East Anglian Meet - Duxford, 23rd November

Stimps

Do we Furby vRS owners get let into the vRS category or do we have to sit with the hangers on too? ;)

From my point of view, they're both vRSs, but some other members may take a slightly different stance :rolleyes::D :D

Should be good fun, and at least under cover if it is raining p*ssistently.

I reckon we could end up with more than the national meet at this rate, and that was a cracking weekend.

No-one has mentioned a time yet - I guess we should set this based on the time it will take for the furthest traveller to get there. LadyLoki has to get from Croydon to Duxford in her trusty Metro - anyone else coming from further away?

Was thinking about the whole time thing today. I'll try and get there earlyish and claim a stretch of parking areas :)

Perhaps we can say from 9pm onwards? With a view to actually getting inside sometime around 10:30-11 once everyone has arrived? Don't want people to feel they have to rush, so if you turn up early, you get to stand in the car park looking at each others' cars. How's that? :)

Perhaps we can say from 9pm onwards?

Is that the Saturday night, Steve? :eek: Do have a plentiful supply of beach towels for the car park as well? :rofl:

I'll aim to get there between 9.30 and 10, depending on getting family fen sorted, but it's only an hour down the road for me. Is anyone doing the drive thing. As was mentioned earlier, a group of the predicted size would attract attention, although splitting the large group into smaller groups (a la National) would make us less conspicuous. We will need to factor in the fact it will be dark at 4.30ish as well.

I've asked if a Houchin trolley acc (115V/24V power supply) can be connected up to the Shackleton so that I can use the galley to brew myself a cuppa. Not heard back yet so it looks like I may have to make do with the usual 4X4 fare of thermos and sandwiches. Presumably the vRS and VRS ( :wave: ) contingents will be opting for 'fast' snacks, the diesel owners for something in the local 'greasy spoon' (ie transport cafe), while the L&K lot will doubtless wish to opt for a 3 course sit-down lunch with wine.............:(

the diesel owners for something in the local 'greasy spoon' (ie transport cafe), while the L&K lot will doubtless wish to opt for a 3 course sit-down lunch with wine.............:(

Ahh - choice of two for me then, greasy spoon OR 3 course lunch :D

The Museum opens at 10.00 in winter, which fits in quite nicely with me reading the Sunday Times in bed with a cup of tea then taking a leisurely drive across from St Neots(ish). It's currently looking good for a group discount (

Was hoping you'd be there earlier than that, Denis - a dynamic blue 4x4 should act as a good landmark for others to find..... :)

(Wonders how many people are going to spend the preceeding Saturday cleaning their cars...)

The Museum opens at 10.00 in winter, which fits in quite nicely with me reading the Sunday Times in bed with a cup of tea then taking a leisurely drive across from St Neots(ish).

Sounds good. Anyone else up for bacon sarnies at Denis' house? Or, why not go down the Saturday night, slap up meal at DGW towers then a section of the Sunday Times for everyone in the morning? (Bagsy not 'Appointments' :( )

Whereas the 4x4 owners will do their usual and sit down and whine for 3 courses.
Very good, Jon! The only whining I have heard recently is about a novel but flawed method of crankcase ventilation involving an RS engine. Oh, and the whining sound from an RS gearbox which had had enough of its owners antics.

And nice try, Rich. I read the Sunday Times in bed with missus and two Staffies - none of whom would be impressed to see anyone else in the bed! So sorry, it's a non-starter. rolleyes.gif