came out, but I've always bought cars used and outright, so have held off until they dropped into my price bracket. Having read every review I king of knew what to expect, and if hasn't disapointed. The thing that has surprised me though has been non-car peoples reaction. When I showed my wife it her first reaction was 'god, how expensive is this going to be', when I picked up my brother be got in and said 'I thought you were getting a skoda, this is nicer than dad's car (jag xj)'. Inside it definitely feels more premium than anything in it's class and is more than a match for the class above. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foody said:

I can't blame you. I've been fancying one ever since the mkIII came out, but I've always bought cars used and outright, so have held off until they dropped into my price bracket. Having read every review I king of knew what to expect, and if hasn't disapointed. The thing that has surprised me though has been non-car peoples reaction. When I showed my wife it her first reaction was 'god, how expensive is this going to be', when I picked up my brother be got in and said 'I thought you were getting a skoda, this is nicer than dad's car (jag xj)'. Inside it definitely feels more premium than anything in it's class and is more than a match for the class above. 

I have my mk 3 for just over 4 months now. Inside it is just a really nice place to be. 

• Like 1

On 26/10/2020 at 21:37, tricky1138 said:

Is it just me that walks back to my car and says "that looks like a good photo opportunity? "

IMG_20201026_142041.jpg

You see the bottom grill which has the chrome running through it.. is this easy to click back into place if one side has come out a small bit. Just purchased one of these and the passengers side looks like it isn’t fully pushed out wondering could I do it myself or would it be a dealer job to get it back to normal.

53 minutes ago, BlainCostello said:

You see the bottom grill which has the chrome running through it.. is this easy to click back into place if one side has come out a small bit. Just purchased one of these and the passengers side looks like it isn’t fully pushed out wondering could I do it myself or would it be a dealer job to get it back to normal.

if ur referring to the chrome bit next to the foglights - yes its very easy to remove and clip back in.

u simply pull off the side grille cover, then u can unclip or clip the chrome bit out/in.

i separated the chrome bit so i could plasti-dip it black.

20201004_173926-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.d11a9d83fd97fced9cd3bd20c725735c.jpg

1333769458_16008476754862.thumb.jpg.f42a742ae88aec1f0683fb4650c1b654.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

if ur referring to the chrome bit next to the foglights - yes its very easy to remove and clip back in.

u simply pull off the side grille cover, then u can unclip or clip the chrome bit out/in.

i separated the chrome bit so i could plasti-dip it black.

20201004_173926-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.d11a9d83fd97fced9cd3bd20c725735c.jpg

1333769458_16008476754862.thumb.jpg.f42a742ae88aec1f0683fb4650c1b654.jpg

Yeah that looks sick! That’s the exact part I’m looking to just clip back in as it’s a bit out right now and was just nervous incase I broke it by using force to push it back in place, if you can see the picture below that side is a small bit out of place this is the part I would be trying to click back in 

4C80D554-731A-4D13-845C-98FCACDF912E.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlainCostello said:

Yeah that looks sick! That’s the exact part I’m looking to just clip back in as it’s a bit out right now and was just nervous incase I broke it by using force to push it back in place, if you can see the picture below that side is a small bit out of place this is the part I would be trying to click back in 

Funnily enough that part was missing when I went to look at the car. Unfortunately cant help with the install as the dealer sourced one and installed it, but it does look like it just pushes in.

That's also good to know @JR RS is i've been wondering about changing it to black too. Yours looks great. Am wanting to do the grill too, but might just swap that out for a Sportline one. Might be easier. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlainCostello said:

Removing and putting back this small grill is easy, but equally easy to fit incorrectly, with your small alignment issue as the result. There are some tabs that need to line up correctly with the middle grill. If these tabs are slightly misaligned the grill does fit but then sticks out by a few millimeters. Taking the grill out again and bending the tabs a bit further out and ensuring alignment when fitting it again should resolve it. For me it was a bit easier as I had the front bumper completely off to see what the alignment problem was. Unfortunately I didn’t take detailed pictures. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tricky1138 said:

Funnily enough that part was missing when I went to look at the car. Unfortunately cant help with the install as the dealer sourced one and installed it, but it does look like it just pushes in.

That's also good to know @JR RS is i've been wondering about changing it to black too. Yours looks great. Am wanting to do the grill too, but might just swap that out for a Sportline one. Might be easier. 

How much did it cost for them for the part and the install ? 

1 hour ago, BlainCostello said:

How much did it cost for them for the part and the install ? 

Sorry I dont know. It was missing when I bought the car so they bought it and installed it for free to me. 

6 hours ago, tricky1138 said:

The side lower grille ones r easy to do as they can b easily pulled off the bumper and the chrome bit unclipped from behind.

The centre lower grille is unfortunately a bumper off job as the only way to access the clips holding the chrome is from the inside.

Which is wat I did.

Likewise with the top centre grille - bumper off job, however some have said it's "possible" to remove the grille without removing the bumper.

If I were to do it - I'd much rather remove the bumper entirely.

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boydeee said:

@Thorell Ditto what @mandp said. That is a lovely colour. And those tyres look excellent!

Thanks! The colour is the only thing my wife decided. I was into Business Grey. But her choice was the right one. 

Regarding tyres, I always get a little sad when I change from summer to winter tyres. The car becomes ugly. But that’s the way it is when the winter is coming. 

1 hour ago, Thorell said:

Thanks! The colour is the only thing my wife decided. I was into Business Grey. But her choice was the right one. 

Regarding tyres, I always get a little sad when I change from summer to winter tyres. The car becomes ugly. But that’s the way it is when the winter is coming. 

I'm the same with the wheels and tyres. I put my winter 17s on with winter tyres and I always chuckle at how different it looks.

Does anyone have any pictures of a Black superb with all blacked out in the front with a black superb badge and the original silver badge for comparison.. can’t decide if I should stay with the original silver once I black out the chrome off the grills.

10 hours ago, BlainCostello said:

Does anyone have any pictures of a Black superb with all blacked out in the front with a black superb badge and the original silver badge for comparison.. can’t decide if I should stay with the original silver once I black out the chrome off the grills.

Here you go

1695244099_IMG_4402(1).thumb.jpg.3a676a492cbf11caa9d63f0da9f4d0b2.jpg1956289920_IMG_4245(1).thumb.JPG.61362356927bcc104f8e3610df52c29b.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlainCostello said:

Nice one man! Couldn’t make up my mind but think I actually prefer the silver badge W kind of stands out with the black out front 

In fact, I had your thought too. But with the front all blacked out that shiny and chrome logo doesn't match in my opinion...

Edited by Roscio
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@Raymundo91 Never heard about this 'urban styling pack for the Superb'... :huh: What does it contain? Thanks ;) 

i attached some photos to this thread a while ago but if you just put in google images skoda superb urban pack it comes up with an estate in that meteor grey colour and it looks stunning but i can't find it on any other superb and just that one.