Phil's Fabia 1.8t Build Thread (ex 1.2 12v)

pip_vrs

Was sent the wrong oil.. Luckily i ordered a bulk load of it on Tuesday so it arrived this afternoon but busy now so will be tomorrow.

38288473381_0f23f71bc4_b.jpg

I rang them today and theyve sent the correct one and a label to sent this back.

Intercooler pipework is proving to still be a pain, the quality of the 'universal pipework' is **** poor so it can't be welded properly. I've welded it and then leak checked it and its leaking the whole way round where the pipe has got hot. You can't see a hole it just looks permiable, so i've bodged it by fitting a small straight silicone over the joins and no leaks.

Need to finish this off in the morning then it can be ran. 

10 hours ago, sharkrider said:

amazing work Phillip! when you are done with the car, can I have the engine ? ;)

Thanks, when i'm done with the car i'll be fitting the engine elswhere.

4 hours ago, Dark_Hero said:

Nothing like missing a track day to give you some motivation. Hope it’s all ok now :)

Cheers Charlie good to catch up at Snetterton, yeah deffo wish i was out there showing them quicker cars what a Beige Skoda can do :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dark_Hero said:

Uh oh. Not working?

Rebuilt it all.. ran upto temp, no leaks.

Jumped in the car to take it for a spin to get it proper hot, pressed the clutch. BANG

Clutch  release bar and release bearing fell apart and lodged the bar in the clutch so it was permantly engaged.

Dropped the box and sorted out bit litrally taken all day.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/9/2017 at 16:55, pip_vrs said:

Was sent the wrong oil.. Luckily i ordered a bulk load of it on Tuesday so it arrived this afternoon but busy now so will be tomorrow.

38288473381_0f23f71bc4_b.jpg

I rang them today and theyve sent the correct one and a label to sent this back.

Intercooler pipework is proving to still be a pain, the quality of the 'universal pipework' is **** poor so it can't be welded properly. I've welded it and then leak checked it and its leaking the whole way round where the pipe has got hot. You can't see a hole it just looks permiable, so i've bodged it by fitting a small straight silicone over the joins and no leaks.

Need to finish this off in the morning then it can be ran. 

fuchs titan pro s is a lot better than the stock oil but is fairly expensive most 1.8t hybrid guys run that

37 minutes ago, pip_vrs said:

I do but don't use it as it pops too loud so would end up getting pulled on noise on the track. 

have you noticed with your k300 the waste gate arm bending and you have to keep adjusting the actuator to get boost ?

12 minutes ago, grizzle245 said:

also what brake option did you go for. boxer on the 312mm discs ? 

Yeah 986 fronts with 312mm discs.

Need to look into some new discs though as plain are getting deposits and causing judering. 

1 hour ago, grizzle245 said:

have you noticed with your k300 the waste gate arm bending and you have to keep adjusting the actuator to get boost ?

Just seen this. Only done 350 odd miles on it and most have been steady running the engine in. Do you have one and have issues thn?

4 minutes ago, pip_vrs said:

Just seen this. Only done 350 odd miles on it and most have been steady running the engine in. Do you have one and have issues thn?

yes my k300 originally kept bending open with heat and manifold pressure when you push them like 20 psi. but i upgraded that part on mine.  also mamba make a nice adjustable one that you don't have to take the turbo out to change spring sizes. the issue you will have is the waste gate will blow its self open as the scroll on the k03 is small and gets alot of pressure forcing its way down. did you port out the hotside any ? 

9 hours ago, pip_vrs said:

Nope all just standrad as it came. We shall see how it goes once mapped 

What head bolts did you go for? I blew a head gasket on standard bolts, replaced my guides while I skimmed the head.   so I went for the arp head stud kit and the stud kit for the mains. Iv rebuilt my motor a few times now whilst I was at it checking how things were. The stock ring gaps are only good for stock power. I made mine bigger as last time the rings slightly touched while running the k300 on a stock head gasket. It's been an expensive lesson my end 

That's the marks I got.

Edited by grizzle245

• 2 weeks later...