Tyres on Mark 3

We have recently placed an order for a Mark 3 Fabia TSI DSG to replace our Mark 2. The Mark 2 was fitted with Continental tyres, which have performed very well. Foolishly, I did not remember to ask the dealer about the tyres that would be put on the new car. I thought that I heard that Skoda have now contracted with the Nexen tyre company to supply them with tyres on their new cars. I've read some positive reviews on Nexen NBlue tyres which gives me some confidence. However, could anyone with a Mark 3 Fabia please confirm that Nexen are the main tyre suppliers. 

We're getting the SE, so they have 15 inch tyres - 185/60/15. It seems that the 15 inch tyres on new Fabias come from either Kumho or Nexen, both South Korean brands. I have no beef with their safety/overall suitability, but I don't think that they come out as well as the more mainstream brands like Continental, Dunlop and Bridgestone in test reports. I've seen all these three mainstream brands on other Fabias, so I'll be asking my dealer about what sort of choice I have over the tyres. As River27 says, the winter is yet to come and I'd rather have the best set of tyres on during a typical British winter. 

You have no choice.  You cannot specify a particular brand of tyres as factory fit.  Just pot luck I'm afraid.

+1 in the above, your car will come with whatever brand Skoda have at the time of build.

Bridgestone Potenza on mine. I do have the 17" Wheel upgrade

Very happy with them. 

Certainly better than the Continental Sport Contact 2 on the Roomster!